Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DontSellMahrez

Ulloa - new contract?

5 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

If he's still happy to not be a starter then fine.

I'd still like proper competition for Vardy - as in quick and a live wire (not musa as he is shit)

I think he is happy not to be a starter, he just wants to play in some capacity, so be it if it's off the bench, he'll take that, he wasn't even getting near the bench under Ranieri though, certainly not off it (This season).

9 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Page 2 and still no source?!

21 minutes ago, DontSellMahrez said:

Presume the news will break at some point soon... mum's friend has shown him a new house to rent today. 

Don't know if it's wholly Shakespeare's decision so don't know if that affects it. Maybe another Rudkin masterstroke. 

Which somehow translates to him being here until 2019.

Just now, broughtonblue said:

Signing a two year contract on Monday. 

Might mean Slimani is not considered a favourite replacement for Vardy etc then?

Ulloa is more mobile than Slimani imo but genuinely see Slimani as a more potent threat on his day.

We all seem a little underwhelmed with this.

He's a capable premier league player who offers us a different option up front without needing to play week in week out.

I think he's liked amongst the squad, happy to have him around.

Most of the teams in the bottom half of the premier league would be happy to have him in our squad and before anyone says we need to aim higher, it's a squad game and we need options.

3 minutes ago, Tuna said:

We all seem a little underwhelmed with this.

He's a capable premier league player who offers us a different option up front without needing to play week in week out.

I think he's liked amongst the squad, happy to have him around.

Most of the teams in the bottom half of the premier league would be happy to have him in our squad and before anyone says we need to aim higher, it's a squad game and we need options.

Not read anything yet that says its true. Where is the story from?

I'd be happy with this I don't believe it means Slim will leave although he might it gives us more options/cover and we all know strikers can hit lengthy barren spells.

I'd rather hope they spend any money on strengthening the defence and midfield and use any U23s as the deeper striker cover if we get hit by a big injury list upfront.

4 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Not read anything yet that says its true. Where is the story from?

No concrete source yet.

Could yet be bollox of course.

Well let's not be hearing any more moaning then because if this is true he should know his job is to sit on the bench as 4th choice and we are paying him to do exactly that.

26 minutes ago, LCFC FOX said:

People saying they'd sooner have ulloa than slimani? 

Slimani is better and the only logic in this would be if a Chinese club has offered more than what we paid for him. 

Presuming Slim will want to go to China. He seems quite determined to succeed here judging by his interviews.

I'd rather we offload Ulloa and get someone younger in. Appreciate the goals he has scored but he's just going to go mouthing off to the press again if we're not playing him.

28 minutes ago, LCFC FOX said:

People saying they'd sooner have ulloa than slimani? 

Slimani is better and the only logic in this would be if a Chinese club has offered more than what we paid for him. 

Or maybe Slimani has made it clear he wants to move on?

20 hours ago, Matt said:

Slimani's gone then! :fc:

Whilst I understand his comments in January and wasn't outraged one bit because I understood where he was coming from he perhaps should have phrased his comments abit better as in 'I will never play for Ranieri again' not 'I will never play for Leicester again'

TBF he had no choice if he's said 'I will never play for Ranieri again' because Ranieri would have picked him even if we had no strikers available! :giggle:

I don't understand why people had the arse with him for his comments tbh, do they not understand he simply wanted to play? When others were playing dogshit for one reason or another and he still wasn't given a chance? He was willing the leave for a paycut, he simply wanted to play, isn't that what we want to hear?!

Yes he threw his toys out the pram but for positive reasons.

Anyway, i'm glad, I like Leo and think he does a job for us.

20 hours ago, Matt said:

Slimani's gone then! :fc:

Whilst I understand his comments in January and wasn't outraged one bit because I understood where he was coming from he perhaps should have phrased his comments abit better as in 'I will never play for Ranieri again' not 'I will never play for Leicester again'

TBF he had no choice if he's said 'I will never play for Ranieri again' because Ranieri would have picked him even if we had no strikers available! :giggle:

I don't understand why people had the arse with him for his comments tbh, do they not understand he simply wanted to play? When others were playing dogshit for one reason or another and he still wasn't given a chance? He was willing the leave for a paycut, he simply wanted to play, isn't that what we want to hear?!

Yes he threw his toys out the pram but for positive reasons.

Anyway, i'm glad, I like Leo and think he does a job for us.

I guarantee if Slimani had done what Ulloa had done you would be slating him lol 

I like Ulloa but stats don't lie - Slimani is a better player. The favouritism towards Ulloa on here irritates me. 

2 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

Barnes, Okazaki & Ulloa as our CAM options then?

Would be pretty underwhelmed if we didn't strengthen this area. Ulloa is never a CAM in my opinion, too slow and clumsy - he is someone you could throw on against a parked bus. We need someone with a bit of pedigree and who can do the dirty work, while being able to pick a pass. This is unless Barnes can force his way into the starting 11.

20 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Ranieri tried to fvck him over and people hold a grudge against Leo for just trying to play football. Good on Shakey for bringing Leo back into the fold. That's how you manage your players.

:appl:

Dont forget there were plenty on here heavily criticizing Leo though.

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Might mean Slimani is not considered a favourite replacement for Vardy etc then?

Ulloa is more mobile than Slimani imo but genuinely see Slimani as a more potent threat on his day.

Slimani movement and mobility is far, far better than ulloas's. No comparison.

Irrespective of his actions in January, I cannot believe we are keeping Ulloa for his footballing ability. We look painful going forward when he's playing and the only reason he may have stood out against Atlético is because they were literally just camping in their own box allowing us to flood balls into him. 

Archived