Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DontSellMahrez

Ulloa - new contract?

Slimani's gone then! :fc:

Whilst I understand his comments in January and wasn't outraged one bit because I understood where he was coming from he perhaps should have phrased his comments abit better as in 'I will never play for Ranieri again' not 'I will never play for Leicester again'

TBF he had no choice if he's said 'I will never play for Ranieri again' because Ranieri would have picked him even if we had no strikers available! :giggle:

I don't understand why people had the arse with him for his comments tbh, do they not understand he simply wanted to play? When others were playing dogshit for one reason or another and he still wasn't given a chance? He was willing the leave for a paycut, he simply wanted to play, isn't that what we want to hear?!

Yes he threw his toys out the pram but for positive reasons.

Anyway, i'm glad, I like Leo and think he does a job for us.

8 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Shakespeare Out if that's the standard of signing.

You honestly believe that a man that is only contracted until the end of the season, has the power to sign a player until 2019?! Come on, use your head.

If he has resigned, CS will have had very little to do with it.

Don't understand the issue with Ulloa to be honest, whenever he's called upon he delivers or at the very least has an impact on the game. He helped turned the game around against Atletico to top it off. I'm not sure on the fall out between him & Ranieri but it was ultimately turbulent for all at the club.

He's not world class but in this system he works as a different option that always seems to have a positive impact when it's not quite going our way.

Strange one

No matter what was happening, he shouldn't have been stood outside the ground saying he'd never play for us again; business has to be dealt with internally. Over the last three years though he has become abit of a legend, he scores goals and wears the number 23 ect. He's still very adept at this level and is unique in what he does.

He has to repay the fans and clubs faith with performances

4 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Ranieri tried to fvck him over and people hold a grudge against Leo for just trying to play football. Good on Shakey for bringing Leo back into the fold. That's how you manage your players.

Agree but he's still employed by the club so it wasn't a wise thing to say. I do think Ulloa had a problem with Ranieri, and not the club itself though. 

Ulloa is still on his 2014 contract so he's on relatively low wages. So his new deal will keep him here. 

Guest CityFan 06
2 minutes ago, Koke said:

At least we can still sing my favourite player chant.

Oh his name is Leonardo...

Definitely the best we have for a player.

Guest CityFan 06

Surprised he's staying. I assume this means Slimani will probably move in the summer if this is the case. I'd be pleased to keep Ulloa, he's been key throughout his time here with the goals he's scored. Towards the end of the 2014/15 season he was particularly instrumental, netted a few good goals in our revival. Other teams will profit from having Slimani though assuming he does go, I still think he has pedigree in front of goal and in the penalty area.

Archived