Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Gylfi Sigurdsson

25 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

We only became weaker because of the manager. Change the manager and we became the inform side with the most points barring Spurs. If we had had shakespeare from the start we would have been a top 4 side easily. 

I'd love to agree, but that's a mighty big if. 

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

I reckon we have a reasonable chance of getting Gylfi to be honest. No idea on his contract at Swansea re release clauses etc...we'd be able to offer 100k a week which would blow anything they could offer out the water.

He had a tough time at Spurs where he was one of a number of so called 'star' players and he could suffer a similar problem at a team like Everton.

With us he'd be a guaranteed starter week in week out.

I also think Koeman is an unreliable manager. He's never lasted very long at any club he's been at. I think we've also surpassed Everton to be honest with our achievements in the last year and we should be looking to finish above them next season.

Gylfi would makes us better and would suit our style of play.

GERRIMIN !!!!!!!!

100k?! 60-70k maybe 80k top. But 100k is a bit excessive don't you think?

28 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Depends if you want him here.  Everton will pay him that. Of course there is also the more pressing question of Swansea staying up. If they go down then the fee will be depressed and there will more left over for salary/s-o fee. Should they stay up, the fee will need to be that bit higher and gylfi's package will suffer as a consequence. 

29 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Depends if you want him here.  Everton will pay him that. Of course there is also the more pressing question of Swansea staying up. If they go down then the fee will be depressed and there will more left over for salary/s-o fee. Should they stay up, the fee will need to be that bit higher and gylfi's package will suffer as a consequence. 

Andy Carroll is on £100k p/w at west ham

1 hour ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

You have to pay for quality and I'd rather pay an extra few grand on someone we know to be quality than waste it on players who never will be. 

14 hours ago, m4DD0gg said:

Its not hindsight at all. It was bloody obvious from the moment that trophy was lifted that we needed new blood.

Opportunities were there to buy these players and we would not pay. That has cost us big time this season.

"We would not pay"?? We broke our transfer record three times with Slimani, Musa and Mendy, pating over well over £50m for the trio. None of whom have performed this season. 

The problem wasn't that "we would not pay". The problem was that we had an uncharacteristically bad year for recruitment. 

2 hours ago, Bunyip said:

We only became weaker because of the manager. Change the manager and we became the inform side with the most points barring Spurs. If we had had shakespeare from the start we would have been a top 4 side easily. 

I have huge admiration for Shakespeare's work, but I can't see us top 4 with no Ndidi till the New Year, particularly in the period when DD was out and we were playing King and Amartey

7 hours ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Andy Carroll is on £100k p/w at west ham

Blimey that is one hell of an expensive Crocked Donkey.

3 hours ago, foxes21 said:

I can see him staying at Swansea if they stay up tbh. Clement will be trying to build something there & Sigurdsson clearly loves the club.

Hey Gylfi next season would you rather play in europe for a team with champions league ambitions, get a big fat pay rise or play for a club who will most likely be drawn into another relegation battle?

1 minute ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Everton offered Lukaku £140k p/w Hardley short of cash 

No granted they now have wealthy Owners. They obviously want to try and keep Lukaku but they've no chance with that offer.

The rest of their Squad are way behind us in Salaries so they may not wish to spend heavily on Gylfi. 

He's very happy in Swansea but it may come down to his personal ambition.

47 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

No granted they now have wealthy Owners. They obviously want to try and keep Lukaku but they've no chance with that offer.

The rest of their Squad are way behind us in Salaries so they may not wish to spend heavily on Gylfi. 

He's very happy in Swansea but it may come down to his personal ambition.

Their squad are behind us in terms of saleries? Last accounts they spent £27m more than us in wages.

19 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Bigger squad but they do pay decent salaries at goodison. Will be a few already in the 80/100k area.

Yes, They have a bigger squad alright but they're not paying as much as us based on this chart.

http://sportsmaza.com/football/everton-players-salaries-wages/

I think most would agree that Coleman is one of their best Players and he's just signed a new contract for 55 K a week.

12 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Yes, They have a bigger squad alright but they're not paying as much as us based on this chart.

I think most would agree that Coleman is one of their best Players and he's just signed a new contract for 55 K a week.

They offered Barkley £80k p/w and he's stalled it

23 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I'll say it again... they spend £27m more than us on the last accounts. You said their squad is behind us in terms of when it just isn't. We might pay a couple of people more than their top earner but their average wages are higher.

Look at what they pay their defenders alone, ours won't be anywhere near those figures.

Archived