Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Gylfi Sigurdsson

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Disagraceful how we dealt (or didn't more to the point) with transfers last summer.

Our strongest ever position, had most to offer and what did we do with it? Become weaker!!

We won the league by 10 points. Wholesale changes weren't necessary. We backed the players who achieved this with new deals. 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. 

Btw why is Okazaki finished at 60 minutes every game? Vardy and Albrighton work just as hard as Shinji and they finish games. Especially Vardy, unless it's for tactical reasons. 

Another plus Sigurdson will bring is he won't have ro be subbed after 60 mins every week 

23 minutes ago, Papasmurf said:

We won the league by 10 points. Wholesale changes weren't necessary. We backed the players who achieved this with new deals. 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. 

Its not hindsight at all. It was bloody obvious from the moment that trophy was lifted that we needed new blood.

Opportunities were there to buy these players and we would not pay. That has cost us big time this season.

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

Fine, how many times does it have to be repeated? I think we all know last summer was a mess.

Wasn't a mess at all. Our form before Claudio was very sadly sacked was a mess. 

We should have shown faith in the players that won the title not replaced them. 

1 minute ago, Papasmurf said:

Wasn't a mess at all. Our form before Claudio was very sadly sacked was a mess. 

We should have shown faith in the players that won the title not replaced them. 

If you don't try to add, you inevitably take away...

48 minutes ago, Koke said:

Btw why is Okazaki finished at 60 minutes every game? Vardy and Albrighton work just as hard as Shinji and they finish games. Especially Vardy, unless it's for tactical reasons. 

Another plus Sigurdson will bring is he won't have ro be subbed after 60 mins every week 

I actually disagree with "they work as hard as Shinji."

Nobody works as hard as Shinji. Shinji plays football like a thirteen year old boy plays FIFA Ultimate Team, holding the sprint button permanently.

Vardy will chase a lost cause, close down the keeper, then spend five minutes jogging or walking around the center circle waiting for the game to catch up with him.

The whole time Shinji is on the pitch he literally just sprints permanently after the ball like a dog chasing a toy. It's ridiculous.

Albrighton works hard but nowhere near as hard as Okazaki who covers an insane amount of mileage at his top speed all game.

22 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Nobody works as hard as Shinji. Shinji plays football like a thirteen year old boy plays FIFA Ultimate Team, holding the sprint button permanently.

Vardy will chase a lost cause, close down the keeper, then spend five minutes jogging or walking around the center circle waiting for the game to catch up with him.

The whole time Shinji is on the pitch he literally just sprints permanently after the ball like a dog chasing a toy. It's ridiculous.

Albrighton works hard but nowhere near as hard as Okazaki who covers an insane amount of mileage at his top speed all game.

This is what I wanted to say but i'm not as eloquent and couldn't be arsed

Interesting that Sigurdsson is top of the mileage charts - I wonder where his strike partner Llorente ends up in that list? Didn't he play a game a few weeks back where he completed 0 sprints? Giving hope to all of us who can't be arsed with running that we still yet might make it in the Premier League lol Maybe we can persuade Gylfi to join by telling him he won't be the only one putting in some effort up front if he joins us.

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

dk-composite-graphic-milerunner11.jpg?strip=all&w=750&quality=100

All of these are in the top 28 outfield players for minutes played (except Boyd at 46 - not bad for 31!). Would be interested to know the top 10 per 90 minutes.

7 hours ago, Koke said:

Different build for a start...read up on endomorfs and ectomorfs. Shinji has a muscular build and the other two are lean.  . 

1 hour ago, Thracian said:

Different build for a start...read up on endomorfs and ectomorfs. Shinji has a muscular build and the other two are lean.  . 

That's a very good point. I try not to get caught up in transfer fever, but getting GS feels like it could be a massive piece in the potential LCFC jigsaw.

18 hours ago, Lesteban said:

Yes, we need a CAM, and yes Siggy is superb at what he does, but is he really the right type of player for us?

He isn't exactly dynamic, fast-paced, or hard working. His quality, especially on dead balls, is unquestionable though. Just think we could find someone more suited to our style. We lose a huge amount of work and running by switching out Okazaki (who generally plays in that role for us now) and replacing him with Siggy. But then he brings other qualities that we lack. 

Other PL experienced CAMs that may be available include Barkley and Rooney... Not really sold on either. 

lollol you having a bad day yesterday?

So you slate siggy for not being able to do the Okazaki thing.

Then you point out Rooney maybe available? Wtf?

lollol 

11 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Completely agree mate. I've read a few books on LCFC last year and one of them "Fearless" is mainly an interview with the players. The players say Shinji is one of the most underated players in the team and one of the coaches (Think it was Steve Walsh) apparently said they signed him so Vardy could do less chasing down and more getting behind the defensive line with his speed.

I reckon we have a reasonable chance of getting Gylfi to be honest. No idea on his contract at Swansea re release clauses etc...we'd be able to offer 100k a week which would blow anything they could offer out the water.

He had a tough time at Spurs where he was one of a number of so called 'star' players and he could suffer a similar problem at a team like Everton.

With us he'd be a guaranteed starter week in week out.

I also think Koeman is an unreliable manager. He's never lasted very long at any club he's been at. I think we've also surpassed Everton to be honest with our achievements in the last year and we should be looking to finish above them next season.

Gylfi would makes us better and would suit our style of play.

GERRIMIN !!!!!!!!

13 hours ago, Matt said:

Disagraceful how we dealt (or didn't more to the point) with transfers last summer.

Our strongest ever position, had most to offer and what did we do with it? Become weaker!!

We only became weaker because of the manager. Change the manager and we became the inform side with the most points barring Spurs. If we had had shakespeare from the start we would have been a top 4 side easily. 

Archived