Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Gylfi Sigurdsson

16 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I'll say it again... they spend £27m more than us on the last accounts. You said their squad is behind us in terms of when it just isn't. We might pay a couple of people more than their top earner but their average wages are higher.

Look at what they pay their defenders alone, ours won't be anywhere near those figures.

I think we'll have to agree to disagree.I think the squad sizes might be distorting it but I'll say it again I believe our Senior Players are paid more than Everton. They have no-one on 100K at the moment. As for the Defenders yes they may pay one or two a little more but then look at the 2 Goalkeepers. Kasper is on much more. Plus their only offering Lukaku 90k Whereas Vardy and Mahrez are on 100K.

Like I say I think we'll have to just move on with this one. 

15 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

No granted they now have wealthy Owners. They obviously want to try and keep Lukaku but they've no chance with that offer.

The rest of their Squad are way behind us in Salaries so they may not wish to spend heavily on Gylfi. 

He's very happy in Swansea but it may come down to his personal ambition.

I just love it when people on here talk about other clubs and players like they actually know for a fact. We don't even know our own players exact wages. And you know for a fact he's happy in Swansea. Is he your brother?

14 hours ago, Babylon said:

Their squad are behind us in terms of saleries? Last accounts they spent £27m more than us in wages.

I'd believe published accounts over a sports web site any day.

22 hours ago, Nickfosse said:

I have huge admiration for Shakespeare's work, but I can't see us top 4 with no Ndidi till the New Year, particularly in the period when DD was out and we were playing King and Amartey

Yes see what you mean . but I was assuming if we had Shakespeare from the start he would have not bought the likes of Mendy or Musa or maybe even Slimani . He would have bought much better players that complement the existing side and probably not for such ridiculous fees either.   Added to that he would not have used such baffling tactics that Ranieri used and he would have played to our strengths  as he is doing now. Most of our dismal displays and losses this season have been down to bad management and not so much the players, the results since he was given the boot prove that

7 hours ago, Bunyip said:

Yes see what you mean . but I was assuming if we had Shakespeare from the start he would have not bought the likes of Mendy or Musa or maybe even Slimani . He would have bought much better players that complement the existing side and probably not for such ridiculous fees either.   Added to that he would not have used such baffling tactics that Ranieri used and he would have played to our strengths  as he is doing now. Most of our dismal displays and losses this season have been down to bad management and not so much the players, the results since he was given the boot prove that

Thats pure speculation on your part based on nothing at all.

Would love Sigurdsson here but unsure how to fit him in. Certainly couldn't work in usual formation.

Best in the hole and for that we'd have to play one up front I'd feel.

We'll probably sign him and play hin left midfield 

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

Thats pure speculation on your part based on nothing at all.

This whole site is based on speculation and hearsay and for the most part based on nothing at all , so whats new ? No one is allowed an opinion except you I presume . Aggressive one and no mistake.

16 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

ThShakespearele site is recruitment specul Shakespeare and hearsa y and for the most  part based on nothing at all , so whats new ? No one is allowed an opinion except you I presume . Aggressive one and no mistake.

But surely speculation has to be based on something? Why would Shakepeare have signed better players when we have a recruitment team who identify targets. Shakespeare hasnt signed anyone anyway so how do you he would sign better players?

If you think thats aggressive you need to get out more.

14 hours ago, sylofox said:

I just love it when people on here talk about other clubs and players like they actually know for a fact. We don't even know our own players exact wages. And you know for a fact he's happy in Swansea. Is he your brother?

I'd believe published accounts over a sports web site any day.

If you knew anything about accounts you'd know that they can be presented to show any situation.

Sigurdsson is exactly the type of player we should be trying to bring in.

He would be a cert for the starting XI and is probably is one of the best players that would sign for us. All I ask is if we're spending significant money that those players should be able to walk into the first team. Spending £60m on Slimani, Mendy and Musa last summer still sticks in the throat that so much was spent in what turned out to be improving the bench and not the first XI. If we're spending £10m+ on a player someone needs to answer for it if that player isn't good enough to replace a current first teamer.

55 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Sigurdsson is exactly the type of player we should be trying to bring in.

He would be a cert for the starting XI and is probably is one of the best players that would sign for us. All I ask is if we're spending significant money that those players should be able to walk into the first team. Spending £60m on Slimani, Mendy and Musa last summer still sticks in the throat that so much was spent in what turned out to be improving the bench and not the first XI. If we're spending £10m+ on a player someone needs to answer for it if that player isn't good enough to replace a current first teamer.

Did they improve the bench?

Just now, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Did they improve the bench?

It's certainly debatable.

Slimani did for sure but both Mendy (when fit) and Musa have even failed to make the bench on occasions.

I'd probably have Matty James ahead of Mendy on the bench next season and about five different players ahead of Musa.

11 minutes ago, Gerard said:

It's certainly debatable.

Slimani did for sure but both Mendy (when fit) and Musa have even failed to make the bench on occasions.

I'd probably have Matty James ahead of Mendy on the bench next season and about five different players ahead of Musa.

I'd have Schluup ahead of Musa is he was still here. Hopefully he gets better with time, if he's given it. 

12 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

would be very surprised to see him come to us. 

he could easily play for one of the top 4 teams and i feel he will want to test himself in Europe .   

None of the top 6 would touch him.

He's good but he already failed at Spurs so its unlikely a top side would come in for him. 

Wouldnt be a shock to see him at Newcastle.

18 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

He's good but he already failed at Spurs so its unlikely a top side would come in for him. 

He's about as safe a quality signing that we could realistically make.

The top six probably won't want him and probably only Everton are ahead of us in the queue. If we can convince him that we're a progressive club looking to improve rather than sell our top players we have a good chance of landing him. If the club can show him that we have Champions League qualification results for over two years apart from the Ranieri blip of 2016/17 and we're looking to add another couple of real quality players to go with him.

Sigurdsson is 27 years old and a totally British assimilated player who knows the league as well as anyone. He has covered the most ground out of any PL player this season and second in the assist table for a side that has been in the bottom three for most of the season. It's really a case of what's not to like? He'd get a lot of free kicks as well with Vardy and Mahrez in our team.

1 hour ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

He won't go Newcastle. Shelvey and Sigursson had a bit of beef between them and couldn't play together for some reason (playstyles or personalities) I'm not sure. 

46 minutes ago, Gerard said:

The top six probably won't want him and probably only Everton are ahead of us in the queue. If we can convince him that we're a progressive club looking to improve rather than sell our top players we have a good chance of landing him. If the club can show him that we have Champions League qualification results for over two years apart from the Ranieri blip of 2016/17 and we're looking to add another couple of real quality players to go with him.

Sigurdsson is 27 years old and a totally British assimilated player who knows the league as well as anyone. He has covered the most ground out of any PL player this season and second in the assist table for a side that has been in the bottom three for most of the season. It's really a case of what's not to like? He'd get a lot of free kicks as well with Vardy and Mahrez in our team.

Would be nice to have someone who can score a free kick rather than the pathetic attempts of Mahrez & Fuchs lol

57 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I dont think anyone wouldnt want to sign him.  I'm saying that there are probably 4 clubs that will be ahead of us for his signature.

Personally I doubt our CL run or the fact we won the title will have any bearing at all as to whether anyone will join us.

It'll come down to the manager in charge and the money on the table and in a straight shootout on that basis, I fear we'll come up short.

Now that's not to say we wont have a good window.  I can see us signing players that will improve us but I'm not convinced we'll get anyone quite on the Sigurdsson level yet.

7 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

I dont think anyone wouldnt want to sign him.  I'm saying that there are probably 4 clubs that will be ahead of us for his signature.

Personally I doubt our CL run or the fact we won the title will have any bearing at all as to whether anyone will join us.

It'll come down to the manager in charge and the money on the table and in a straight shootout on that basis, I fear we'll come up short.

Now that's not to say we wont have a good window.  I can see us signing players that will improve us but I'm not convinced we'll get anyone quite on the Sigurdsson level yet.

I certainly don't think Newcastle are ahead of us, we'll have a bigger budget and pay higher wages with a far superior playing squad.

Southampton behind us as well and maybe West Ham on par.

Everton will probably be in front of us but not so much that it's a no brainer.

42 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I certainly don't think Newcastle are ahead of us, we'll have a bigger budget and pay higher wages with a far superior playing squad.

Southampton behind us as well and maybe West Ham on par.

Everton will probably be in front of us but not so much that it's a no brainer.

West Ham have Lanzini (their best player) who plays in his position. They don't need Gylfi or be able to playing him in his favourite position.

Archived