Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Gylfi Sigurdsson

4 hours ago, Gerard said:

There is everything to suggest we have a good chance of top 7. 

What on earth is there to suggest that Newcastle can finish higher than us?

Benitez has managed big clubs but has failed or had limited success at most of them, his CV is no better than Ranieri's. This isn't Ancelotti, Mourinho or Pep we're talking about, no one will be falling over themselves to be managed by Benitez. I think you're giving them far too much credit.

2 La Liga titles, Uefa Cup, Champions League and Europa League doesnt read failure or limited success.

I didnt include Newcastle in the 7 that would finish above us.  All i'm saying is that with their stadium, fanbase and high profile manager, they would definitely be an attractive prospect to any player.

1 hour ago, MPH said:

We'd have the player ( ndidi ) to allow him to push forward a bit more aswell....

It's a no brainer...A perfect fit for our attacking options.

if it's £25m...Then pay it..Can not beat proven premiership class

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Albrighton vs Everton

Amazing how I completely forgot about that lol

In 3 years we've scored 

Knockaert v Sheffield Wednesday 

Mahrez v Brugge 

Akbrighton v Everton 

I wonder where our free kick conversion rates stand compared to other teams.

DIRECT FREE KICK ARTICLE

You might find that article an interesting read from last year. 

Messi - 7.8%

Ronaldo - 8.5%

Payet - 6.3%

Bale - 3.6%

Im pretty sure I read an article some where that has Sigurdsson at around 12%. His conversion rate percentage had him behind Toure, Erickson, Mata from the PL but loads across Europe, half of which Id never heard of. Pjanic topped the list.

On ‎15‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 00:32, Clever Fox said:

If you knew anything about accounts you'd know that they can be presented to show any situation.

We'll if your right good luck to everton. I do believe falsifying accounts is an offence with the tax man and also the premier league. But hey I know nothing your obviously right. So anyway would you care to divulge your source of information on everton's and our wage bill.

10 hours ago, Paddy. said:

True although that's a actually a major draw for them. Newcastle is a cracking city for those who can accept that there's life outside of London. If Newcastle could get it together they could be huge. Massively underachieving club. 

Anyone that has spent time in Newcastle, I think can appreciate just how much they've under achieved. The stadium itself is extreamly impressive and has a sense of awe around it, one that you don't really get a the King Power. 

Its very much a forward thinking city and removing my blue tinted glasses, just because we won the league last season and made the the QF of the Champions League, this bears no real significance to how we'll do next season. That ship has sailed and we missed our chance to capitalise upon it. Nothing to say that we won't go the way of Leeds or Blackburn long term. 

in relation to Everton, I think they're building a solid team / squad. Lukaku is a major plus and they're basically being bank rolled into a consistent top 6 team. Can't say I'm a fan of the city though! Just personnel preference really. Koeman comes across as astute and forward thinking. He carries that big feel name about him. 

If the same terms were on the table, I'd choose Everton / Newcastle over Leicester. Rafa has accomplished a lot and has stabilised the ship at the toon. He's a major draw for them. Whereas Shakespear has been a number #2 for so long, despite his achievements post Claudio, it just doesn't have the same draw. 

Based upon our post Walsh recruitment policy, I'd be willing to place a bet on both finishing above us, should we lose Mahrez and Schemical. 

44 minutes ago, Sly said:

Anyone that has spent time in Newcastle, I think can appreciate just how much they've under achieved. The stadium itself is extreamly impressive and has a sense of awe around it, one that you don't really get a the King Power. 

Its very much a forward thinking city and removing my blue tinted glasses, just because we won the league last season and made the the QF of the Champions League, this bears no real significance to how we'll do next season. That ship has sailed and we missed our chance to capitalise upon it. Nothing to say that we won't go the way of Leeds or Blackburn long term. 

in relation to Everton, I think they're building a solid team / squad. Lukaku is a major plus and they're basically being bank rolled into a consistent top 6 team. Can't say I'm a fan of the city though! Just personnel preference really. Koeman comes across as astute and forward thinking. He carries that big feel name about him. 

If the same terms were on the table, I'd choose Everton / Newcastle over Leicester. Rafa has accomplished a lot and has stabilised the ship at the toon. He's a major draw for them. Whereas Shakespear has been a number #2 for so long, despite his achievements post Claudio, it just doesn't have the same draw. 

Based upon our post Walsh recruitment policy, I'd be willing to place a bet on both finishing above us, should we lose Mahrez and Schemical. 

You do realise Newcastle is actually a smaller city than Leicester ?

1 hour ago, Bunyip said:

You do realise Newcastle is actually a smaller city than Leicester ?

That's very misleading as in reality the Newcastle urban area is some 800,000 compred to Leicesters 450,000.

Saying that i think we are a bigger draw at the moment due to our title win.And even more so if we can convince players that the end of season form can continue next season.

11 hours ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

2 La Liga titles, Uefa Cup, Champions League and Europa League doesnt read failure or limited success.

I didnt include Newcastle in the 7 that would finish above us.  All i'm saying is that with their stadium, fanbase and high profile manager, they would definitely be an attractive prospect to any player.

And still ended up signing for an average PL club in a relegation battle.

Just look at their team, their star players are Dwight Gayle, Jonjo Shelvey and Matt Ritchie. I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say they haven't got one player who would get in our team.

You're giving them far too much credit for being a big club. They're not, outside their big attendances their realistic aspirations are 7th place just like most teams in this division. If a player had the option of first team football at either Leicester or Newcastle this summer it's a no brainer providing everything else was equal. If a player wants to win a trophy, play in Europe or not get relegated Leicester are a far better bet at this moment in time.

I'm gobsmacked at any Leicester fan that would mock Newcastle for signing Gayle, Ritchie and Shelvey.

They fobbed off all their show pony big name foreign signings and got to work bringing in grafters to get them out the division, sound like anyone else?

How you can sneer at their squad when we took Albrighton, Morgan and Simpson and made them premier league winners is beyond me.

I think they've invested really sensibly over the last year and I think they'll do alright when they come up.

18 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'm gobsmacked at any Leicester fan that would mock Newcastle for signing Gayle, Ritchie and Shelvey.

They fobbed off all their show pony big name foreign signings and got to work bringing in grafters to get them out the division, sound like anyone else?

How you can sneer at their squad when we took Albrighton, Morgan and Simpson and made them premier league winners is beyond me.

I think they've invested really sensibly over the last year and I think they'll do alright when they come up.

They may have invested sensibly but they still tried to collect players like they were going out of fashion last season. They were fortunate in the fact that Benitez is a very good manager and they still had a nucleus of players that would function fabulously in the championship. I think they'll have a decent season next year and Rafa will spend big as well.

27 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Read my post properly, you've obviously just scanned it and made an assumption. I'm not sneering just making a point that Newcastle probably don't have a player who would get in our team.

Newcastle are being made to be sound like they're Liverpool who have just got promoted. Their natural level is 7th-10th, they're nothing special as club.

I'd be very surprised if any player chose them over us this season all things being equal.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

They may have invested sensibly but they still tried to collect players like they were going out of fashion last season. They were fortunate in the fact that Benitez is a very good manager and they still had a nucleus of players that would function fabulously in the championship. I think they'll have a decent season next year and Rafa will spend big as well.

Their transfer budget and wage maximum will be no bigger than ours. 

Newcastle's ambitions this season will be to stay up and mid table will be seen as a great success. Mid table will be seen as a poor to average season for us.

6 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Read my post properly, you've obviously just scanned it and made an assumption. I'm not sneering just making a point that Newcastle probably don't have a player who would get in our team.

Newcastle are being made to be sound like they're Liverpool who have just got promoted. Their natural level is 7th-10th, they're nothing special as club.

I'd be very surprised if any player chose them over us this season all things being equal.

I read it.

I saw the same arrogance we got from Sunderland fans who said none of our players would get in their team.

Archived