Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Gylfi Sigurdsson

2 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Benitez led Newcastle is a much more attractive prospect for players than Shakespeare led Leicester. Benitez is a top class manager.

Don't agree at all. But doubtless we'll see.  

32 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Oh course. I'm not suggesting they're better in the market than we are.

I'm just saying that saying their players are crap and wouldn't get in our team is ridiculous.

We don't know how their players would function in our team, it might turn out that Gayle would be a great addition to our squad and would score stacks.

He might be brilliant for the Toon next year.

Gerard is writing him off in the same way that the rest of the country would have dismissed Jamie Vardy as not being good enough for their teams until he stepped it up last season.

I'm not writing him off at all. My point is we're still way ahead of Newcastle for any prospective player at this moment in time. We have players who have succeeded at the highest level in English football and they haven't. A player would have to be a fool to choose them over us this summer for just footballing reasons.

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

I'd probably agree with that, sure, but it's not what you said (or at least, all you said) above.

I haven't been derogatory towards their players, I just stated that their players quality is well below ours and Sigurdsson would surely rather play with players like Mahrez, Vardy, Schmeichel, etc than Gayle, Ritchie and Darlow.

I'm starting to find Newcastle fans a little baffling atm tbh

They scraped the league, performed pretty poor all season and managed to get promoted based on everybody else being even worse

Now their promoted, they think they are going to attract 30 million marquee signings and comfortable stay up no problem

I know they've only been in the championship a year but they seem to have completely lost the plot in terms of how difficult the premiership is, their current squad would get beaten by Sunderland lets put it that way

1 hour ago, MrSpaM said:

I'm starting to find Newcastle fans a little baffling atm tbh

They scraped the league, performed pretty poor all season and managed to get promoted based on everybody else being even worse

Now their promoted, they think they are going to attract 30 million marquee signings and comfortable stay up no problem

I know they've only been in the championship a year but they seem to have completely lost the plot in terms of how difficult the premiership is, their current squad would get beaten by Sunderland lets put it that way

Their current squad would get relegated

On 5/16/2017 at 04:22, sylofox said:

We'll if your right good luck to everton. I do believe falsifying accounts is an offence with the tax man and also the premier league. But hey I know nothing your obviously right. So anyway would you care to divulge your source of information on everton's and our wage bill.

No-one suggested anything to do with false accounting. Clubs can have a vested interest in concealing certain facts and info from others.

As to the source, I'm not saying the article is 100% accurate, But I'd believe a journalist who goes to the trouble of gathering such information over accounts.

Simply because the journalist has no reason to hide anything.

I do as it happens have a source of info from Everton, And he has confirmed that a few salaries he knows about are correct as printed in the report.

At the end of the day it makes no difference to you or I. So let's just leave it at that and move on. We have a game tomorrow night.

What frustrates me (and I know it's a simplistic view) is that if we got this done early, for an acceptable price to both parties, say £35m, it would send out a hell of a message of intent for us, for next season. It would even affect the mindset of those players which are considering leaving.

shame it won't happen like that!

On Friday, May 12, 2017 at 05:57, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Premier League club in spending lots of money shocker. Where in that article is there any kind of solid evidence that we are after either of them? Absolute non story on the names mentioned.

Would you rather us not spend any money and not progress? We seriously need to be looking at shelling out around  £100m on 4-5 new signings if we want to be fighting for top 6. 

1 hour ago, jayfox26 said:

Would you rather us not spend any money and not progress? We seriously need to be looking at shelling out around  £100m on 4-5 new signings if we want to be fighting for top 6. 

I'd say we need to spend that much to be about where we are now next season, some Leicester fans vastly overrate some of the regular starters

2 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Did I say that? I enquired where exactly it says we were after him. It doesn't.  Would I like him here of course.

35 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Don't need Glyfi when we've got Harvey Barnes. Imagine if we really do have a wonderkid? It would be nice, we usually produce dross.

My personal opinion is we send Barnes out on loan to a good championship side who play good attacking football next year. Do exactly what we have done with Lawrence don't rush the kid... N hopefully like Lawrence he should be pushing for a place for the first team now.

On 2017-5-16 at 13:57, Gerard said:

I haven't been derogatory towards their players, I just stated that their players quality is well below ours and Sigurdsson would surely rather play with players like Mahrez, Vardy, Schmeichel, etc than Gayle, Ritchie and Darlow.

Thats if we still have players like Mahrez , Vardy , or Schmeichel  come next season.

Wouldn't be so quick to write ourselves off getting this guy. Think we're currently a better prospect than Southampton and West Ham, it's only really Everton in that mid-to-good bracket of teams that he might fancy instead of us. But even that could change if Lukaku and Barkley go

Archived