Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Gylfi Sigurdsson

19 hours ago, Webbo said:

But surely speculation has to be based on something? Why would Shakepeare have signed better players when we have a recruitment team who identify targets. Shakespeare hasnt signed anyone anyway so how do you he would sign better players?

If you think thats aggressive you need to get out more.

So you are now engaging in speculation yourself ? the irony of it all , though I suspect that would be lost on you eh ?

3 hours ago, Gerard said:

I certainly don't think Newcastle are ahead of us, we'll have a bigger budget and pay higher wages with a far superior playing squad.

Southampton behind us as well and maybe West Ham on par.

Everton will probably be in front of us but not so much that it's a no brainer.

Newcastle with Beneitez in charge would be an attractive prospect for many players as its a forward looking project.

We, on the other hand are in danger of losing players, so to prospective signing it may feel like we're going the wrong way.

Everton's relative proximity to Swansea is no doubt a bonus for their attempts. 

Edit: ignore this bit, I always get the position of Swansea and Wrexham mixed up for some strange reason!

28 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

So you are now engaging in speculation yourself ? the irony of it all , though I suspect that would be lost on you eh ?

Because he's assistant manager and that's not his job. Unless you have proof or information showing otherwise, we'll continue to use what we know to make a judgement. That Walsh and the recruitment team were in charge of that and not him. Even as manager this season he'd only been in one recruitment meeting and he admitted that.

4 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Newcastle with Beneitez in charge would be an attractive prospect for many players as its a forward looking project.

We, on the other hand are in danger of losing players, so to prospective signing it may feel like we're going the wrong way.

Everton's relative proximity to Swansea is no doubt a bonus for their attempts. 

Liverpool is about 10 miles closer to Swansea than Leicester. :blink:

Newcastle are undoubtedly behind us, they have £70m to spend which is relative pocket change. We would be favourites to sign a player if the terms were the same.

21 hours ago, peterborofox said:

Would love Sigurdsson here but unsure how to fit him in. Certainly couldn't work in usual formation.

Best in the hole and for that we'd have to play one up front I'd feel.

We'll probably sign him and play hin left midfield 

Probably in place of Okazaki

Sigurdsson has been the most obvious signing we need.

cant believe folks are wondering where he would play.

The guy is class...assists, goals and work rate with it. The missing link that we have been crying out for from midfield to attack

He's exactly what we need. A few of us on here have been shouting for him for a while now.

Him and Vardy up top would smash it. Shakey can see the obvious too.

We will need some serious negotiation to sell the City project to him though.

44 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Liverpool is about 10 miles closer to Swansea than Leicester. :blink:

Newcastle are undoubtedly behind us, they have £70m to spend which is relative pocket change. We would be favourites to sign a player if the terms were the same.

It came down to a choice between signing for us or Newcastle, I think we'd lose out.

1 hour ago, Bunyip said:

In what way is that speculation?

9 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

It came down to a choice between signing for us or Newcastle, I think we'd lose out.

Assuming terms are the same and there is no bias I don't agree.

Newcastle have undoubtedly an inferior squad and they don't have a bigger transfer budget than us, there's every reason to assume they'll be mid table at best over the next few years.

We have superior players and won a title and QF of the Champions League. A player could be persuaded that top 7 is our level if they seen our results over the last two years and we convinced them the main reason we struggled for large parts this season was the incompetence of Ranieri. Take away the Ranieri results of 2016/17 and we have performed like a Champions League qualifying team.

Leicester are a much better bet for success over the next 2-3 years.

9 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

What is the project?

Come and play for us, and be part of the next chapter in an incredible sporting story, that sees the plucky under dog continue to upset the apple cart

......and we'll pay you a small fortune 

27 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Assuming terms are the same and there is no bias I don't agree.

Newcastle have undoubtedly an inferior squad and they don't have a bigger transfer budget than us, there's every reason to assume they'll be mid table at best over the next few years.

We have superior players and won a title and QF of the Champions League. A player could be persuaded that top 7 is our level if they seen our results over the last two years and we convinced them the main reason we struggled for large parts this season was the incompetence of Ranieri. Take away the Ranieri results of 2016/17 and we have performed like a Champions League qualifying team.

Leicester are a much better bet for success over the next 2-3 years.

I like the optimism but there is absolutely nothing to suggest that we can make 7th.

Man City

Man Utd

Chelsea

Liverpool

Spurs

Arsenal

Everton

Thats the top 7 (not in any order).

Its pot luck and how fixtures fall if we, Southampton, West Brom, Stoke, West Ham finish 8th.

Newcastle have Benitez and thats a huge factor.

2 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

I like the optimism but there is absolutely nothing to suggest that we can make 7th.

Man City

Man Utd

Chelsea

Liverpool

Spurs

Arsenal

Everton

Its pot luck and how fixtures fall if we, Southampton, West Brom, Stoke, West Ham finish 8th.

If Everton lose Lukaku, that's 40% of their goals. Also, Everton will have to play alot more games than us as we will just have one per week. If we have a good summer, we could

vet 7th, if not we could be anywhere between 7th and 20th. 

3 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Man City

Man Utd

Chelsea

Liverpool

Spurs

Arsenal

Everton

There is everything to suggest we have a good chance of top 7. 

What on earth is there to suggest that Newcastle can finish higher than us?

Benitez has managed big clubs but has failed or had limited success at most of them, his CV is no better than Ranieri's. This isn't Ancelotti, Mourinho or Pep we're talking about, no one will be falling over themselves to be managed by Benitez. I think you're giving them far too much credit.

4 hours ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Would be nice to have someone who can score a free kick rather than the pathetic attempts of Mahrez & Fuchs lol

We've scored 1 free kick in THREE years. 

Our free kick conversation rate is pathetic.

Newcastle are a basket case of a club. I think we have a pretty good reputation for being a well run club where players generally improve. I think most players would choose us over Newcastle, they've been all over the place since Ashley ripped the soul out of the club.

2 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Newcastle are a basket case of a club. I think we have a pretty good reputation for being a well run club where players generally improve. I think most players would choose us over Newcastle, they've been all over the place since Ashley ripped the soul out of the club.

And are know where near London 

5 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

And are know where near London 

True although that's a actually a major draw for them. Newcastle is a cracking city for those who can accept that there's life outside of London. If Newcastle could get it together they could be huge. Massively underachieving club. 

4 hours ago, Rigga said:

Sigurdsson has been the most obvious signing we need.

cant believe folks are wondering where he would play.

The guy is class...assists, goals and work rate with it. The missing link that we have been crying out for from midfield to attack

We'd have the player ( ndidi ) to allow him to push forward a bit more aswell....

Archived