Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

FIFA 18

just sold ter stegan and bough PTG hazard for 17k. did the tradeable PTG SBC and bagged Goretzka, selling for 200k plus right now, so sell now or keep? think i might be able to use him in place of casemiro. But 200 k is 200k more towards an icon

Edited by Beliall

28 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

It’s crazy how better this futbirthday card is stat wise compared to his sif which is also an 86 rated card lol 

Ratings do not mean a thing. 

Vardy is a 79 in game but rating is 81.

57 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Ratings do not mean a thing. 

Vardy is a 79 in game but rating is 81.

When it’s the exact same player with the exact same rating they should be roughly on par though surely ie If alessandrini and if Munier have the same rated cards and pretty much the same stats as their fellow Futmas cards

1 hour ago, Beliall said:

just sold ter stegan and bough PTG hazard for 17k. did the tradeable PTG SBC and bagged Goretzka, selling for 200k plus right now, so sell now or keep? think i might be able to use him in place of casemiro. But 200 k is 200k more towards an icon

He’s superb I’d keep him, up until his ptg card/the sbc came along he was between 250/300k

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

When it’s the exact same player with the exact same rating they should be roughly on par though surely ie If alessandrini and if Munier have the same rated cards and pretty much the same stats as their fellow Futmas cards

There's a website that explains it better and shows you what plus or minus rating they have on their card.

3 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

He’s superb I’d keep him, up until his ptg card/the sbc came along he was between 250/300k

lol i stuck him up for 175k start 199k BIN.. its what hes going for and i saw a OTW James i want. but if he doesn't sell i will give him a go.. the fact the chem s a bit screwy in my team with him in swayed my decision to sell, because i cant be ****ed to look for more defenders right now, but he does look a good card

8 minutes ago, Beliall said:

lol i stuck him up for 175k start 199k BIN.. its what hes going for and i saw a OTW James i want. but if he doesn't sell i will give him a go.. the fact the chem s a bit screwy in my team with him in swayed my decision to sell, because i cant be ****ed to look for more defenders right now, but he does look a good card

Oh my, you shouldn't have sold him.  I play the reg one as my CDM with Anchor, and boy is he awesome. At a minimum buy the reg one for that.  

Echo all other's thoughts on Fahrmann and SIF Naldo, also check out the IF Tah as a cheaper option. I always play 2 up top as I think Raffael is a better SS (PES term which I know you know!) and a great link up guy who bags goals but not as a the main dude.

Also, if you are getting exposed at the back, set your full backs to stay back, and check your aggression to see how far up the pitch your team is pushing. Mine's on 33 or something like that.  I couple that with 67 pressure (highest press) so that, much like when we won the league, it's a 3/4 or half court press vs a full gegenpress  

5 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

Oh my, you shouldn't have sold him.  I play the reg one as my CDM with Anchor, and boy is he awesome. At a minimum buy the reg one for that.  

Echo all other's thoughts on Fahrmann and SIF Naldo, also check out the IF Tah as a cheaper option. I always play 2 up top as I think Raffael is a better SS (PES term which I know you know!) and a great link up guy who bags goals but not as a the main dude.

Also, if you are getting exposed at the back, set your full backs to stay back, and check your aggression to see how far up the pitch your team is pushing. Mine's on 33 or something like that.  I couple that with 67 pressure (highest press) so that, much like when we won the league, it's a 3/4 or half court press vs a full gegenpress  

thanks houston. i have never wanted an auction to end so quickly, 10 mins left and no bids yet. what formation do you use, i used to have 352 as i like 2 up top as well but went 451 for the WL tourney, trying to get a better defence.

4 hours ago, Ashley said:

Set striker to stay central get behind press back line.

Wingers to stay wide come back on defensive and you'll be able snuff out opposition attacks easily. Then counter.

tried a few games online, rellly liking the wingers staying wide and defensively much better, thank you

4 hours ago, Beliall said:

thanks houston. i have never wanted an auction to end so quickly, 10 mins left and no bids yet. what formation do you use, i used to have 352 as i like 2 up top as well but went 451 for the WL tourney, trying to get a better defence.

Did he sell?

Formation:

I use 41412(2)

• STs (depending on who) set to get in behind (if fast) and press back line.  Raffael is better to keep as balanced when I play him in a two.  He's paired with SIF Werner.  Both have Hunter.  Raffael is amazing if you run and then come to a dead stop with him. Curlers from outside the box are also awesome, as are him being lethal inside
  • CAM set to Free Roam and Stay Forward
  • CDM to Stay back
  • CMs to balanced
  • All back line set to Stay back

I have style as short but quick and risky passing

1 minute ago, HoustonFox said:

Did he sell?

Formation:

I use 41412(2)

• STs (depending on who) set to get in behind (if fast) and press back line.  Raffael is better to keep as balanced when I play him in a two.  He's paired with SIF Werner.  Both have Hunter.  Raffael is amazing if you run and then come to a dead stop with him. Curlers from outside the box are also awesome, as are him being lethal inside
  • CAM set to Free Roam and Stay Forward
  • CDM to Stay back
  • CMs to balanced
  • All back line set to Stay back

I have style as short but quick and risky passing

no he didnt sell and im glad because hes been pretty good so far. even though i still cant win in div 6 ffs. that formation wouldn't work for me, would leave robben out and i just got him after saving for ages, but i am keen to try aa new formation of some kind but not sure what. at some point i just got to get better at this and stop tweaking

2 minutes ago, Beliall said:

no he didnt sell and im glad because hes been pretty good so far. even though i still cant win in div 6 ffs. that formation wouldn't work for me, would leave robben out and i just got him after saving for ages, but i am keen to try aa new formation of some kind but not sure what. at some point i just got to get better at this and stop tweaking

Robben overrated and too weak in my opinion so I got rid of him, it's about the TEAM man vs the player ;) 

You could always be one of those a-holes that starts for chem and then pauses one min in to go to a more effective formation.  He could be your right ST

4 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

Robben overrated and too weak in my opinion so I got rid of him, it's about the TEAM man vs the player ;) 

You could always be one of those a-holes that starts for chem and then pauses one min in to go to a more effective formation.  He could be your right ST

i hate those nobs lol. i know what you mean about robben, but i diidnt buy him because i like him, i bought him because hes better than coman who was playing there previously

3 hours ago, brookfox said:

Why are you selling them now out of interest?

Paddy Day hasn't gone as to play as previous years.

Anyway after tax I finished in profit.

Edited by Ashley
  • Like 2