Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxoffderby

Mendy

3 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Exactly, no one was an improvement on what we had which is why we played pretty much  the same players plus Ndidi... we would be lucky the recoup a third of what we signed those players for!

you perhaps need to rethink that valuation.

As it seems we could make about a million on Musa. That's also very close to your one third.

11 minutes ago, sylofox said:

you perhaps need to rethink that valuation.

As it seems we could make about a million on Musa. That's also very close to your one third.

I can't believe anyone would pay that sort of money for Musa after last season. If someone offered 10 mill for him I would snatch their hand off. I still think a loan deal is probably the best chance of offloading him next season.

1 minute ago, CyprusFox said:

I can't believe anyone would pay that sort of money for Musa after last season. If someone offered 10 mill for him I would snatch their hand off. I still think a loan deal is probably the best chance of offloading him next season.

I have said it's rumour.

2 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

We need to give Mendy a chance. He came here very highly rated but has been injured pretty much the whole time he's been here.

Not sure he suits the way we play. I remember someone saying Nice used to pass teams to 'death'. That's just not us. We need Athletic central midfielders. If we changed to 4-3-3 or 4-1-2-1-2 then he could play as a DM but I'm not sure he will be able to play the box to box role we need in a CM.

5 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Not sure he suits the way we play. I remember someone saying Nice used to pass teams to 'death'. That's just not us. We need Athletic central midfielders. If we changed to 4-3-3 or 4-1-2-1-2 then he could play as a DM but I'm not sure he will be able to play the box to box role we need in a CM.

Don't see him as a starter, more as a sub to help protect a lead. I think he could be a useful squad player

1 minute ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Drinkwater, Ndidi, James, Mendy, King. Not sure we need 5 CMs, who would you sell? 

For me personally, unpopular as it is. King is not premier league quality

6 minutes ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

King is championship level.

King has improved, and doesn't give the ball away, but that's normally down to taking little risk. He will stay at the club, but is only backup. I agree, top half Championship club, but can't help but like him... Never whinges/sulks online and always back the team, whether he's playing or not.

8 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Drinkwater, Ndidi, James, Mendy, King. Not sure we need 5 CMs, who would you sell? 

I'd let King and Mendy go. Then from our remaining players I'd line up in m/f  with Chilwell Lawrence NDiddi Albrighton   That would be a decently strong midfield both defensively and going forward.

Then we'd have DD and James as back up plus Barnes etc. If we do sign Gylfi then that will make us even better.

2 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I'd let King and Mendy go. Then from our remaining players I'd line up in m/f  with Chilwell Lawrence NDiddi Albrighton   That would be a decently strong midfield both defensively and going forward.

Then we'd have DD and James as back up plus Barnes etc. If we do sign Gylfi then that will make us even better.

I think Mendy will have clubs from France wanting him, but King? I assume he's on £40k p/w, maybe more. He may just be happy sitting on the bench earning his pay. 

12 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

I think Mendy will have clubs from France wanting him, but King? I assume he's on £40k p/w, maybe more. He may just be happy sitting on the bench earning his pay. 

Yes both situations very likely. But I think Shakey has to show his leadership here, Sit King down for a good chat and let him know he should look for a move elsewhere. There's nothing to stop him coming back after his career is over as a Coach or groomed to take over from the Birch. 

29 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

King is a great squad player and loves the club.  He is the perfect player to bring in when he have injuries.  James was half decent in the Championship but I've no idea if he Premiership standard and Barnes needs a season on loan to a Championship club.

Drinkwater, N'Didi,and a new transfer that puts pressure on both of those (ideally better) with King or Mendy as back-up.

I am looking forward to seeing Gray, Chillwell and Lawrenceall  progress next season.  Ndidi is also a young lad.

22 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Yes both situations very likely. But I think Shakey has to show his leadership here, Sit King down for a good chat and let him know he should look for a move elsewhere. There's nothing to stop him coming back after his career is over as a Coach or groomed to take over from the Birch. 

But what if a club comes in for him & offers him £25k p/w. But he's already on £40k p/w at Leicester and says I'm happy here to be a squad player.. Then what?

Yes we know he's a good Clubman but here's the reality. Any player who is not good enough to start is not good enough to bring in for injuries.

The Club has moved on it's time for King to do the same. He's clearly not going to hold down a regular place.

James was our one Premiership player when we were in the Championship. He won't have lost his Footballing Brain the only question is if he's lost any pace. But we won't know until he get's games. My guess is he'll be ok and keep DD out of the Team if given a few games.

I think Chilwell, NDiddi , Lawrence, Gray, Barnes and even Kaputska looks very good for us for years to come. Ndidi aside the choice is to continue to nurse them for another year or to blood them now.

12 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

But what if a club comes in for him & offers him £25k p/w. But he's already on £40k p/w at Leicester and says I'm happy here to be a squad player.. Then what?

Then you do a deal on the balance of his Contract and say bye bye. It happens all the time, especially when new Managers come into Clubs.

11 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Yes we know he's a good Clubman but here's the reality. Any player who is not good enough to start is not good enough to bring in for injuries.

The Club has moved on it's time for King to do the same. He's clearly not going to hold down a regular place.

James was our one Premiership player when we were in the Championship. He won't have lost his Footballing Brain the only question is if he's lost any pace. But we won't know until he get's games. My guess is he'll be ok and keep DD out of the Team if given a few games.

I think Chilwell, NDiddi , Lawrence, Gray, Barnes and even Kaputska looks very good for us for years to come. Ndidi aside the choice is to continue to nurse them for another year or to blood them now.

In King's defence every club needs a few players who are seasoned pros but are relatively happy to not start every week.

Archived