Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxoffderby

Mendy

Bizarre how people want him out. If we signed a starring CM from a top 4 French side now we'd be all over the place delighted. But this guy spends a year injured and so is deemed not good enough. Ridiculous. King and James it is! 

14 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

I always felt Mendy was CR's love child, it just feels right that the son has gone back to his daddy.  Thats the least the club can do for CR.....

Are we sure he was Ranieri's signing? Don't we also think that about Ndidi? The fact Ranieri is allegedly trying to get him back is a point in that direction I guess.

10 minutes ago, Worthington said:

Bordeaux on a season's loan....According to Mendy!

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-midfielder-obsessed-idea-france-transfer-agent-everything-get-deal-done/

He said: “Since my agent told me about the possibility to join Bordeaux, I’ve been fixated on that. If I return to France, it’ll be Bordeaux or nothing. I’m now hoping to join Les Girondins quickly. It’s even an obsession.”

14 hours ago, sdb said:

Bizarre how people want him out. If we signed a starring CM from a top 4 French side now we'd be all over the place delighted. But this guy spends a year injured and so is deemed not good enough. Ridiculous. King and James it is! 

He's inflicted with the "new player" disease where by they get slated almost no matter what... except Kapustka, who gets bummed to high heaven for some reason.

Kapi is a young lad who has bags of potential and has not yet had a fair chance. 

Mendy also has has not had the time robbed in and prove himself due to injuries. 

I would keep them them both and possibly loan them out. 

1 hour ago, crisp packet said:

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-midfielder-obsessed-idea-france-transfer-agent-everything-get-deal-done/

He said: “Since my agent told me about the possibility to join Bordeaux, I’ve been fixated on that. If I return to France, it’ll be Bordeaux or nothing. I’m now hoping to join Les Girondins quickly. It’s even an obsession.”

To be fair I'm pretty obsessed with Bordeaux as well, although I always lean to the east rather than the west bank. At Emillion every time.

Mendy is a good player for a possession based team, he's not suited to our fast counter attacking style, which isn't his fault. I bet Steve Walsh wasn't too enamoured with CR when he signed him . Best of luck to him, Ligue 1 you have more time on the ball,  which will bring out he best in him. 

1 hour ago, crisp packet said:

Bye then

5 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

To be fair I'm pretty obsessed with Bordeaux as well, although I always lean to the east rather than the west bank. At Emillion every time.

I'm a St Estephe man myself - Cos d'estournel :thumbup:

Let's face it, who on earth is going to buy the player from us until he has played half a season with no issues. 

We either keep him here (but he may not get game time to prove his fitness) or we let him go on loan where he will. 

Then we can sell him or keep him but I'm certain he won't be able to be sold this window

All well and good shipping out, but some traffic the other way would be most welcome..  Shipped out Hernandez without replacing first.  If it is a loan, I bet they are not going to fund all of his wages.. This does not appear good business.

27 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

All well and good shipping out, but some traffic the other way would be most welcome..  Shipped out Hernandez without replacing first.  If it is a loan, I bet they are not going to fund all of his wages.. This does not appear good business.

Hernandez was awful.

There was no point in keeping him.

In terms of him not being replaced we don't have the capability of signing players in under 12 months it seems.

36 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Let's face it, who on earth is going to buy the player from us until he has played half a season with no issues. 

We either keep him here (but he may not get game time to prove his fitness) or we let him go on loan where he will. 

Then we can sell him or keep him but I'm certain he won't be able to be sold this window

Think this will need reposting every ten minutes 

If he's publicly saying he wants to go to Bordeaux I should think he's been told that he's not in Shakespeare's plans.

We'll never know if he'd have been an asset when fit but I suspect he wasn't the sort of player who'd have an impact in this league. When he was on the pitch I couldn't really work out what he was supposed to be doing.

Archived