Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxoffderby

Mendy

1 hour ago, wardyfox86 said:

So how about he goes to Shakey and says, "give me pre season to prove my worth, last year was a waste of time for everyone and I want to show people I can succeed"

But he still won't be sure of getting enough game time to prove his fitness 

1 minute ago, Clever Fox said:

If he's still not over his injury then he's likely to continue to be a sick note. Best to cash in now and recover what we can of our investment.

Who is going to pay anything like what we would want - infact I doubt any insurance company will cover him at the moment which makes any sale impossible 

9 hours ago, Babylon said:

He's inflicted with the "new player" disease where by they get slated almost no matter what... except Kapustka, who gets bummed to high heaven for some reason.

Thats the 'potential wonderkid' syndrome. He's young and not good enough so might eventually be great...

I think that's now almost every single player signed last summer who has been linked with a move away this summer or has already been jettisoned.

55 minutes ago, Bossman Blessed It said:

He said his heart is set on Bordeaux so ****ing send him there. He's clearly not got the bottle if injuries have caused him to clearly regret his move to Leicester. Ranieri seems to have been the sole purpose for him to join, now he's gone I doubt Mendy has much reason to want to stay. 

Ah. If he has actually said this, he can fook off asap. And if so, yes he's been a disastrous signing.

5 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

If he's still not over his injury then he's likely to continue to be a sick note. Best to cash in now and recover what we can of our investment.

Hard to get good value for a player that is injured. 

2 operations on his ankle and this somehow constitutes him being the "worst" player we every signed? come on now, give the guy a break. He is from France and only wants to go back on LOAN so he can get his fitness back, rather than sitting on the sidelines waiting for Ndidi, Drinkwater, Amartey, James or King to be either dropped or injured, also, if we are looking at signing people such as Siggy etc, his chances of getting any game time at all have significantly dropped. Let him go on loan n prove his worth.

2 hours ago, DreemaOfficial said:

2 operations on his ankle and this somehow constitutes him being the "worst" player we every signed? come on now, give the guy a break. He is from France and only wants to go back on LOAN so he can get his fitness back, rather than sitting on the sidelines waiting for Ndidi, Drinkwater, Amartey, James or King to be either dropped or injured, also, if we are looking at signing people such as Siggy etc, his chances of getting any game time at all have significantly dropped. Let him go on loan n prove his worth.

I think the fact you put him below King in the pecking order suggests he has no future here.

19 hours ago, wardyfox86 said:

Have to agree with this. Took a years salary from the treatment and recovery room. The most forgettable buy in recent history, along with Kaputska and Musa if they leave. Blimey, what a car crash summer lol

Harsh on Kapustka, he's hardly had a chance to show what he can do yet. 

8 minutes ago, thybluefox said:

Harsh on Kapustka, he's hardly had a chance to show what he can do yet. 

8 minutes ago, thybluefox said:

And when he had those "hardly" chances, when has Kapustka given the slightest hint of being Premiership standard?  Has he even shone at Under 23 level? I'm surprised no-one's calling for a Kaebi comeback!    

Has been mentioned that he's looking to return to France.

Think he should go; he's struggled to settle in and any prevention in letting him leave could make matters worse (like Ulloa now and potentially Mahrez after his transfer request).

Archived