Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

The OH Leuven Thread

3 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

I don’t understand why this is a thread.

Leuven is a club in a foreign country.... this is a Leicester City forum.

??‍♂️

28 pages of irrelevant shit

You'd abandon big Nige because he stands on foreign soil? I'd follow him to the moon, my friend. Lunar FC, vying for promotion against a make-shift team of abandoned space probes.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Gwon our Nige! Not doing as well as might be expected but not a disaster either. He'll pull it out the bag given time

I don't get that people expected Leuven to be promoted this season. Nige wasn't even in at the beginning and KP are only just setting things up. Those posts I read saying that NP has failed are annoying and inaccurate.

1 hour ago, Bayfox said:

Yes, so even if by some master class from Nige, and they qualify, they wouldn't be allowed to play in the Europa League if we are in it, as we take priority as we finished in a higher position in our domestic league structure.

We have to qualify first.

7 minutes ago, FIF said:

I don't get that people expected Leuven to be promoted this season. Nige wasn't even in at the beginning and KP are only just setting things up. Those posts I read saying that NP has failed are annoying and inaccurate.

No doubt from the same trolls who said he wasn't good enough here.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, FIF said:

We have to qualify first.

Hence the IF we are in it.

I'd suggest we stand a better chance than a 2nd tier team playing sides from the league above tho.

15 minutes ago, FIF said:

I don't get that people expected Leuven to be promoted this season.

He will get promoted next season, wildly outperforming the rest of the division, only to struggle the subsequent season, to be rescued by an aging past great and a square headed German, thus propelling him to win the league the next season with two previously unknown players he got on the cheap from Luxembourg's second tier. It is written. By me. Just then. Place your bets NOW!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Imagine there being a thread about a club owned by our owners, who share our resources, whose connections with us are only likely to get stronger as they do and could potentially benefit us. A club that has our players on loan and a popular ex manager in charge. A club that OUR club has run trips to and from... yeah totally irrelevant.

Strange as it may seem I am well aware of the connections, but we are supporters of LCFC, and this forum is related to that.

We don’t support a club foreign or otherwise just because it’s Top’s new plaything, anymore than we would blindly back all of the racehorses that Mr Vic has bought, surely? 

You are right actually...let’s have other threads along those lines. How about:

“Mr Vics Nags”

Or another entitled “Mr Tops newly purchased waistcoats”

?

Each to their own

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader

7 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Strange as it may seem I am well aware of the connections, but we are supporters of LCFC, and this forum is related to that.

We don’t support a club foreign or otherwise just because it’s Top’s new plaything, anymore than we would blindly back all of the racehorses that Mr Vic has bought, surely? 

You are right actually...let’s have otherthreads along those lines. How about:

“Mr Vics nags”

?

Each to their own

We follow our ex players. Even when they betray English streets and step upon non-English streets. Why not follow Nigel?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Personally I’m not bothered what Nige does now he’s not at our club. 

But what about your AFFECTION and LOYALITY for a man who did so much?! Big Nige's big flame forever burns brightly in my soul, be him drinking a pint of Tiger or far superior foreign muck!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

You are right actually...let’s have other threads along those lines. How about:

“Mr Vics Nags”

?

Each to their own

This forum is about ALL things Leicester City. They share our players and staff and we as a club potentially stand to benefit is they succeed, through development of our own players and the possibility of us taking some of theirs. You only have to look how the Pozzo's have used their other clubs to benefit Watford, to know why people take an interest in what's going on there.

If you as a supporter aren't interested in the nuances and some of the smaller details involved, then don't be and stay out of the thread. Nobody is asking you to support Leuven.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

I just hope they take some more of our young players on loan next season. Bet Elliot Moore has benefited a lot from the experience. 

I think we would let them take more if they got promoted... but thats a really tough call this year partly to do with who else is running away with the title.... and only one club gets promoted anyway...

27 minutes ago, Babylon said:

This forum is about ALL things Leicester City. They share our players and staff and we as a club potentially stand to benefit is they succeed, through development of our own players and the possibility of us taking some of theirs. You only have to look how the Pozzo's have used their other clubs to benefit Watford, to know why people take an interest in what's going on there.

If you as a supporter aren't interested in the nuances and some of the smaller details involved, then don't be and stay out of the thread. Nobody is asking you to support Leuven.

I did finish with ‘each to there own’ which seems a concise version of what is above.

The absolute state of their leagues rules. How on earth can 2nd tier also-rans get a pop at Europe? It's insane.

Imagine the frothing on here if a side like Sheffield United finished 7th in the Championship and ended up nabbing a Europa spot, there'd be riots lol