Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

The OH Leuven Thread

On 10/01/2018 at 18:50, plasticfan said:

A lot of Thais now moan that Kawin can play higher level than this. Some say he better go to J league than Belgium D2.
Here some of his skills.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

What on earth is that last video lol

I'm a keeper playing at a very modest level and have been put through better drills that! The ball almost stops before it gets to him for most of the drill.

On 19/11/2017 at 10:18, Pelotas said:

Note that being top of the league overall does not mean anything in the Belgian Second Division. The winner of the first half of the season (Beerschot-Wilrijk) will play the winner of the second half for promotion, so for OH Leuven only the second period standings are relevant.

On 10/01/2018 at 14:50, plasticfan said:

A lot of Thais now moan that Kawin can play higher level than this. Some say he better go to J league than Belgium D2.
Here some of his skills.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

I presume that you are both OH fans ...   would really appreciate an update on how the big man (Pearson) is doing ...    and how you feel about him ...    is the team getting better ? ...    new signings ? ...   trouble with the media ! ...   any little snippets of information in fact ...   it’s all quite low key over here.    Cheers ...    :)

Tubize 0 - 1 OH Leuven. FT.

Put them 2nd in the league, 2 point behind the leaders with 5 games left to play (I think), I think they're in the play-off spots, I thought i'd got my head around how the league worked but i'm seeing conflicting tables so i'm not sure! lol

Edited by Matt
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Matt said:

Tubize 0 - 1 OH Leuven. FT.

Put them 2nd in the league, 2 point behind the leaders with 5 games left to play (I think), I think they're in the play-off spots, I thought i'd got my head around how the league worked but i'm seeing conflicting tables so i'm not sure! lol

Yep. All eight teams play each other twice during two separate "tournaments", similar to the ones found in Argentina, for instance. So that's five more matches to go until the end of the second "half".

The two winners of each "half" then play against each other in order to determine promotion to the top flight. But from what I gather, OH Leuven can only hope for promotion if they finish first in this "half", otherwise Cercle Brugge will be facing Beerschot (winners of the first "half") in the playoffs.

Five more matches to go, two more points to make up for 1st place, three to overtake Cercle Brugge. It's doable, but it'll be a tougher ask.

The remaining fixtures are:

January 26th: OH Leuven - KVC Westerlo (8th)

February 3rd: OH Leuven - Cercle Brugge (!)

February 10th: Lierse SK (4th) - OH Leuven

February 17th: OH Leuven - KFCO Beerschot (!)

February 24th: KSV Roeselare (5th) - OH Leuven

Two crucial home games against leaders Cercle and first-half tournament winners Beerschot there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, bluesbrothers said:

Wellp, that's blown it.

10 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

Promotion off the cards this season then?

Well, they'll need two wins against Cercle Brugge and Beerschot to make up for it.

They've surely made it more difficult for themselves to win the second "half" of the season, nerves and all...

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

Well, they'll need two wins against Cercle Brugge and Beerschot to make up for it.

They've surely made it more difficult for themselves to win the second "half" of the season, nerves and all...

Pearson has nerves?

• Like 1

Nige will get them promoted next year. He improved us year on year and so will improve Leuven. 

Just out of curiosity what would happen if Leicester and Leuven were to qualify for the Europa League? Aren't there rules against clubs owned by the same person being in the same competition?

On 14/1/2018 at 18:10, Countryfox said:

I presume that you are both OH fans ...   would really appreciate an update on how the big man (Pearson) is doing ...    and how you feel about him ...    is the team getting better ? ...    new signings ? ...   trouble with the media ! ...   any little snippets of information in fact ...   it’s all quite low key over here.    Cheers ...    :)

If anything, it's going downhill. Pearson has not improved this team at all, compared to the previous manager (who was already not well liked due to meager results and style of play). Lost a home game against the weakest team in the draw, last week. This week secured one point in a home game that had to be won to retain a chance for promotion, in the 93th minute thanks to a penalty. Will trade Pearson for Moore.

Edited by Lizhang