Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Politics Thread (encompassing Brexit) - 21 June 2017 onwards

Just now, Innovindil said:

Because selling people's personal data would have gone down a treat. :huh:

Some of the more recent docs might need to have a time embargo, but Ancestry already have passenger listings online from 1940s/1950s - valuable even if some records had to be embargoed for a few years.

I found one of my great-uncles going to and fro from Hong Kong in the 40s & 50s, plus my uncle emigrating to Australia as a young man.

The 1940 US census is already online and 1950 will be published in 2022. The UK keeps censuses private for 100 years, but a pre-war register (1938?) has been out for a while.

6 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

https://www.mintpressnews.com/theresa-mays-change-of-heart-on-syria-strikes-nothing-to-explain-it-except-a-family-chat/240747/

No secret intelligence which we are not privy to. Sorry if this has been posted already

Embarrassing that so many people (looks around the thread) are willing to support military action based on some grainy video of unknown provenance.

5 minutes ago, Buce said:

Wow, talk about conflict of interests. 

2 minutes ago, toddybad said:

Embarrassing that so many people (looks around the thread) are willing to support military action based on some grainy video of unknown provenance.

Says a lot that we gave so much time to Corbyn attending a Seder and this news is only fit for fringe media outlets apparently

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Says a lot that we gave so much time to Corbyn attending a Seder and this news is only fit for fringe media outlets apparently

The mainstream media owners favour the Establishment and the status quo.

It's all part of the conspiracy to keep Corbyn away from power because they are all terrified of the change it might bring.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

https://www.mintpressnews.com/theresa-mays-change-of-heart-on-syria-strikes-nothing-to-explain-it-except-a-family-chat/240747/

No secret intelligence which we are not privy to. Sorry if this has been posted already

Is there any evidence to back up anything in that article? I can't see a single quote. If you look around that site a bit it's blatantly a hard left website.

13 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Is there any evidence to back up anything in that article? I can't see a single quote. If you look around that site a bit it's blatantly a hard left website.

Do you have some evidence to the contrary?

18 minutes ago, Webbo said:

It does look far left I concede

Dont know about the intelligence stuff

But May's husband being linked to the invest firm which profits from these bombings would be pretty checkable

4 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

It does look far left I concede

Dont know about the intelligence stuff

But May's husband being linked to the invest firm which profits from these bombings would be pretty checkable

What about the May told Trump she wouldn't get involved  and then changed her mind when she spoke to her husband? What evidence is there for that?

the raid would have happened anyway, so what benefit did Philip May gain?

6 minutes ago, Webbo said:

What about the May told Trump she wouldn't get involved  and then changed her mind when she spoke to her husband? What evidence is there for that?

the raid would have happened anyway, so what benefit did Philip May gain?

This article is wilting under the lights a bit lol

But do you not recogise a conflict of interest there then?

More bombs means more profits for the investment company.  Of course he gains

Didn't something like this come up before? Swear I remember something about amazon and how the capital group Mr May works for has shares in it. 

It went on to say Mr May doesn't have sod all to do with any investments, or any research into investments. :huh:

1 hour ago, Buce said:

It's all part of the conspiracy to keep Corbyn away from power because they are all terrified of the change it might bring.

Yeah, not sure I totally buy into the "establishment is scared or Corbyn" line but when you look at the last month, with Corbyn coming under a sustained attack for an ambiguous comment made years ago, and May basically getting away with denying people cancer treatment & deporting people based on ethnic origin and then having the utter filth mindset to use it as an opportunity to bash Corbyn, and as if that isn't enough then blindly following Trump into bombing a foreign country with no real evidence and yet barely getting any criticism from the press, it's hard to avoid the conclusion that the two aren't exactly being treated equally.

Edited by Rogstanley

1 hour ago, Buce said:

Ken?

Guest Foxin_mad

Corbyn is an absolutely massive **** though. A very dangerous one at that.

Its funny how people still try to defend him. 

He thinks the break up of the USSR was a travesty, models his economics on Venuzela who he congratulated on increasing the living standards of millions lol, he has friends in Hezbollah, Hamas and the IRA. He lets bullying and intimidation run rife inside his party alongside anti-Semitism. People still think this clown is fit to run a country.

Teresa May may be a useless old git but she is nothing on that incompetent old ****wit an his team of despicable *****. 

14 minutes ago, Foxin_mad said:

Corbyn is an absolutely massive **** though. A very dangerous one at that.

Its funny how people still try to defend him. 

He thinks the break up of the USSR was a travesty, models his economics on Venuzela who he congratulated on increasing the living standards of millions lol, he has friends in Hezbollah, Hamas and the IRA. He lets bullying and intimidation run rife inside his party alongside anti-Semitism. People still think this clown is fit to run a country.

Teresa May may be a useless old git but she is nothing on that incompetent old ****wit an his team of despicable *****. 

Indeed, and his and momentum's takeover of the Labour party is frankly a bit scary.  Imagine if the right wing took over the Tories?  Jesus.

47 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Ken?

lol

Never mind fearing Corbyn - the media barons will be the first up against the wall when I'm in charge.

You'll probably get away with re-education.

Edited by Buce
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jon the Hat said:

Indeed, and his and momentum's takeover of the Labour party is frankly a bit scary.  Imagine if the right wing took over the Tories?  Jesus.

:crylaugh:

Oh, yeah, imagine that.

They might start deporting blacks, stripping away legal aid rights, cutting benefits to the disabled, changing employment laws to suit the bosses, cosying up to the madman in the White House, dismantling the Welfare State... who knows where it might end?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

They'd probably start deporting people for no reason and sending round 'go home' vans.

Oh. Wait.......

Law of unintended consequences my friends.  No one intended these Windrush folks to be put in a difficult position, time they sorted it out.  The rest of that is your left wing bias kicking in.

The right wing of the Tory party is not in control, not by a million miles.