Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

Slimani

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I'll rephrase... inexperienced kid who has only started 12 games premier league games in the last 2 year. No matter how promising he might, that's still unproven and thus should sstill put a question mark next to him.

thats fair enough

40 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

might need the numbers more than you think with injuries and potential cup competitions, I for one hope we try to win one this year with a potential Europa league place on the line, which can lead onto even bigger things.

Yeap, this season has to be domestic cup season for us, unencumbered by bladdy European comps for once

8 minutes ago, the fox said:

people are taking kelechi for granted! he was getting elite service while our attacking players are feeding off scraps. some people would be met for a rude awakening

I wouldn't say Nigeria are particularity elite tbh, and he's scored 6 in 10 for them

Just now, the fox said:

and shinji scored 50 with japan.

He also won the premier league, with Leicester City

You can't say people are overestimating one player and then use a complete underestimation of another player as an example of why you're correct

2 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

You can't say people are overestimating one player and then use a complete underestimation of another player as an example of why you're correct

You can't beat a good contextual argument :)

21 minutes ago, the fox said:

people are taking kelechi for granted! he was getting elite service while our attacking players are feeding off scraps. some people would be met for a rude awakening

Oh come on.You make us sound like a  Wba or a newly promoted team.We've always created a good number of goal scoring chances per game for our strikers

10 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

we are talking about end product. you brought up nigeria for an example so i brought japan up (because both play in a less competitive competition). what is that you didn't understand. those arent a standered. if you brought up leagues like ligue 1 and eredivisie than we can talk.

Really don't want to sell Slimani. He's unstoppable in the air even when he is not at his best (look at last season). If Slimani plays week in week out he's a 20 goal a season striker. If we have to ship out a striker to make way for Iheanacho then I'd prefer it was Ulloa out of what we currently have. He wanted to go in January anyway. 

Just now, the fox said:

we are talking about end product. you brought up nigeria for an example so i brought japan up (because both play in a less competitive competition). what is that you didn't understand. those arent a standered. if you brought up leagues like ligue 1 and eredivisie than we can talk.

I don't think our team is particularly void of creating chances tbh, we create plenty of chances, we just didn't put them away in the league last season

Just now, MrSpaM said:

I don't think our team is particularly void of creating chances tbh, we create plenty of chances, we just didn't put them away in the league last season

the team can create chances, but most are from set pieces or long balls. if mahrez isn't firing on all cylinders, chancese from build up play and passes around the area (where kelechi thrives imo) are slim to non.

1 minute ago, the fox said:

the team can create chances, but most are from set pieces or long balls. if mahrez isn't firing on all cylinders, chancese from build up play and passes around the area (where kelechi thrives imo) are slim to non.

You can say that again!

11 minutes ago, the fox said:

You wouldn't expect Vardy to thrive off the way we play either, but it seems to work

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

Selective stats.

Ulloa has got a decent record at PL level and Okazaki was preferred over Slimani by Shaky. Despite Okazaki not contributing much in assists or goals since he came here he is something of an enigma, we always seem to play better with him in the side despite his lack of a tangible contribution. 

Come on Gerard. Slim is a better threat than the other 2 put together. And the idea that you sell the better player is a bit ludicrous don't you think? 

51 minutes ago, the fox said:

I agree that he won't be getting a goal a game with us but I'll be surprised if he's not got 10+ league goals with 5+ league assists by the end of the season. Hopefully Vardy gets something like 15/20 league goals and we'll be fine.

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

If we sold Slimani a Vardy injury would probably mean Okazaki as No10 and Iheanacho as No9.

In a season where we will mostly be playing once a week we don't need five out and out strikers. Three of the cover strikers will be about 30 years old as well on average. Somebody needs to go.

Yes the worst players. those who can't score.

You want your head tested if you think we should be selling Slimani to keep Ulloa as cover.

If you have too many strikers you sell the one you need the least. That's Leo, by a distance.

8 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I agree that he won't be getting a goal a game with us but I'll be surprised if he's not got 10+ league goals with 5+ league assists by the end of the season. Hopefully Vardy gets something like 15/20 league goals and we'll be fine.

i 100% agree. 10 goals 5 assists sounds about right. i'm all in buying kelechi (little bothered about the buy-back clause though). just saying, keeping a striker who can get you goals and keep the strting spot competitive is necessary

1 minute ago, the fox said:

i 100% agree. 10 goals 5 assists sounds about right. i'm all in buying kelechi (little bothered about the buy-back clause though). just saying, keeping a striker who can get you goals and keep the strting spot competitive is necessary

I think with Slim, Vardy and Iheanacho we have three different players each capable of leading the line by themselves and scoring goals. It's a nice problem to have.

E. Backed up by Okazaki who will always give you endeavour.

They're the 4 strikers I'd like to have this season.

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I think with Slim, Vardy and Iheanacho we have three different players each capable of leading the line by themselves and scoring goals. It's a nice problem to have.

the strongest attack outside the top 6. there is not a team in the league (imo) that has 3 strikers who can get you 15 goals and 5+ assists in the whole league

Archived