Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

Slimani

48 minutes ago, AjcW said:

It would be pretty leicester if the summer fire sale we were meant to be having ended up with us selling Drinks, Slim and Mahrez and not Musa, Mendy and Ulloa lollollol 

Do not mention 'Fire' sale please. I did a week or so go and was told we do good business.    

19 minutes ago, Redouane said:

Thing is, Slim can play Shinji's role pretty well. And since Shinji is probably the most hardworking player in the team, he will need some rest where Slim can take over. But of course if he were to play the false 9 position it would mean less goals and a lot on here would claim he isn't good enough as the case with Shinji and even Benzema 

But he couldbe geat if he dort his weaknrsses out... see previous list 

2 hours ago, Eagle10 said:

You guys need to realize that keeping a player like Slimani in the bench isn't a good move for him. He won't get the playtime he deserves, for me the best thing for both club country and player is to sell him. But I don't think it will be for Watford, they already have many strikers, I think Everton is the best destination for him and the Algerian national team 

Edited to say what you REALLY THINK... 

13 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Your thoughts on Col? ;)lol

7 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Are you being 'argumentative' again? It's a good job you appear to have a free pass with the mods.

:thumbup:

You two at it again?  Col, why did you unblock him?!   Kind of think your banter is like watching the Three Stooges or Laurel and Hardy though, I enjoy it.

Back on topic, I think we keep Slim, he'll have a role to play and I can see him getting some playing time.  Shinji is off to a stormer but doesn't last whole games, Vards fits him as a foil and I can't see Kelechi playing every week, much as I would love him to.  I still think a 3 man attack with Slim, Vards and Kelechi could be very exciting and very dangerous.  Maybe if we go to wing backs (crap, I'm sayin it now) it might work with Kelechi as a 10? 

Just now, HoustonFox said:

Edited to say what you REALLY THINK... 

You two at it again?  Col, why did you unblock him?!   Kind of think your banter is like watching the Three Stooges or Laurel and Hardy though, I enjoy it.

Back on topic, I think we keep Slim, he'll have a role to play and I can see him getting some playing time.  Shinji is off to a stormer but doesn't last whole games, Vards fits him as a foil and I can't see Kelechi playing every week, much as I would love him to.  I still think a 3 man attack with Slim, Vards and Kelechi could be very exciting and very dangerous.  Maybe if we go to wing backs (crap, I'm sayin it now) it might work with Kelechi as a 10? 

I took him off ignore due to my actually agreeing with him over James. 'I'll give him another chance' I thought. 

That ain't lasted long has it....

lol

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

I took him off ignore due to my actually agreeing with him over James. 'I'll give him another chance' I thought. 

That ain't lasted long has it....

lol

You can't keep away, you love a bit of babs!!! :)

17 minutes ago, Ricey said:

They think they can get him for around £16M.

This season is as important as any in the club's history. We don't need 16 mill at the moment, we need to ensure we take a real shot at Europe and show our ambition in general so as to begin recruiting better. We may need Slimani for that, and even if we don't, we can move him in the January window at a better price, certainly.

Slim was one of our top attacking players in the preseason. Sure, Shinji was excellent that first game, but his impact is usually a fair bit less than that. We have flirted with a 3-man forward line since we used it in the second Athletico game, and against inferior attacking Prem sides, some variation of that may be a path to stacking wins that would otherwise be losses or draws. We don't yet know how effective we will be attacking with Mahrez gone (assuming that happens), we shouldn't assume Vardy and Shinji and the 20-year old Nacho will be enough to let go of a proven striker, especially a threat with his head like Slim. 

Nacho came up in Nigeria as an attacking MF, and sure, he's likely going to stick at striker in a two forward formation, but I really want to see whether we can get all three on the field in a fashion that complements all of them.

2 hours ago, Eagle10 said:

But he has value and Leicester can recover most of his fee. Unless there is injuries, he won't be first choice. And for a player like Slimani that isn't good. 

Your on the wrong forum chap. This is a Leicester City forum and what counts is what's right for Leicester City. What's right for slim ain't our problem how he plays is.

24 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Vardy & Iheanacho will get us goals for sure this season 

after that i would say our 3rd best goal scoring striker would be Slim .

i can't see many goals coming from Ulloa, Shinji or Musa .

lets hope Vardy and Ineanacho stay fit this season if we sell Slim . 

Seriously, stop hyping up Iheanacho. Let's wait and see and what he can do. For all we know, he's going to flop. For now the second top scorer is Slim and until Ihenacho outscores Slim, he is still the 3rd or 4th choice. I do hope he is successful for the club, but for now he  is unproven. 

29 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Your on the wrong forum chap. This is a Leicester City forum and what counts is what's right for Leicester City. What's right for slim ain't our problem how he plays is.

You know what I meant. For the club it is good since he still has value.

Archived