Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

Slimani

13 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

For all of you doubters, see this video:  1 minute in, an absolute peach of a flick on.  Keepiminn  :scarf:

Unfortunately one "flick on" won't change the opinions of those who don't rate him.

Whilst facing goal, I think with his head he is amazing at times, with his back to goal he is dreadful.

I do want to keep Slimani providing we can keep him happy, as I'd imagine he may drop down the pecking order with the impending signing of Iheanaco.

On 24/07/2017 at 17:42, brucey said:

Ulloa deleted his 'I will never play for LCFC again' tweet btw, I wonder when he did that :whistle:

Probably when he played for Leicester again ;) 

Just now, Johnthefoxrayner said:

IMO we need to keep slim he is a beast and will score goals this season. I don't understand why people want rid of him. 

Did you mean to quote me? :/ 

5 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Vardy, Iheanacho, Slim and Okazaki - Strong

Vardy, Iheanacho, Ulloa and Okazaki - Poo

It's not just about the quality of our forwards but value for money.

In a season that we might only play 40 meaningful games do we really want a 29 year old £30m striker to sit on our bench?

If we can get £25m for him is there many on here who would turn that down?

VFM I'd rather sell Slimani and keep Ulloa to fulfil his role. 

6 minutes ago, Gerard said:

In a season that we might only play 40 meaningful games do we really want a 29 year old £30m striker to sit on our bench?

Why are you so quick to give up on Slim for Iheanacho? He hasn't proven jack yet, he might be a worse signing than Musa, who knows? Then who will you rely on for goals besides Vardy? Ulloa?

7 minutes ago, Gerard said:

If he's the third best striker, yes. For the same reason Chelsea would prefer to have Batshuayi on the bench instead of Patrick Bamford. If you need to bring a sub on, I'd rather it be a good one rather than a cheap one.

1 minute ago, Redouane said:

Why are you so quick to give up on Slim for Iheanacho? He hasn't proven jack yet, he might be a worse signing than Musa, who knows? Then who will you rely on for goals besides Vardy? Ulloa?

We did okay a couple of years a go with just Vardy, Ulloa and Okazaki to pick from if you recall?

It's a given that Iheanacho will be at the very least competent. He is the most prolific striker in PL history by minutes played and has come from one of the biggest clubs in the world, we haven't dragged him from a Nigerian regional league.

It's obvious the plan is to go with Iheanacho and Vardy. I think it's good business if we can cash in on Slimani and let Ulloa cover his role and that money saved can be used more effectively.

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

If he's the third best striker, yes. For the same reason Chelsea would prefer to have Batshuayi on the bench instead of Patrick Bamford. If you need to bring a sub on, I'd rather it be a good one rather than a cheap one.

Well for me Okazaki and Ulloa would be adequate as 3rd and 4th choice.

Keep our tinder dry for another season and then look to bring in that next striker to compliment Vardy and Iheanacho.

If anyone offers 25m yes take it but can't see it.

The choice is between, Leo, who is painfully slow and Slim who is just slow.

we don't need them both but you can't seriously choose Leo over Slim.

He asks far more questions of a defence even if it's a tactical change from the bench.

2 minutes ago, notnow john said:

If anyone offers 25m yes take it but can't see it.

The choice is between, Leo, who is painfully slow and Slim who is just slow.

we don't need them both but you can't seriously choose Leo over Slim.

He asks far more questions of a defence even if it's a tactical change from the bench.

I rate Slimani higher than Ulloa but we overpaid and if we can get anything like our money back then I would sell Slimani.

I think it would be good business for us to move him on for a smallish loss and have Ulloa to cover him and I think this is the club's thinking as well which is why Ulloa got a new contract. I'm sure Shaky and Co will think the ideal scenario will be to get a large chunk of our money back on Slimani and replace him with Ulloa. We'll then probably sell Ulloa a year down the line to a Championship club as strikers like him hold their value and are sought after at Championship level.

54 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Well for me Okazaki and Ulloa would be adequate as 3rd and 4th choice.

Keep our tinder dry for another season and then look to bring in that next striker to compliment Vardy and Iheanacho.

A wopping 4 goals and 1 assist between them last season.

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

A wopping 4 goals and 1 assist between them last season.

Selective stats.

Ulloa has got a decent record at PL level and Okazaki was preferred over Slimani by Shaky. Despite Okazaki not contributing much in assists or goals since he came here he is something of an enigma, we always seem to play better with him in the side despite his lack of a tangible contribution. 

For all those wanting Slimani gone as he’s a £30m signing ..... WTF?!? 

If we need a goal in a game, bringing Slim on, at least inspires some sort of confidence. Play to his strengths and he is  a lethal striker. 

We have players who are capable of feeding him.

#FeedSlimani! 

Selective stats.

Ulloa has got a decent record at PL level and Okazaki was preferred over Slimani by Shaky. Despite Okazaki not contributing much in assists or goals since he came here he is something of an enigma, we always seem to play better with him in the side despite his lack of a tangible contribution. 

If Slim is third choice striker that means he covers Vardy's position as well as the 10 position. You might say it's selective, but quite frankly if Vardy gets injured or suspended I do no want be relying on Ulloa recreating form from 3 years ago or Okazaki to find his scoring boots.

I don't care what he cost, the deed is done. He's shown he can bag in this league, and I think he'd score 15 goals + with a full season out of him. 15 goal a season strikers now cost you £25-£30m from our division.

If we were to rely on the other two at any point we're going to be in trouble.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

If Slim is third choice striker that means he covers Vardy's position as well as the 10 position. You might say it's selective, but quite frankly if Vardy gets injured or suspended I do no want be relying on Ulloa recreating form from 3 years ago or Okazaki to find his scoring boots.

I don't care what he cost, the deed is done. He's shown he can bag in this league, and I think he'd score 15 goals + with a full season out of him. 15 goal a season strikers now cost you £25-£30m from our division.

If we were to rely on the other two at any point we're going to be in trouble.

If we sold Slimani a Vardy injury would probably mean Okazaki as No10 and Iheanacho as No9.

In a season where we will mostly be playing once a week we don't need five out and out strikers. Three of the cover strikers will be about 30 years old as well on average. Somebody needs to go.

3 minutes ago, Gerard said:

If we sold Slimani a Vardy injury would probably mean Okazaki as No10 and Iheanacho as No9.

In a season where we will mostly be playing once a week we don't need five out and out strikers. Three of the cover strikers will be about 30 years old as well on average. Somebody needs to go.

So we're relying on a kid then... not for me thanks.

Yes, someone needs to go. So you get rid of Ulloa, I notice he's still not signed a contract.

4 minutes ago, Gerard said:

might need the numbers more than you think with injuries and potential cup competitions, I for one hope we try to win one this year with a potential Europa league place on the line, which can lead onto even bigger things.

Just now, Babylon said:

Yes, someone needs to go. So you get rid of Ulloa, I notice he's still not signed a contract.

Has he not signed?????

Maybe it's on the premise of Slimani being shifted?

As for relying on a kid don't make me laugh. He may be young in years but he's as proven a player as we're likely to sign.

Has he not signed?????

Maybe it's on the premise of Slimani being shifted?

As for relying on a kid don't make me laugh. He may be young in years but he's as proven a player as we're likely to sign.

Not as far as I know.

I'm excited by him, but getting a few minutes here and there isn't proven. He's got an excellent record off the bench, but that's quite different from starting games. We've seen with Gray he's capable of making an impact coming on against tired defenders, yet when he starts he looks nowhere near as threatening.

11 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Age shouldnt be the issue... MBappe is 18.. Not saying Iheancho is as good as him, of course...

5 minutes ago, MPH said:

Age shouldnt be the issue... MBappe is 18.. Not saying Iheancho is as good as him, of course...

I'll rephrase... inexperienced kid who has only started 12 games premier league games in the last 2 year. No matter how promising he might, that's still unproven and thus should sstill put a question mark next to him.

Archived