Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

Slimani

50 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

Edited to say what you REALLY THINK... 

You two at it again?  Col, why did you unblock him?!   Kind of think your banter is like watching the Three Stooges or Laurel and Hardy though, I enjoy it.

Back on topic, I think we keep Slim, he'll have a role to play and I can see him getting some playing time.  Shinji is off to a stormer but doesn't last whole games, Vards fits him as a foil and I can't see Kelechi playing every week, much as I would love him to.  I still think a 3 man attack with Slim, Vards and Kelechi could be very exciting and very dangerous.  Maybe if we go to wing backs (crap, I'm sayin it now) it might work with Kelechi as a 10? 

Bro I am Portuguese... Not sure what you mean there.

If I really did have something to say...

From Saturday my 1st  choice front 2...Vardy-Slimani.

1st choice sub, for one of them...Nacho.with him taking over Slim if Slim finds no form.

Shinji though scoring last game, would start on the bench in the next 5 PL games.

If Leicester have an above avg.season I see both injury free Slimani, and Nacho scoring a good ratio of goals,

alongside Vardy....

Whatever however  we set up, players, Club, and manager always have a 6-9 game carte blanche, before I start

making hard comments or criticism. Better still ...before I start yodelling how great we are..

Slimani starts with no negative baggage from me...

3 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

Edited to say what you REALLY THINK... 

You two at it again?  Col, why did you unblock him?!   Kind of think your banter is like watching the Three Stooges or Laurel and Hardy though, I enjoy it.

Back on topic, I think we keep Slim, he'll have a role to play and I can see him getting some playing time.  Shinji is off to a stormer but doesn't last whole games, Vards fits him as a foil and I can't see Kelechi playing every week, much as I would love him to.  I still think a 3 man attack with Slim, Vards and Kelechi could be very exciting and very dangerous.  Maybe if we go to wing backs (crap, I'm sayin it now) it might work with Kelechi as a 10? 

Bro most Algerians I've spoken to hate Slimani. Eagle is a Sporting fan not Algerian from what I can tell. 

4 hours ago, Redouane said:

Bro most Algerians I've spoken to hate Slimani. Eagle is a Sporting fan not Algerian from what I can tell. 

Why do they hate him though? He his the 5th best Algerian nation team goal scorer if I am not wrong.

I've been critical of him and rightly so imo but I think we should give him another chance. The quality of Albrighton's deliveries will give him the perfect opportunity to show his worth and then if he doesn't we'll have a decision to make 

9 hours ago, Redouane said:

Seriously, stop hyping up Iheanacho. Let's wait and see and what he can do. For all we know, he's going to flop. For now the second top scorer is Slim and until Ihenacho outscores Slim, he is still the 3rd or 4th choice. I do hope he is successful for the club, but for now he  is unproven. 

I agree. Let's see what he is like in a months time with fitness and a bit more settled here before we assume he's going to be competing for the Ballon D'or!

Interesting that the PL club with a Portuguese manager is apparently interested in slim. on the evidence of Saturday, Watford are not going to be bothered about the pretty pretty approach and will stick the ball in the box and slim would likely thrive off that kind of approach over here. 

If we are serious about winning a cup this year we should keep him. Then we can have a proper forward line for both the PL games around the cup game and the cup game itself. otherwise it will be leo for the cup games and he just isn't up to it re finishing as pre season reminded us. 

Just now, Fox 4 Life said:

He is! Not saying he should be but Vardy, Iheanacho and Okazaki are all ahead of him in the pecking order at the moment 

I can't work out whether 'Ze Guy' thinks Slim shouldn't be 4th choice or whether he thinks your post was wrong.

Then again, it's not the first time im struggling to understand him.

As always the price is key here. I'm happy for us to get the majority of our money back here if we can. 

Slimani is 29 and is never going to replace Vardy as our No9 and just isn't suited to playing No10. I'm happy to cash in on a player who we spent £30m on who is in the latter stage of his career and will never be considered first choice.

If Watford think they can get him for less than £20m they should be treated with the disdain Roma have but anything £20m-£25m should be consider and £25m+ I'll drive him myself.

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

I can't work out whether 'Ze Guy' thinks Slim shouldn't be 4th choice or whether he thinks your post was wrong.

Then again, it's not the first time im struggling to understand him.

Bit of both. Vardy is number one and a starter without question. Imo, there is no real order for the second striker which will be chosen depending on the form and the team we will face. To the contrary of what some might think here I highly doubt Shakey doesn't rate Slim.

Really? Genuine question. I always thought I made my points pretty clear and tried to not let my own biases cloud (too much) my judgement. Must work harder on it then.

Shouldn't we just be think of Slim as a different type of option? If Vardy and/or Nacho are struggling, he offers a different kind of threat. Okazaki is different again and has shown his use to provide extra midfield support, particularly against top teams.

Personally I'd like to keep these 4 as I think they all offer something different. Unfortunately I'm not sure Slim will be happy with a part-time role.

Leo's done some good work for us, but time to go now.

He's had one season in the Premier League, we should give him another chance this season. Remember how rubbish Vardy was in his first season at a higher level in the Championship?

If they offer £30m so we recoup everything I'd take it. But anything less give him another year he's worth the risk and just might bang in 18 league goals and be worth a lot more this time next year. 

6 hours ago, Eagle10 said:

Why do they hate him though? He his the 5th best Algerian nation team goal scorer if I am not wrong.

Because he is a bit of a dick ? I saw him once in a hotel in Algeria and I heard a guy say to his friend "isn't that Slimani?" And his friend replied "who cares he's crap" ?

Don't get me wrong, I like slim as a player. I think he's hardworking. Outside of the pitch he has a bit of a big head, but I don't idiolize him as a person, I just like him as a player. I don't care what he does outside of the pitch, it's his life

Archived