Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

Slimani

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Musa will be covering a wing spot as well, Leo is shit and will be sold... that leaves 4 which is fine.

Leo is dogshit but won't be sold. Despite slagging off the club and completely disrespecting the fans who pay his wages (which he collects for doing **** all) we seem to want him to stay and offer him new contracts. Plus, who would buy him? He's absolute bin fodder. My gran has been dead for 18 years. She still has more pace and a better first touch. 

2 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Keep. Cant afford to sell him to a potential relegation rival. 

Plus we don't know if Iheanacho will work. Leo is doggo and Okazaki despite his goal on Friday, cannot hit a barn door usually.

Yeah, everyone is already over hyping Ihenacho (like they did with Musa and Slim in the start) and then they were more or less flops. Well, Slim's poor goal tally can be justified with an injury filled season, so I think it would be fair to give him another season to prove all the haters wrong.

Just now, Redouane said:

Yeah, everyone is already over hyping Ihenacho (like they did with Musa and Slim in the start) and then they were more or less flops. Well, Slim's poor goal tally can be justified with an injury filled season, so I think it would be fair to give him another season to prove all the haters wrong.

Slim doesn't have a poor goal tally when you compare it to minutes on the pitch 

1 hour ago, FIF said:

It is not a reason to sell Slimani because we can't sell Ulloa and Musa.

You keep the best.

Persoanlly slimani is a must keep. Musa is a keep but could be loaned out to Hull.

Ulloa is a sell to anyone who wants him. He could still look good in a Championship team - not as good as Lawrence but good enough.

For me the most important task for Leicester City's manager right now has nothing to do with goals, assists or points although any, or all, those things would help immensely. It's about team spirit and a squad 100 per cent full of players who are totally committed to the cause and to the club.

You guys need to realize that keeping a player like Slimani in the bench isn't a good move for him. He won't get the playtime he deserves, for me the best thing for both club and player is to sell him. But I don't think it will be for Watford, they already have many strikers, I think Everton is the best destination for him. 

1 minute ago, Eagle10 said:

You guys need to realise that keeping a player like Slimani in the bench isn't a good move for him. He won't get the playtime he deserves, for me the best thing for both club and player is to sell him. But I don't think it will be for Watford, they already have many strikers, I think Everton is the best destination for him. 

I would be very surprised to see him go there. More likely to Newcastle or bottom half prem. Would suit Huddersfield or Burnley's  style of crosses into the box. Would really like to see what he could do with a run in the team but I'm not sure if it will be here.

3 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

You guys need to realize that keeping a player like Slimani in the bench isn't a good move for him. He won't get the playtime he deserves, for me the best thing for both club and player is to sell him. But I don't think it will be for Watford, they already have many strikers, I think Everton is the best destination for him. 

Well Everton hasn't come knocking so... 

3 minutes ago, Uncle Monty said:

I would be very surprised to see him go there. More likely to Newcastle or bottom half prem. Would suit Huddersfield or Burnley's  style of crosses into the box. Would really like to see what he could do with a run in the team but I'm not sure if it will be here.

Since they sold Lukaku they lack a good striker, Rooney is versatile so if Slimani would join them, Rooney could play behind him. I think it would be a good signing for them. 

5 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

Like when United had Yorke, Cole, Sherringham and Solakjaer, yeah that was a disaster! ?

Four good strikers is the way forward when your formation is 4-4-2 (4-4-1-1) like what we play

3 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Like when United had Yorke, Cole, Sherringham and Solakjaer, yeah that was a disaster! ?

Four good strikers is the way forward when your formation is 4-4-2 (4-4-1-1) like what we play

But he has value and Leicester can recover most of his fee. Unless there is injuries, he won't be first choice. And for a player like Slimani that isn't good. 

3 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

Since they sold Lukaku they lack a good striker, Rooney is versatile so if Slimani would join them, Rooney could play behind him. I think it would be a hood signing for them. 

It's pretty sound logic and the Walsh link is there but I can't help think they will be aiming higher. I also don't think he would get more game time at Everton. Who knows though, it could happen, especially with them splashing the cash so far.

36 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Leo is dogshit but won't be sold. Despite slagging off the club and completely disrespecting the fans who pay his wages (which he collects for doing **** all) we seem to want him to stay and offer him new contracts. Plus, who would buy him? He's absolute bin fodder. My gran has been dead for 18 years. She still has more pace and a better first touch. 

He'd do a good job at championship level.   He still hasn't signed that new contract and was nowhere near the bench Friday.

4 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

But he has value and Leicester can recover most of his fee. Unless there is injuries, he won't be first choice.

I don't care about the money. It's not my money. The football worlds finance is crazy. All I care about is for City to have the strongest squad possible. 

ive said it once and ill say it again , with albrighton and fuchs whipping balls into the box slimani is the ideal target man hes great with his . 

i just wish he could get a run of about 6 or 7 games going which hes not really had since arriving . im sure peoples opinions would change then. 

5 minutes ago, dorsetboy said:

ive said it once and ill say it again , with albrighton and fuchs whipping balls into the box slimani is the ideal target man hes great with his . 

i just wish he could get a run of about 6 or 7 games going which hes not really had since arriving . im sure peoples opinions would change then. 

The thing is, I can't see Vardy ever getting dropped, even if he has a run of 10 terrible games, which isn't likely, so to Slimani have a run of 7 games only if Vardy get injured or Kelechi.

15 minutes ago, Uncle Monty said:

It's pretty sound logic and the Walsh link is there but I can't help think they will be aiming higher. I also don't think he would get more game time at Everton. Who knows though, it could happen, especially with them splashing the cash so far.

Slimani didn't have a decent run if games in the Prem, he can possibly be a great striker here. He was in the Portuguese League, but since Prem is different he needed to adapt, just needs game time for that, which he hasn't had.

17 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

Slimani didn't have a decent run if games in the Prem, he can possibly be a great striker here. He was in the Portuguese League, but since Prem is different he needed to adapt, just needs game time for that, which he hasn't had.

I agree.... but he needs to do work.... to sort out his strength his hold up work with back to goal and to be able to shoot from the edge of the box.

But who do we drop to let him have a run? The prem is a league where you have to make your game tine count

29 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

I think everyone agrees with that.

9 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

I agree.... but he needs to do work.... to sort out his strength his hold up work with back to goal and to be able to shoot from the edge of the box.

But who do we drop to let him have a run? The prem is a league where you have to make your game tine count

Thing is, Slim can play Shinji's role pretty well. And since Shinji is probably the most hardworking player in the team, he will need some rest where Slim can take over. But of course if he were to play the false 9 position it would mean less goals and a lot on here would claim he isn't good enough as the case with Shinji and even Benzema 

1 hour ago, SecretPro said:

As if by magic, linked with a move to Getafe.

Archived