Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

Slimani

33 minutes ago, fleckneymike said:

Slimani and Rondon both scored 8 goals last season. Slimani scored his 8 in 10 games fewer than Rondon. 

Don't let facts cloud your judgement. Imagine coming on here and talking sense

1 minute ago, the fox said:

@Col city fan 

Gfn_dg7o-_x6ep2gNxs_VVSoZ2U3zhjiiPUEXEBf

20170723_211957.jpg

What are those last two categories? Are you telling me that slimani also wins more aerial duels with better % lol

The point being made was Rondon v Slimani as a lone bloke up top? Slimani has hardly played as a lone bloke up top? If he had, the comparisons could be made. As I said, playing as the lone bloke up top is an incredibly tough role.

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

The point being made was Rondon v Slimani as a lone bloke up top? Slimani has hardly played as a lone bloke up top? If he had, the comparisons could be made. As I said, playing as the lone bloke up top is an incredibly tough role.

He played as a lone striker vs west ham and killed it. Slim is the better player. Even though his play style isn't the most aesthetic to watch, his numbers are amazing!

7 minutes ago, the fox said:

He played as a lone striker vs west ham and killed it. Slim is the better player. Even though his play style isn't the most aesthetic to watch, his numbers are amazing!

Are you talking about one game here? You can't make any deductions from one game.

From what I can see, the player I see in Slimani has a poor first touch and isn't particularly a shield up top. He's also not too quick. I think he'd struggle in the Prem as a lone target bloke, every week.

But I guess we'll see this season, though I doubt he'll play that role very often.

6 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Are you talking about one game here? You can't make any deductions from one game.

From what I can see, the player I see in Slimani has a poor first touch and isn't particularly a shield up top. He's also not too quick. I think he'd struggle in the Prem as a lone target bloke, every week.

But I guess we'll see this season, though I doubt he'll play that role very often.

That is why he should be sold. He won't get enough minutes if Kelechi sign.

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Spot on. Slim is nowhere near as good as Rondon as an out and out target man. The role that Pulis asks Rondon to play is a massively difficult one. To win the ball up top, hold it up and bring in oncoming midfielders. And to score goals. Rondon is very good at this. I dread to think how we'd look with just Slimani up top for us.

Yes he reminds me very much of Howard in his younger days. Stats are helpful but they never tell the whole story.

I'd have Rondon all day long before Slimani.  but to be fare to Slim he hasn't had a lengthy run in the team so maybe he'll change my mind this season.

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

1-Are you talking about one game here?

2-You can't make any deductions from one game.

From what I can see, the player I see in Slimani has a poor first touch and isn't particularly a shield up top. 3-He's also not too quick. I think he'd struggle in the Prem as a lone target bloke, every week.

1-Try dozens! Granted it wasn't in the PL but he leads the line just fine!

2-You probably did after the last match vs them, unless you are an avid watcher of WBA?

3-???  He is very fast for a big guy

1sxrv4.gif

1syirn.gif

3 minutes ago, the fox said:

1-Try dozens! Granted it wasn't in the PL but he leads the line just fine!

2-You probably did after the last match vs them, unless you are an avid watcher of WBA?

3-???  He is very fast for a big guy

1sxrv4.gif

1syirn.gif

It's clear you have a very pro Slimani agenda so I'll leave it there. Personally, I'd rather we see a longer run with him in the side before any real conclusions can be made. My original point remains however. Leading the line in the way Rondon does  (or Lukaku, or Ibra) is a massively difficult role to fill. You can't compare the stats between two players, one who has been used in that way, and one who mainly hasn't.

And of course, comparing the Portugal Primera to the Premiership is just daft. The standard of most of the teams is miles apart.

From what I see of Slimani when I watch him, I'm yet to be as impressed as I thought I would be before we signed him. If he stays and if he plays much, I'm happy to be more impressed.

10 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Yes he reminds me very much of Howard in his younger days. Stats are helpful but they never tell the whole story.

I'd have Rondon all day long before Slimani.  but to be fare to Slim he hasn't had a lengthy run in the team so maybe he'll change my mind this season.

Steve "15 goals in 106 championship games"Howard.?

15 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

It's clear you have a very pro Slimani agenda so I'll leave it there. Personally, I'd rather we see a longer run with him in the side before any real conclusions can be made. My original point remains however. Leading the line in the way Rondon does  (or Lukaku, or Ibra) is a massively difficult role to fill. You can't compare the stats between two players, one who has been used in that way, and one who mainly hasn't.

And of course, comparing the Portugal Primera to the Premiership is just daft. The standard of most of the teams is miles apart.

From what I see of Slimani when I watch him, I'm yet to be as impressed as I thought I would be before we signed him. If he stays and if he plays much, I'm happy to be more impressed.

How can I have a pro slimani agenda if I'm only stating facts?

If kelech means that the team will play better, than I'm all for him not playing. But stat wise he is great.

You are trying to tell me that he wouldn't work as a striker leading the line and you compared him to a historically great striker in zlatan and a beast of a player who is lukaku who went for an astronomical figure. but when I counter with stats and facts you say "there isn't a lot of footage of him leading the line with Leicester", does that sound like a constructive debate? you are literally disqualifying your own argument. Did you bite more than you can chew with this subject? (Jk BTW lol)

1 hour ago, the fox said:

How can I have a pro slimani agenda if I'm only stating facts?

If kelech means that the team will play better, than I'm all for him not playing. But stat wise he is great.

You are trying to tell me that he wouldn't work as a striker leading the line and you compared him to a historically great striker in zlatan and a beast of a player who is lukaku who went for an astronomical figure. but when I counter with stats and facts you say "there isn't a lot of footage of him leading the line with Leicester", does that sound like a constructive debate? you are literally disqualifying your own argument. Did you bite more than you can chew with this subject? (Jk BTW lol)

Crikey, not at all.

Youve made far too much of the stats (clearly getting excited when you found them, hence the laughing face) without thinking the two players have played very different roles this season. It makes the stats pretty redundant.

You clearly rate Slimani and fair enough.

Ive long said, I'm yet to be convinced about his all-round game, but I'm torn. He could just as easily score 20 goals as 5 this season. I have no idea,.

Archived