Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Matty James to ......?

20 minutes ago, lcfcolilcfc said:

how much? why? he was great before he got injured, full pre-season he could well be again.

Great? I don't know what some peoples thing is with Matty James. Perennial Sick-Note and pretty average player. We have better and SHOULD have better. He makes a 'great' championship player maybe. With his record of sick and lack of PL action, I don't think he will break into our first team anytime soon.

Id take £7-10m for him.

Guest FriendlyRam

Just a feeler offer surely? If you accept if would be great though,, we'll give you first dibs on keogh aswell?

3 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Great? I don't know what some peoples thing is with Matty James. Perennial Sick-Note and pretty average player. We have better and SHOULD have better. He makes a 'great' championship player maybe. With his record of sick and lack of PL action, I don't think he will break into our first team anytime soon.

Id take £7-10m for him.

fair enough, we do have better agree. 

I think for us though we need great (good) squad players too, in today's market 7m-10m won't get us a squad player better in my opinion + he's only 25 few years to get better if he gets game time.

7 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Id take £7-10m for him.

He had a major injury, before that he played regularly. He's hardly a sick note FFS, why do people feel the need to label people sick notes on the back of a major injury. Same with Mendy despite the fact before that he'd played a shit load of games without any issues.

James for me has always been a far more all round footballer than Drinkwater, another player who seems to suffer because he doesn't try hollywood balls every 5 minutes. His stats in our promotion season were top notch. If he can get back to his best he'd be ahead of at least three of our current CM's and possibly more.

We don't need £10m, so give the bloke his chance to prove he's return from injury.

http://www.squawka.com/comparison-matrix#championship/2013/2014/matthew_james/93/93/10694/315/p|championship/2013/2014/daniel_drinkwater/93/93/10693/0/p#assists/chances_created/tackles_won/interceptions/pass_completion#90

16 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I thought Matty James was meant to be 'class' in the eyes of many?

4mill?

He's had 2 long term knee injuries and is only 25.

We can't really hold out for much more money and it would only be fair to let Matty go in order for him to reignite his career considering he has Ndidi, Drinkwater, Iborra and perhaps Sigurdsson to fight with.

Hold out for 6/7m and let him go IMO.

3 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Id take £7-10m for him.

Such hyperbole.

It really is utter nonsense to be calling Matty James 'great'. 

He wasn't great. He was part of a midfield of a City team that spent three quarters of the season rooted to the base of a division and having the longest unwinning run in the history of the club, I believe?

Great.... lol

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Such hyperbole.

It really is utter nonsense to be calling Matty James 'great'. 

He wasn't great. He was part of a midfield of a City team that spent three quarters of the season rooted to the base of a division and having the longest unwinning run in the history of the club, I believe?

Great.... lol

Can't have it both ways. Show a bit of respect.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/25821759

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

We can't really hold out for much more money and it would only be fair to let Matty go in order for him to reignite his career considering he has Ndidi, Drinkwater, Iborra and perhaps Sigurdsson to fight with.

Same here. I agree.

Matty James, a good championship player with recent long term injury problems. I trust the backroom staff to know if he is the quality we require moving forward. I suspect he isn't and I think that £4-6 million deal is very good business as far as we are concerned. if we are looking to bring in players in the calibre of £35/40 million he is not something (being blunt) that our owners will be too bothered about. Matty James & Andy King, similar in many ways and not the quality we require moving forward.

The coaching team will have seen how he has started in pre-season. If he's not quite up to it, I'm sure they will see a loan move as more beneficial rather than shipping him out at this stage. I've only heard positives so far though, and he looks in good shape considering they have just come back and the lack of football over the last 2 years.

6 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

You're assuming he wants to go. I get the feeling that he'd like to try and prove himself again at this level and for this club before being sold and dropping down a division.

Just now, Col city fan said:

Huth made the real difference. I think that's generally recognised.

James is just ok.

Huth made a difference, sure.

We didn't actually start winning for a long time after his arrival though. James and Cambiasso's form in the great escape was superb. Such a shame the lad got injured.

1 minute ago, matty98 said:

They got 8 million for Will Hughes who isn't as good at James, anything less that £10 million is an insult.

Will Hughes is 4 years younger and hasnt had 2 long term injuries. Its always harder to sell a player after a long term if they havent been playing.

Just now, Melbourne Fuchs said:

You're assuming he wants to go. I get the feeling that he'd like to try and prove himself again at this level and for this club before being sold and dropping down a division.

If he wants to stay and battle for his spot then brilliant.

But I think he'll want to be playing again and would see Derby as a side that will look to get promotion this season. Would see him back in the Prem as a nailed on first team player.

Archived