Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Matty James to ......?

4 hours ago, Babylon said:

He was every bit as good as the likes of Wes, Drinky, Vardy in the championship and his stats were the best in the first prem season also in cm.

We don't need the money, so let's give him the chance. It's more than possible he's better than King, Mendy, Amartey at least if fit. Iborra totally unproven in this league and he kept DD out before and rightly so.

What we got to lose? At best we have someone actually capable of being a serious contender for a staring spot.

He proves his fitness he'll be worth twice that at least anyway. So if it turns out he's not good enough for us, sell him on then.

This 10 times over.

Also I would hope (expect) we would not just fund a two year rehabilitation to get a player in peak condition in probably the prime of his career, to then not even give him the chance he has not only strived for all that time but also warranted.

And to top it all off we sell the poor fvcker to Derby????

not having that 

5 hours ago, sylofox said:

The only people that need to learn is Mahrez and his agent.

First lesson don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Second lesson no one man is bigger than the club

Third lesson ignore the first two then your a thick cvnt

Mahrez deserves a lot of blame. His play was tepid. His attitude seemed poor. He was sulky and mopey all season, absolutely acting like he was better than the team. And then that letter saying he was off to greener pastures was asinine, a rookie mistake. 

Nonetheless, the impression right now is Leicester is trying to make it difficult for Mahrez to leave. That should not be the story, at all. The story should be Mahrez shot himself in the foot by playing half-ass last season, and then making it more difficult to get fair value by writing that letter, which of course cost LC money bc it is much easier to play hardball with a motivated seller. LC needs to control the narrative. Otherwise the Guardian or ESPN or whomever will write stories from whomever will whisper in their ears. Especially this time of year, it is pretty close to the sport dead zone, columnists and pundits have to scrape for stories, and this would be easy to correct the narrative and make clear what a fair shake Mahrez has gotten from LC despite his borderline belligerent behavior. 

People have forgotten  how good james was before his injury, if he wants to stay and fight that's good, what if Drinkwater s injury doesn't hold up? Everyone would be crying again saying why can't we get james back off loan like last season.

45 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

People have forgotten  how good james was before his injury, if he wants to stay and fight that's good, what if Drinkwater s injury doesn't hold up? Everyone would be crying again saying why can't we get james back off loan like last season.

This. Matty James (pre-injury) was one of our best players and in the great escape season was better than Drinky. Post-injury, from what I've seen he's back to his best and the Barnsley fans seemed absolutely gutted they couldn't keep him past the loan spell. We don't need money, we do need midfield options, there's no reason to sell him whatsoever

If we give him a few games and he's clearly not up to the standard required, the club can loan him out again in January (or sell if Matty wants first team football elsewhere) - no way we should be settling for £4m though

James was up there as one of our best player in the Championship. In the Premiership he was one of the few who was comfortable on the Ball. The fact that we were bottom of the league had more to do with the tactics being used rather than some of our Players. Once we switched to width we were beating all comers.

James has always been a better player than DD. If he hasn't lost too much pace which from what you read from his performances for Barnsley then he should be fine.

I'm sure he's going to get plenty of opportunity in the pre season games to re establish himself.

I'd prefer if we kept him as he can certainly do a job if needed and he has to be worth 10 mil plus.

I worry about his previous cruciate ligament injury (I've no idea what the likely hood is of a recurrence of that injury), and as I recall he had another fairly lengthy injury before that (around a month out). I really do rate him as a player and would like to see him a squad member and I think he is way above the level of Derby, if it's deemed he needs to be moved on to create a space in the squad and reduce wages I hope that he can do a lot better for himself than Derby. Difficult to put a price on his worth with the current levels of financial obesity in football.

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

James was up there as one of our best player in the Championship. In the Premiership he was one of the few who was comfortable on the Ball. The fact that we were bottom of the league had more to do with the tactics being used rather than some of our Players. Once we switched to width we were beating all comers.

James has always been a better player than DD. If he hasn't lost too much pace which from what you read from his performances for Barnsley then he should be fine.

I'm sure he's going to get plenty of opportunity in the pre season games to re establish himself.

I'd prefer if we kept him as he can certainly do a job if needed and he has to be worth 10 mil plus.

lollol on what evidence?

On the evidence of his performances in the Championship when we came up. He was the one player we had who showed the quality required to make it in the Premiership.

If memory serves me right DD wasn't even selected for quite a while during that season.

41 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

On the evidence of his performances in the Championship when we came up. He was the one player we had who showed the quality required to make it in the Premiership.

If memory serves me right DD wasn't even selected for quite a while during that season.

47 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

DD started 43 games, James 28.

James was better in the great escape year though.

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

lollol on what evidence?

For me he was always more important, better is hard to quantify as they were both quality on their day. James I would say was more consistent, DD as we know is very up and down. One good season, one bad. When James wasn't in the team we always seemed to struggle, i'd wager the win % show that as well when not in the team. He was statistically better than DD, but obviously that's only part of the story.

16 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

In your opinion, I think they both played to a similar standard in the Prem he offers very little poor mans Gareth Barry

Fuchs me.  If you are going to set the bar that high, most midfielders will fall short of Barry's standard.

Just now, MGLCFC said:

Got to give the bloke a chance. Worst case scenario he isn't up to it and we sell in January. Best case scenario, he saves us millions.

In Hong Kong we play Palace, WBA & Liverpool

Surely that will give us an idea

3 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Wasn't Drinkwater second in the POTY awards that year? James was fantastic also though. 

Not quite sure we 'ditched' James either. He was forced out of a team who were finally getting their act together with a horror injury. 

27 minutes ago, Wdywd said:

DD started 43 games, James 28.

James was better in the great escape year though.

Wasn't James suspended 2 or 3 times that season and also injured which may account for him missing some games.

Anyway they're both good players in their own right, i just think James has a that little extra to his all round game. Hopefully he has a good preseason and we'll get to see him back soon. is it next week the friendly's start .?

1 minute ago, David Guiza said:

Wasn't Drinkwater second in the POTW awards that year? James was fantastic also though. 

Not quite sure we 'ditched' James either. He was forced out of a team who were finally getting their act together with a horror injury. 

Not quite sure of the POTW but he certainly had a good season.

James wasn't ditched, he was actually doing better at the time of his injury. He and Cambi were working well together.

I'd just like to see us give him a real chance here before making a final decision on his future with us.

Archived