Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

Safe Standing Survey Results

On 7/23/2017 at 19:38, Union FS said:

The results of our 'Safe Standing' survey are now available via the following link.

http://www.unionfs.co.uk/safe-standing-survey.html

We will be taking copies on the report to key personnel at LCFC in the near future for their review.

If you have any further comments or questions on the subject of safe standing, or the report itself, please get in touch via [email protected].

Up The City 

Union FS

Great work from Union FS lets hope the club take notice.

3 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Heard reports of non season ticket holders going in L1 on Friday next expecting to sit down, plenty of moaning in both directions by the sounds of things. Eradicated instantly by designated standing areas. 

lol Brilliant that people went in there expecting to sit down the entire game. Have these people been to a home game before?

32 minutes ago, promised land said:

Why would they take notice of some inconclusive survey done by a small group of fans?

The fact each person could enter multiple times means the results are not a true statement.

It's an imperfect survey for sure. I wouldn't claim it to be an accurate representation of the fanbase, but what it does suggest is that a not-insignificant number of fans are interested in the issue.

What's needed is for the club to conduct their own survey. If they find interest is high enough - which I suspect they will - then they ought to feel obliged to keep the issue on the agenda.

• Like 1

Hugely dissapointed with tonight’s ‘discussion’, no real substance or argument able to be put forward by Jack (??) from union fs thanks to sloppy hosting.

A serious open discussion needs to be had by all when it comes to safe standing. It works on the continent so why not here. I stood in SK1 for the first time with the Union FS crowd and applaud the effort they go to generate more atmosphere in the ground. Very disappointed that the club do not seem to listen...

• Like 2

I loved standing in the Kop.  When we played Yeovil I enjoyed standing on the terrace.  Would I be in favour of standing?  Absolutely.  Will it ever happen?  Not in a month of Sundays.  The club are not interested in dialogue as it just simply will never happen.

The safe standing argument just isn’t there to be made i’m afraid and a fans survey holds no weight as fans didn’t want standing removed in the first place.

The unfortunate truth is that nobody had enough of an issue with the safety of the terraces before Hillsborough so the overriding argument will always come back to that.  Can the FA in good faith, allow standing areas in the grounds and risk another disaster?  Regardless of how ‘safe’ you make a standing area, one accident or incident and the liability the FA would face would be unheard of.

One final point.  The discussion on here is all very civilised about this subject.  The reality is, the terraces were never that, and if we all think that football fans would universally obey and observe rules and regulations laid out by the stadium and the club in regards to a safe standing area, that’s just naivety of the highest degree.  The club know it, the FA know it. So it will never happen regardless of how much noise any fan group of any club make.

1 hour ago, Kp1984 said:

Il stand if I have to if people are standing in front of me I don’t mind. But if people are sitting I’m fine with that to not botherd long as I can watch and back the city ?

It's not like the whole stadium would be standing. Personally I'd be massively in favour of a standing section but at the same time clamping down on standing in the seating area, just to be fair. 

4 hours ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

I loved standing in the Kop.  When we played Yeovil I enjoyed standing on the terrace.  Would I be in favour of standing?  Absolutely.  Will it ever happen?  Not in a month of Sundays.  The club are not interested in dialogue as it just simply will never happen.

The safe standing argument just isn’t there to be made i’m afraid and a fans survey holds no weight as fans didn’t want standing removed in the first place.

The unfortunate truth is that nobody had enough of an issue with the safety of the terraces before Hillsborough so the overriding argument will always come back to that.  Can the FA in good faith, allow standing areas in the grounds and risk another disaster?  Regardless of how ‘safe’ you make a standing area, one accident or incident and the liability the FA would face would be unheard of.

One final point.  The discussion on here is all very civilised about this subject.  The reality is, the terraces were never that, and if we all think that football fans would universally obey and observe rules and regulations laid out by the stadium and the club in regards to a safe standing area, that’s just naivety of the highest degree.  The club know it, the FA know it. So it will never happen regardless of how much noise any fan group of any club make.

But there is no risk!

When you have a solid barrier on every row (that's what safe standing is) it's not physically possible for there to be the kind of crush that occurred at Hillsborough.

• Like 1

It can't be said enough times but Safe standing is entirely different to terracing - terracing isn't that different to previous era's stands but safe standing combines the best of all seater stadiums with terracing. There's almost a 0% crushing chance due to every seat having an independent 'crush' barrier. A visual comparison immediately outlines the difference.

.image.jpg

261_1_1230133280.jpg

The two are completely different  - calls to reintroduce "safe standing" are wrong because safe standing hasn't been available in England before. Safe standing is a separate entity to what terraces in England offered before

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Wookie said:

It can't be said enough times but Safe standing is entirely different to terracing - terracing isn't that different to previous era's stands but safe standing combines the best of all seater stadiums with terracing. There's almost a 0% crushing chance due to every seat having an independent 'crush' barrier. A visual comparison immediately outlines the difference.

.image.jpg

261_1_1230133280.jpg

The two are completely different  - calls to reintroduce "safe standing" are wrong because safe standing hasn't been available in England before. Safe standing is a separate entity to what terraces in England offered before

This is the point. It can never be 0% which is why it’ll never happen.

10 hours ago, Harry - LCFC said:

But there is no risk!

When you have a solid barrier on every row (that's what safe standing is) it's not physically possible for there to be the kind of crush that occurred at Hillsborough.

You can never completely eliminate risk, only minimise it in this situation.  There are too many variables that cant be controlled.

I’d love it to happen but I cant see a scenario where the powers that be take that leap of faith.  All the discussions etc are all just lip service.

Still shocks me that the only argument people have against safe standing is a fundamental misunderstanding of what it is. 

The club may well be opposed at this moment due to financial costs of installing it as I presume that will require expensive changes at our ground to solidify the foundations, but any other argument or mention of Hillsborough is just wrong. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sammy said:

Still shocks me that the only argument people have against safe standing is a fundamental misunderstanding of what it is. 

The club may well be opposed at this moment due to financial costs of installing it as I presume that will require expensive changes at our ground to solidify the foundations, but any other argument or mention of Hillsborough is just wrong. 

Not really, as it's bolted to the existing concrete that the current seats are bolted to. The problem is Hillsborough and, stupid as it sounds, it probably won't get installed until the the Hillsborough committee either agree to it or are no longer consulted on football ground safety.  

1 hour ago, yorkie1999 said:

Not really, as it's bolted to the existing concrete that the current seats are bolted to. The problem is Hillsborough and, stupid as it sounds, it probably won't get installed until the the Hillsborough committee either agree to it or are no longer consulted on football ground safety.  

To be fair, some of the victim's relatives have gone public with their support of rail seating recently. Frustratingly, it's never the ones the press go to when they want a comment on the issue.

1 hour ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

It is but that isnt a road to go down.  

People are already doing that every week, in their tens of thousands, up and down the country. The government ignoring the case for rail seating by claiming standing in seated areas doesn't happen is pure negligence which, ironically, could lead to another tragedy if action isn't taken.

16 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

People are already doing that every week, in their tens of thousands, up and down the country. The government ignoring the case for rail seating by claiming standing in seated areas doesn't happen is pure negligence which, ironically, could lead to another tragedy if action isn't taken.

What I meant is that if people try and use

that as an argument (that it already happens), it’s more likely to lead to a clampdown on standing in a seating section rather than the authorisation of safe standing.

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

To be fair, some of the victim's relatives have gone public with their support of rail seating recently. Frustratingly, it's never the ones the press go to when they want a comment on the issue.

That's fair enough, obviously they see the benefit of a modern protective system, realise that if it had been about in 89' maybe things would have turned out differently and not just dismiss it out of hand. But, as you say, the press don't look for the positives and are only looking for a negative reaction.