Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RumbleFox

Premier League clubs vote to move transfer deadline from 2018-19

13 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Premier league clubs will just make it clear that they will be closed for business.

Closed for business doesnt mean closed for business whilst PSG, Barca & Real want one of your players, if they decide they want someone it happens generally and wont care if you cant get anyone in if they have he money and the need for that player. Meanwhile said English club loses their best player and cant get anyone in.

If everyone was in it would make sense, this is unnecessary isolation. The argument of better preparation for the season goes out the window if Roma put in £40m for Riyad or Bayern took Sanchez after our window shut

1 hour ago, TheyCallMeMrCarbohydrate said:

Obviously I'm speculating here, but it seemed as though Sanchez was unprepared to play for whilst they was a possibility that he could go elsewhere. If he's able to do that for the first few games of the season what's to stop him doing it for six months until Arsenal agree to let him go?

To go back to my main point though, and again I could be wrong on this, but I thought restrictions on buying and selling players during the season were to protect the integrity of the various leagues and to prevent the bigger clubs using their extra clout to gain an unfair advantage over the smaller clubs whether in reality or perception.

But my point on Sanchez refusing to play is that  maybe he felt pressured to take that stance due to the limited time frame he'd be available for transfer - he was trying to force a move.

37 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Premier league clubs will just make it clear that they will be closed for business.

Did you really think through what you said?

Makes no sense when all the other top European clubs can still be circling around players which might affect their form on the pitch.

It's a lose-lose situation for the premier league. 

22 minutes ago, Adster said:

Makes no sense when all the other top European clubs can still be circling around players which might affect their form on the pitch.

To be fair Mourinho said something similar.

I get the feeling it's all going to get very messy; like clubs buying big and buying early (maybe replacements for players they expect to be sold later). Could see some overstocked squads.

2 minutes ago, Royston. said:

would it mean premier league clubs cant buy or sell (duh) so foreign cúnts cant buy their players because our league is closed for business?

Transfer window is basically just time where registration to the local FA and FIFA can be done by clubs in that country, as the Silva situation has shown

This shows when the windows are open at the moment - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transfer_window

Clubs can immediately sell to anyone in a country where the window is open regardless of their own window. Everyone needs to go by pre-season starts and window shuts for this plan to actually work the way its been sold.

11 minutes ago, Royston. said:

would it mean premier league clubs cant buy or sell (duh) so foreign cúnts cant buy their players because our league is closed for business?

no it would mean for example Mahrez is sold to Roma after our deadline is passed and we are not allowed to sign anyone to replace him

34 minutes ago, Adster said:

Not if the club made it clear to the squad and as a policy no offers will be accepted once our window is closed.

They players are under contract, what say do they have absolutely none.

This is amazing news. When I first heard this was up for discussion I feared that the rich and powerful clubs would block it, because they have the ability to defend themselves from poaching.

If we lived in a perfect, law abiding world, this wouldn't be such a problem. However, since tapping players, while illegal, is the norm, ending the transfers before the competitions actually start is a must. It unsettles players, it creates instability in the squad, and could damage an entire season.

4 hours ago, the fox said:

And start a bigger one? Its unfair that the other leagues have almost 3 weeks to make the players strongarm their club

That won't last. The consensus everywhere b most clubs is that this long a transfer season is too much. As reported, Germany is thinking about following suit, as are we. I suspect France will too, even if PSG won't want to. My main concern is Spain, and the power that both RM and Barça have. But I suspect, if push comes to shove, they can be forced to change or face consequences, like hiked prices, or fines by UEFA.

2 hours ago, SpazticChicken said:

Closed for business doesnt mean closed for business whilst PSG, Barca & Real want one of your players, if they decide they want someone it happens generally and wont care if you cant get anyone in if they have he money and the need for that player. Meanwhile said English club loses their best player and cant get anyone in.

If everyone was in it would make sense, this is unnecessary isolation. The argument of better preparation for the season goes out the window if Roma put in £40m for Riyad or Bayern took Sanchez after our window shut

You have a simple solution for that, you don't sell. Clubs like that cannot sustain multiple  signings in the hundreds of millions. Besides, since FIFA and UEFA are considering serious revisions to the Financial Fair Play rules, which are clearly inadequate, I foresee that the transfer market will be much more stable in a few years' time.

Guest BlueBrett
2 hours ago, Adster said:

It will change the climate though. It's kind of acceptable at the moment for a player to hand in a transfer request or make noises like they want to move on during the window even though it's abrasive for the fans of the club they play for. I feel like it will be different if our inbound window closed while others were still open. The majority of players would probably realise that to kick up a stink after this time could potentially be really dangerous for them. 'doing a mahrez' is a risky gambit at the best of times but after the cut off it would literally be like get the move and be hated for sure but whatever or become a total pariah if nothing comes off because it's obvious fans and the club won't forgive something like that when they know the player knows there's no hope of them being replaced. A few horrible deals will probably go through but in the main I think players will respect it.

14 Clubs also agreed on there being no movement once the season kicks off, so why would they then go against a decision that probably hasn't been took likely by allowing European clubs to pick them off, ain't going to happen... the other 5 clubs that didn't want it to happen can happily lose players after the deadline if they wish too European teams but that makes no odds to the other 14 who will more than likely be at an advantage.

Anyone know what Burnley voted for? lol Grovel making a stand.

54 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

14 Clubs also agreed on there being no movement once the season kicks off, so why would they then go against a decision that probably hasn't been took likely by allowing European clubs to pick them off, ain't going to happen... the other 5 clubs that didn't want it to happen can happily lose players after the deadline if they wish too European teams but that makes no odds to the other 14 who will more than likely be at an advantage.

Anyone know what Burnley voted for? lol Grovel making a stand.

They abstained, from what I read.

I'd wager the clubs that voted against are both the Manchester clubs, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal.

2 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

this is pretty moronic tbh, essentially sitting ducks if your top players have release clauses. Shouldn't effect us too much, but nothing would stop Barca activating a clause to Coutinho and Pool would be up shit creek without a paddle 

Well with contracts that will drawn up post this ruling you just insert a clause in the buyout terms that says a buying club can only activate it if the offer is submitted within the PL transfer window.

3 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

this is pretty moronic tbh, essentially sitting ducks if your top players have release clauses. Shouldn't effect us too much, but nothing would stop Barca activating a clause to Coutinho and Pool would be up shit creek without a paddle 

They could have done it when the market was open, and yet they didn't.

If this becomes the norm, I expect clubs will simply increase those clauses.

4 hours ago, Jimmy said:

no it would mean for example Mahrez is sold to Roma after our deadline is passed and we are not allowed to sign anyone to replace him

Indeed.

So not a lot has changed really, it's just a protection for smaller clubs, whose players are less likely to be snatched up by big foreign teams.

2 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

And that's bad because...?

Archived