Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

Wait, are you claiming that battling ISIS isn't a just war? I mean, they're the closest thing we've got to a definitive good guy/bad guy separation (like the Nazis were). I consider myself pretty pasifistic but surely there's no argument against fighting an insane death cult like IS?

2 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Wait, are you claiming that battling ISIS isn't a just war? I mean, they're the closest thing we've got to a definitive good guy/bad guy separation (like the Nazis were). I consider myself pretty pasifistic but surely there's no argument against fighting an insane death cult like IS?

I meant just as in "only" 

12 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

I think your definition of "good guy" needs looking at.

11 minutes ago, FIF said:

I think your definition of "good guy" needs looking at.

Eh, in this context the west are pretty clearly good guys given, y'know, they're not calling for ethno-religious genocide and murdering anyone who doesn't fulfil their ideals but rather promoting a multicultural society with a wide and open range of ideals and beliefs. 

20 minutes ago, the fox said:

I meant just as in "only" 

Fair enough.

• Like 2

They are the Victor Frankenstein type of "good guys". As in, create a monster then try to kill him when he turns on you and claim the title of the knight in shining armor when the dust settles.

That's what most of them are! A bunch of Victor Frankensteins

56 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Eh, in this context the west are pretty clearly good guys given, y'know, they're not calling for ethno-religious genocide and murdering anyone who doesn't fulfil their ideals but rather promoting a multicultural society with a wide and open range of ideals and beliefs. 

You keep telling yourself that Doc.

I guess Putin and Russia are good guys too given that definition. After all they've been and still are fighting those black hatted ISIS fighters too.

rah rah putin and the West.

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 17:27, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

I wouldn't agree that all of it, but some of it is brilliant and bluegrass with a quick-picking banjo player is good for the soul. Love it

These are the gods of the twilight of traditional bluegrass.  Saw them last summer :blink: They blew me away, and I'm not even a country fan -- just some of the best musicians I've heard in ages.

Their lineage goes back directly into the original (Lester) Flatt and (Earl) Scruggs band.  My unpopular opinion:  the pun they chose for their moniker proves us yanks DO know how to pronounce a certain east Midlands city name.

Edited by KingsX
  • Like 1

I quite like MK Dons. Not how they came about obviously - that will never be allowed to happen again - but really good stadium, always hospitable to the media, do a lot of good work in the community, working hard to change perceptions etc. I get why there's bad feeling towards them but at what point do the wider football world just let them crack on.

On 21/03/2018 at 23:03, the fox said:

Most of the people who are totally sane and 100% physically capable have no leg to stand on when they get shot for not following the officere's orders.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-22/graphic-taser-footage-damages-confidence-in-wa-police/9577740

17 hours ago, FIF said:

I've previously stated that the unemployed should be required to work part-time in the community until they find jobs but realise since we are a caring nation that it is impossible to force them to do that - if they say "no, I'm not picking up litter" what can we do about it? We can't suspend their payments can we?

So my new proposal to clean up Britain's streets and beaches and forests etc... is to give prisoners the option of supervised day leave to clean these areas, if they say "no" then they can just stay in their cells. Maybe they'll profit from a day out and the dirty country can profit too.

It seems as though you equate unemployment with being a criminal?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ozleicester said:

That's way overboard but to be fair, he asked him to step out and he gave him a warning about getting tased. And the guy at the back (who's filming) kept making a complicated situation worse.

Not excusing what the officer did because he didn't handle it the best he could but it was simple, Just step out of the vehicle. Honestly, there are a lot worse situations and vids that you could've linked that would show police brutality. 

What I'm talking about is a fatal gunshot. Police officers are always on their heals. From your POV of a civilian, it may look like the PO is too aggressive but you don't understand that everytime a PO is approaching a vehicle, he has those lingering thoughts about "what if the guy I'm approaching is carrying a deadly weapon?" the thought of risking getting murdered every time while trying to do your job can put anyone on edge. 

Do you think most of those guys like to handle those situations the hard way? they would rather sit on a desk than having to deal with other people on their edge. Just put yourself in their shoes. approaching a car after a long shift knowing well the person inside that vehicle can kill you. The last thing you want to do is finishing your shift bleeding out on the side of the road like a raccoon. No one wants to kiss the dirt. 

But let's be fair here. There are some narcissistic individuals who abuse the badge to get a kick out of it. And those people need to be dealt with.

The sad thing is, there are some great cops out there who do their job to the best of their ability just to be branded as abusers because some irritated PO tased a guy?

Honestly, there is a case for both sides in this argument. Both sides (civilians and cops) don't look at the perspective of the other side enough and both see each other mostly as a headache.

Edited by the fox

2 minutes ago, the fox said:

That's way overboard but to be fair, he asked him to step out and he gave him a warning about getting tased. And the guy at the back (who's filming) kept making a complicated situation worse.

Not excusing what the officer did because he didn't handle it the best he could but it was simple, Just step out of the vehicle. Honestly, there are a lot worse situations and vids that you could've linked that would show police brutality. 

What I'm talking about is a fatal gunshot. Police officers are always on their heals. From your POV of the civilian, it may sound like the PO is too aggressive but you don't understand that everytime a PO is approaching a vehicle, he has those lingering thoughts about "what if the guy I'm approaching is carrying a deadly weapon?" the thought of risking getting murdered every time while trying to do your job can put anyone on edge. 

Do you think most of those guys like to handle those situations the hard way? they would rather sit on a desk than having to deal with other people on their edge. Just put yourself in their shoes. approaching a car after a long shift knowing well the person inside that vehicle can kill you. The last thing you want to do is finishing your shift bleeding on the side of the road like a raccoon. No one wants to kiss the dirt. 

But let's be fair here. There are some narcissistic individuals who abuse the badge to get a kick out of it. And those people need to be dealt with.

The sad thing is, there are some great cops out there who do their job to the best of their ability just to be branded as abusers because some irritated PO tased a guy?

Honestly, there is a case for both sides in this argument. Both sides (civilians and cops) don't look at the perspective of the other side enough and both see each other mostly as a headache.

The police have a very difficult job, no question. But, they are not all squeaky clean, there are many who are power crazed and dangerous individuals who hide their abuse behind a badge.

They didnt just taser the guy, they then lied about what happened and falsified evidence and reports to cover it up. They had other police lie for them..and as it happened, the other police were too scared of the "tasing officer" to stop him. Then the police union (and make no mistake im a unionist) backed the guy up and propagated the lies.

We should all have the right to walk or drive the streets in safety, the police on this and many other occasions (Read the other stories below the report) take their "power" over the line, I have been pulled over and asked to show my licence etc.. for no reason. We should all be able to refuse unfair requests without the threat of violence from jumped up "officers".

Innocent until proven guilty is how we should all be treated and uniformed thugs walking the streets demanding your "papers" or else, is a recipe for disaster. 

18 hours ago, the fox said:

like innocent people aren't dying right now! and it's not just in Iraq.

Wymes mate, it's not just a war, it's a business deal. The UK won't pull-out because when the dust settles and it's time to share the wealth , everyone will want a piece of the pie. It's too late to back down now.

The UK been there before ISIS. Tony Blair talked about how they are there to help the world take down saddam and i quote "disarm iraq of it's weapons of mass destruction". the same WMDs that were never found....... surprise surprise. 

All of the this started because of human look-alike, oil hungry ogors. they spilled the blood of many innocent people to gain money, sell their weapons and get all the oil and gas they want.

You can't just start (or at least help start) such a thing and just turn around and say "oopsy daisy, pack up lads we're leaving". Little kids died there! People who had nothing to do with anything lost their lifes! Blown up, shot like cattle and gassed to death! They made orphans, disabled human beings and grown people who can't write or read, for what? Some DAMN OIL!

Completely different scenario to fighting ISIS. The UKs footprint in Iraq and Afghanistan is tiny in comparison to what it has been compared to the past 15 years. It couldn’t be any clearer that we don’t want to be there. 

If you can educate me further @the fox, I’d be delighted. 

Edited by Leeds Fox

32 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

The police have a very difficult job, no question. But, they are not all squeaky clean, there are many who are power crazed and dangerous individuals who hide their abuse behind a badge.

They didnt just taser the guy, they then lied about what happened and falsified evidence and reports to cover it up. They had other police lie for them..and as it happened, the other police were too scared of the "tasing officer" to stop him. Then the police union (and make no mistake im a unionist) backed the guy up and propagated the lies.

We should all have the right to walk or drive the streets in safety, the police on this and many other occasions (Read the other stories below the report) take their "power" over the line, I have been pulled over and asked to show my licence etc.. for no reason. We should all be able to refuse unfair requests without the threat of violence from jumped up "officers".

Innocent until proven guilty is how we should all be treated and uniformed thugs walking the streets demanding your "papers" or else, is a recipe for disaster. 

We both agree that there are power abusers inside the police force so there is no point discussing that matter.

They backed the PO because saying that the officer abused his authority in that situation will only put their backs on the wall. The guy who was driving the car refused to adhere to the officer's orders, put his hand on an authority figure and flat out shamed him for being "jealous and "too poor" to afford that car.

What are they supposed to say? "yeh, the driver wasn't the most cooperative, put his hands on one of our men and used demining insults to try and embarrass a guy who was trying to do his job but it's our mistake"?

Yes, you should. And the officer is also allowed to carry on with his business and expect corporation. He didn't ask for money, he asked for the guy to step outside the vehicle. And yes I read the other stories. Some of them are obviously a case of power abuse but the guy who refused to go in a cell to be searched should've just done that. The POs were afraid he was carrying a gun, or even worse, a bomb. The situation could've been avoided if the guy just followed orders.

Yes, it's inconvenient for most civilians but it's not like criminals are driving around with neon light signs pointing at them. It's a crapshoot, sometimes you hit, sometimes you miss.  The people who complain about the police pulling them aside are the same ones to complain about how a criminal was able to drive for 2 years without being arrested. Not all the drunks look drunk and not all the people with illegal guns point them out of the window for everyone to see.

And that's why they ask for your papers instead of just arresting you (or at least most of them do). How can they know who's innocent and how's guilty? Like I said, just a crapshoot.

32 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Completely different scenario to fighting ISIS. The UKs footprint in Iraq and Afghanistan is tiny in comparison to what it has been compared to the past 15 years. It couldn’t be any clearer that we don’t want to be there. 

If you can educate me further @the fox, I’d be delighted. 

They went there, turned the country into hell on earth (not talking about just the UK here). Shook the area even further creating some of the prominent terrorist groups that we have now by arming radical minorities and the shockwaves they sent down that area descended neighboring countries into chaos (mainly Syria and Yemen). they backed the tyrants of Saudi Arabie who are now committing war crimes, gassing and bombing innocent people. They sell their weapons to "jihadists", mercenaries and "governments" alike. They used crazy people to influence the public opinion and dehumanize and vilify the people of the middle east. no one cared about the casualties at the time but now they want to wash their hands and act like pacifists

they mourn their dead but couldn't save a tear for the ones they slaughtered. They cry and hug their kids before sleep but didn't think about the parents who picked their children piece by piece! limb by limb! scrapped their skin off the walls and scrubbed their blood off the floor! And now they want to act like decent human beings? Nah! Not in a million years.

(again, not just the UK I'm talking about but all the parties participating. mainly the US)

You can't just walk away now! People need to stand in court for their war crimes. They need to pay. This is not a public restroom. You can't just take a shit and leave. 

Is pulling forces now supposed to be a gesture of good will? they are fleeing responsibility after turning the middle east into a war zone.

3 hours ago, the fox said:

We both agree that there are power abusers inside the police force so there is no point discussing that matter.

They backed the PO because saying that the officer abused his authority in that situation will only put their backs on the wall. The guy who was driving the car refused to adhere to the officer's orders, put his hand on an authority figure and flat out shamed him for being "jealous and "too poor" to afford that car.

No he didnt touch the officer, the INDEPENDENT crime commision found. Its a lie that the police and union designed.

What are they supposed to say? "yeh, the driver wasn't the most cooperative, put his hands on one of our men and used demining insults to try and embarrass a guy who was trying to do his job but it's our mistake"?

He didnt, the officer should be mature enough to laugh off pathetic insults

Yes, you should. And the officer is also allowed to carry on with his business and expect corporation. He didn't ask for money, he asked for the guy to step outside the vehicle. And yes I read the other stories. Some of them are obviously a case of power abuse but the guy who refused to go in a cell to be searched should've just done that. The POs were afraid he was carrying a gun, or even worse, a bomb. The situation could've been avoided if the guy just followed orders.

If you done nothing wrong , youve nothing to fear is the bullshit trotted out... this guy done nothing wrong and has been tasered

Yes, it's inconvenient for most civilians but it's not like criminals are driving around with neon light signs pointing at them. It's a crapshoot, sometimes you hit, sometimes you miss.  The people who complain about the police pulling them aside are the same ones to complain about how a criminal was able to drive for 2 years without being arrested. Not all the drunks look drunk and not all the people with illegal guns point them out of the window for everyone to see.

So you are comfortable to be pulled over and asked to explain yourself at anytime?

And that's why they ask for your papers instead of just arresting you (or at least most of them do). How can they know who's innocent and how's guilty? Like I said, just a crapshoot.

Innocent until proven guilty... or at least until i behave in an illegal fashion

It seems you are perfectly comfortable to live in a police state, 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ozleicester said:

It seems as though you equate unemployment with being a criminal?

Not at all.

I think that people should be productive for society and the community and not get a free ride.

I think that the UK in some places is very dirty and nobody is doing anything about it.

I can't see any similarities between being unemployed and being a criminal. Strange accusation.

19 minutes ago, Buce said:

I think Algeria probably is a police state.

No lol It's the People's Democratic Republic of Algeria.

I'm happy to respect the authorities and follow instructions that are in place to make sure order is intact. People get pulled over and it rarely becomes a problem. (The POs rarely pull you over if you don't drive over the limit, don't wear your seatbelts or have a bad light)

We laugh with the police and the respect is mutual. they ask you to pull aside, they see your papers and if it's all good they will let you go on with your day. They even let small incidents like driving a bit over the limit or a bad light slide occasionally

The way you treat a policeman is the what determines how you will be treated. 

16 minutes ago, FIF said:

Not at all.

I think that people should be productive for society and the community and not get a free ride.

I think that the UK in some places is very dirty and nobody is doing anything about it.

I can't see any similarities between being unemployed and being a criminal. Strange accusation.

You commented that the unemployed should be made to clean up... then said, they wont do it, so prisoners should. So you are (imo) putting them on a similar plane?

5 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

You commented that the unemployed should be made to clean up... then said, they wont do it, so prisoners should. So you are (imo) putting them on a similar plane?

Well I could have prefaced that with everyone should clean up - so I guess we are all criminals following your logic.

In case you really can't see the only link that could be inferred, it's that both the unemployed and criminals have the apparent free time to clean up and both receive "benefits" from the government/society for not working/being productive for society.

Really think you must be looking hard for problems to come up with the accusation you did.

1 minute ago, FIF said:

Well I could have prefaced that with everyone should clean up - so I guess we are all criminals following your logic.

In case you really can't see the only link that could be inferred, it's that both the unemployed and criminals have the apparent free time to clean up and both receive "benefits" from the government/society for not working/being productive for society.

Really think you must be looking hard for problems to come up with the accusation you did.

Well no, if you had said everyone i wouldnt have reached the conclusion i did. It was the fact that the only people you chose to single out, were criminals and the umemployed.