Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

51 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

It seems you are perfectly comfortable to live in a police state, 

lol No, I'm not. It's called respecting the law.

He didnt, the officer should be mature enough to laugh off pathetic insults

Oh really? Laugh it off just like that? So, why can't the driver just laugh off being pulled over and let the PO do his job? It was just some questions he had to answer and it would've taken 10-15 minutes of his time, max.

If you done nothing wrong , youve nothing to fear is the bullshit trotted out... this guy done nothing wrong and has been tasered

So, refusing to adhere to a PO orders by not stepping out and making physical contact isn't wrong? What if the guy had a weapon on him? You don't expect the PO to read minds and know people's intentions, do you? He told him to step out, and he didn't. He even warned him that he will be tased but he still refused to step out. 

So you are comfortable to be pulled over and asked to explain yourself at anytime?

Yes! it may become a hassle but if it means that it helps catch more criminals then why not? If I have done nothing wrong I will be off to do my business in 5-10 minutes. tThey are just doing their job.

Innocent until proven guilty... or at least until i behave in an illegal fashion

You are not being questioned for murder, it's just a routine check. It's maybe a bothersome procedure for you but it will help catch the real criminals.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, FIF said:

Well I could have prefaced that with everyone should clean up - so I guess we are all criminals following your logic.

In case you really can't see the only link that could be inferred, it's that both the unemployed and criminals have the apparent free time to clean up and both receive "benefits" from the government/society for not working/being productive for society.

Really think you must be looking hard for problems to come up with the accusation you did.

FIF suggesting that the people with free time should do something benefiting the public instead of being stuck in a cell or a bed and people acting like he's talking about flying monkeys lol

13 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Well no, if you had said everyone i wouldnt have reached the conclusion i did. It was the fact that the only people you chose to single out, were criminals and the umemployed.

So do you understand your mistake now?

I think Southgate is a really good fit for the current England squad/job.

I think he was bang on the money with his comments about racism. Proud that we have a manager who had the balls to say it.

30 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Just a shame he has zero idea about you know.. football stuff. 

Which is probably why he's a good fit for the present England job.

4 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Not gonna lie @the fox talking about the cops sounds like an abused partner defending their other half.  "But they're nice when we're alone".

Never had a problem with the police. I treated them with respect and they did the same for me. I have a fair number of friends with cop fathers so it helped me see them as more than just a uniform. Just because some of them are power abusers doesn't mean all of them are bad. Most of them just want to get the work over with nd go home. 

Just now, ozleicester said:

Barring a few episodes, Red Dwarf isnt that good, and the last couple of series are actually bad.

True enough... when it was good (Dwayne Dibbley) it was very very good but when it was bad it was meh. I don't think it's aged well to be fair to it, and certainly the later series are to be avoided, but it gave me a good chuckle many's a time back in the day.

19 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Barring a few episodes, Red Dwarf isnt that good, and the last couple of series are actually bad.

15 minutes ago, CarbonVirtine said:

True enough... when it was good (Dwayne Dibbley) it was very very good but when it was bad it was meh. I don't think it's aged well to be fair to it, and certainly the later series are to be avoided, but it gave me a good chuckle many's a time back in the day.

In all honesty, it's pretty rare that popular comedy shows age well. There are a few exceptions, but most age badly IMO.

Just now, leicsmac said:

In all honesty, it's pretty rare that popular comedy shows age well. There are a few exceptions, but most age badly IMO.

Trying to rack my brain and the only shows I can think of that Are still funny are Only fools and horses and blackadder. 

2 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Fools and Horses was brilliant to start with then started to get embarrassing ...   

Dads Army was superb and stayed that way till the end ...   mind you most of the stars died before they could do another series ...   :)

P.S.  I’m not THAT old ! ...

4 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Trying to rack my brain and the only shows I can think of that Are still funny are Only fools and horses and blackadder. 

Fawlty Towers still makes me PMSL

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Series 1-6 are good... the rest can get in the bin!

Yeah.

It became crap after one of the writers left (Grant Naylor?).

49 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Been re-watching some old he Good Life episodes recently and that was still great, minus the occasional casual 70s racism! Only Fools isn't void of that though.

Still think 90s/early 2000s had some of the best comedies, Red Dwarf, Black Books, Ab-Fab, Vicar of Dibley. Could even argue that Peep Show creeps into the early 2000s bracket but that's clutching at straws a little. 

Also, I thought some of the episodes in the most recent series of Red Dwarf were back to form. 

Edited by David Guiza