Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

5 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

it’s easily the most aesthetically pleasing over head kick i’ve ever seen. gets up really high, no hint of a shin/outside of the boot, flies into the corner on the full. superb. 

Eh, if it wasn't Ronaldo and people that don't like Ronaldo weren't downplaying it, you wouldn't give much of a toss. You're as contrary as they're being. 

It was great but so was Can's, Benteke's, Rooney's, Muzzy's, Zlatan's, Crouchy's, they always look good tbf. 

Personally I love Shinji's vs Newcastle because he managed to make even something as spectacular as a bicycle kick look scruffy as **** but that's just me. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Eh, if it wasn't Ronaldo and people that don't like Ronaldo weren't downplaying it, you wouldn't give much of a toss. You're as contrary as they're being. 

It was great but so was Can's, Benteke's, Rooney's, Muzzy's, Zlatan's, Crouchy's, they always look good tbf. 

Personally I love Shinji's vs Newcastle because he managed to make even something as spectacular as a bicycle kick look scruffy as **** but that's just me. 

yeah obviously they always look great but that is the pinnacle. usually it'll come off a shin, it'll be a bit side on, the ball will be coming from a different direction or it'll take a few bounces on its way in.

last night was literally the overhead kicks you'd see in weird cartoon comics or urealistic GOAL type films, that never actually happen. except it did.

2 minutes ago, Wookie said:

Ibrahimovic one is overrated 

Don't embarrass yourself, more people say its overrated in this country than hype it up. You're all just salty because it was scored against you and it was fashionable at the time to pretend Ibra was crap because he hadn't played in England. 

Then be scores a bicycle kick against you from thirty odd yards before signing for United and cleaning up the Prem aged about 52 at a stroll for a laugh. 

Man is arrogant to the point of hilarious but he's also ludicrously good at football. 

Just now, ScouseFox said:

yeah obviously they always look great but that is the pinnacle. usually it'll come off a shin, it'll be a bit side on, the ball will be coming from a different direction or it'll take a few bounces on its way in.

last night was literally the overhead kicks you'd see in weird cartoon comics or urealistic GOAL type films, that never actually happen. except it did.

Yeah he got good height, he's a great athlete, but I'm not convinced all those others I just listed were flukey shins either. 

I mean Can didn't get that height because he didn't need to but the technique and judgement were just disgusting. 

I mean they're all good, it's a stupid argument, I don't know why everything has to be a "best" of something. But let's be honest, this is only being called the best because of current hype. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ScouseFox said:

My reaction as he hit it was to laugh because, like you say, usually you shin them in when you overhead like that.

I saw him do it and thought he'd put it about a mile over the bar and I laughed as I watched it float into the net.

Honestly think it's the best overhead kick I've ever seen.

• Like 1

Zlatan's was overhyped (it was practically into an open goal despite being from 30 yards out) and I was going for Sweden that night!

Dont get me wrong, I love an overhead kick and Zlatan and Ronaldo's goals were great but my argument is that some (on ocassion) are bigged up more than they should be.

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

This forum can get very addictive.

I'd say that one goes in the category of unpopular thing to admit as opposed to unpopular opinion to hold.

Edited by Nalis

On 3/26/2018 at 21:43, Wymeswold fox said:

This forum can be too addictive at times.

3 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

This forum can get very addictive.

You can say that again :)

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

You need to ween yourself off ft @Wymeswold fox

Aye, wouldn't that be a relief...:whistle:

Tbh I think I've posted too much recently and now think about just posting where appropriate (quality over quantity etc).

But it's not easy to when I often use my tablet for both personal and work use and the Foxestalk is on my main homepage.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

8 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Tbh I think I've posted too much recently and now think about just posting where appropriate (quality over quantity etc).

But it's not easy to when I often use my tablet for both personal and work use and the Foxestalk is on my main homepage.

I think a lot of people would benefit from less time on the internet.

Unpopular opinion: the internet has done as much harm as it has good in society. 

5 minutes ago, Rogstanley said:

I think a lot of people would benefit from less time on the internet.

Unpopular opinion: the internet has done as much harm as it has good in society. 

Guess it depends how one defines harm/benefit to society.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Get Mark to limit your posts. :revenge: