Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

35 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

Jonjo Shelvey is arguably the best English centre mid.

I call bollocks. I don't believe anybody could be stupid enough to believe this.

Edited by Guest

Money doesn't necessarily lead to happiness.

Happiness should be what you want from life; but I personally perceive good health, strong friendships etc much more than just £.

Edited by Wymeswold fox
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Happiness should be what you want from life; but I personally perceive good health, strong friendships etc much more than just £.

Image result for happiness leads to success quote

Money would give me great happiness. This is probably just me though as I have zero interest in the standard pursuit of having a family and children. 

Money would give me unlimited free time and the opportunity to do whatever I wanted for the rest of my life. Which would be fantastic. 

Edited by The Bear

5 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Money would give me great happiness. This is probably just me though as I have zero interest in the standard pursuit of having a family and children. 

Money would give me unlimited free time and the opportunity to do whatever I wanted for the rest of my life. Which would be fantastic. 

You mean you can't get a bird, don't you?

Maybe if you started supporting a proper football team...

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Buce said:

You mean you can't get a bird, don't you?

Maybe if you started supporting a proper football team...

No, I've never wanted kids and the thought of being married, stuck with a mortgage, and bills coming out of my arse, makes me glad I have none of that. That life just isn't for me. 

• Like 1

Guest MattP
2 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

I had a lot of money in my 20's, I don't have much now. I'm far happier and content with life now than I was then.

Peace of mind is the biggest thing, problems cause worry and the less of those you have the happier you are, too much money is just something you use to often do things you don't need too. Do travel though if you can and see new places.

Providing you have enough to enjoy things you actually enjoy you'll be fine, health, company and a quest for learning and self-improvement is far more important than a bank balance.

Edited by MattP

6 minutes ago, MattP said:

I had a lot of money in my 20's, I don't have much now. I'm far happier and content with life now than I was then.

Peace of mind is the biggest thing, problems cause worry and the less of those you have the happier you are, too much money is just something you use to often do things you don't need too. Do travel though if you can and see new places.

Providing you have enough to enjoy things you actually enjoy you'll be fine, health, company and a quest for learning and self-improvement is far more important than a bank balance.

I coach a guy who's in his mid forties like me. He's just sold his second business for £12m and probably has over £20m in the bank at a guess.

He's also one of the most stressed and unhappy people I know. He can't sleep at night through worry that he's not investing his money correctly or that he might lose it all if there's a big crash. He worries that his three kids are in the wrong school and that his wife wants to leave him. 

But more than all of that, he worries that he doesn't have a purpose anymore now that he's sold the business. He misses having a team to manage and now he doesn't know what to do with his time.

A great example that money doesn't always make people happy...

£20m in the bank and he doesn’t know what to do with his time? That’s a lotta biatches that need seeing to that’s what I know.

in all seriousness money doesn’t buy happiness I agree. It can help you to get certain things and everything I have I have worked for and I wouldn’t say I have a lot of money. Regardless of what my bank balance says or what assets I own the important things to me are there not because of money but because of hard work and effort. The wife, the child, the impending child.

[/soppybollocks]

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

£20m in the bank and he doesn’t know what to do with his time? That’s a lotta biatches that need seeing to that’s what I know.

in all seriousness money doesn’t buy happiness I agree. It can help you to get certain things and everything I have I have worked for and I wouldn’t say I have a lot of money. Regardless of what my bank balance says or what assets I own the important things to me are there not because of money but because of hard work and effort. The wife, the child, the impending child.

[/soppybollocks]

Congrats in order? When's baby due?

Money doesnt buy happiness but does buy some peace of mind which in turn does help on the happiness scale. But to me its not about being stank arse rich but having enough to feel comfortable and no stress about bills or when you can vacation next etc etc.

Edited by Jattdogg

obviously money makes you happier. if said 20 million pound worth bloke thinks he’s struggling cos he doesn’t have much to do with his day, imagine how much he’d struggle if he had nothing to do with his day. and nothing to eat. and nowhere to live. 

he (or anyone rich) might not be incredibly happy 24/7 but they’re a lot happier than they would be if they were on the dole, they’d still have the same problems with emotions or family or whatever, they just wouldn’t have nice family holidays or expensive counselling sessions to try and sort it out. 

10 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I coach a guy who's in his mid forties like me. He's just sold his second business for £12m and probably has over £20m in the bank at a guess.

He's also one of the most stressed and unhappy people I know. He can't sleep at night through worry that he's not investing his money correctly or that he might lose it all if there's a big crash. He worries that his three kids are in the wrong school and that his wife wants to leave him. 

But more than all of that, he worries that he doesn't have a purpose anymore now that he's sold the business. He misses having a team to manage and now he doesn't know what to do with his time.

A great example that money doesn't always make people happy...

He doesn't need to spend his money on your coaching, Izzy (as valuable as I'm sure it is).

He can just give his millions to me and I'll carry his burden for him.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Royston. said:

Im sure most of the things i worry about can be solved by money.

Bills, housing etc..

Money cant stop loved ones dying or falling ill but theres nothing i can do about that anyway so i dont worry about it.

That's not strictly true.

Statistically, people from poor backgrounds have a reduced life expectancy compared with those from more affluent backgrounds.