Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

I’ll hide it away here: I’m completely meh about promotion, the prospect of playing in the Prem leaves me cold. 

On top of which, going up just continues the ownership of the club and the employment of the dickheads who work there - a financial crisis would’ve changed that. 

So, yey, promotion *makes sound with old clapper*

Just now, LiberalFox said:

Might be an unpopular opinion but I am looking forward to next season. We will know that avoiding relegation is the target. Zero expectation should lead to a more enjoyable season. 

😂😂

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

I’ll hide it away here: I’m completely meh about promotion, the prospect of playing in the Prem leaves me cold. 

On top of which, going up just continues the ownership of the club and the employment of the dickheads who work there - a financial crisis would’ve changed that. 

You are in the right place for a start.

For me, I'm enjoying promotion itself, but I'm not feeling being back in the premier league. I could reel off the list of reasons why but one in particular is when a team like us take the lead against Man Utd or Liverpool but they come back, it's always 'normal service resumed'.

11 hours ago, LiberalFox said:

Might be an unpopular opinion but I am looking forward to next season. We will know that avoiding relegation is the target. Zero expectation should lead to a more enjoyable season. 

That's entirely counter intuitive for football fans.

• Like 1

I'll put on my hard hat for this one.

Palestine and climate change protesters have become completely insufferable since they became seemingly dominated by privately educated trustafarians with seemingly no boundaries.

1 hour ago, Bilo said:

Palestine and climate change protesters have become completely insufferable since they became seemingly dominated by privately educated trustafarians with seemingly no boundaries.

If one is conspiracy minded, one might suspect that is the entire intent of the co-opting of both of those movements in the first place; to make them unpalatable because they pose too much of a threat to the status quo.

Of course, on the latter of the two issues what the protestors are up to pales into the most minute insignificance compared to the consequences of what will happen if what they wish for isn't done.

Edited by leicsmac
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Bilo said:

Agreed. Being involved in the minutiae of scenario analysis of climate impact and court action, its quite galling to see trust fund kids kicking up the biggest stink, ie the biggest obstacle to a just transition. Then again, a majority will decide our fate, that’s democracy and that’s apparently sacrosanct 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Daggers said:

You must be kidding. You’re constantly banging on about non league. This promotion has nothing to do with you 

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

You must be kidding. You’re constantly banging on about non league. This promotion has nothing to do with you 

You are perfectly welcome to dislike my opinion, that’s the nature of the thread - you don’t get to gatekeep my relationship with the club, given my extensive history of attendance stretching over four decades. So, with the greatest of respect, go fvck yourself you ****. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Bilo said:

With regards to Palestine,

I’m inclined to comment that as with most well intentioned and peaceful protests, which everyone should have a right to do no matter what their point, there does seem to be some infiltration by people who have taken it to the next level of vitriolic hatred and some violence. It’s they old adage of them ‘ giving everyone a bad name’.

The general distaste for protestors is a sad and depressing result of a greedy society in decline. Every good change has come about thanks to protestors and often extreme actions.

eit - add pic
Truth behind the death of suffragette Emily Davison is finally revealed |  Social history | The Guardian

Edited by ozleicester
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ozleicester said:

The general distaste for protestors is a sad and depressing result of a greedy society in decline. Every good change has come about thanks to protestors and often extreme actions.

eit - add pic
Truth behind the death of suffragette Emily Davison is finally revealed |  Social history | The Guardian

It’s always been that way though. The media have always managed to repeat the “it’s middle class yuppies protesting” over and over again until people start using it as an out and turning their noses up at the protest and it works time and time again. Someone’s class shouldn’t matter when the protests are against so many unnecessarily dying. It’s easier not to protest and scoff at the protesters and I get that to an extent though, it’s impossible and can be overwhelming to think about these things all the time

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ozleicester said:

eit - add pic

This is a ‘popular’ opinion but completely wrong imo. Protests are a fabric of British society and largely respected. Look at the protests happening at our club now! Fan groups statements on the ST loyalty tax and membership of the trust nearly doubling overnight to protest against the club. Not a bad word to say against them. Media funded idiots like just stop oil etc aren’t protests, they’re just media funded idiots designed to divide.

• Haha 1

On 23/04/2024 at 15:03, foxile5 said:

The booked hourly slots at the gym weren't a bad thing and removed the folks that sit around examining their work-out notebooks and listening to music. You don't need to make notes on your work-out; it isn't a disco.

Why music listeners as well? 

On 28/04/2024 at 14:28, tom27111 said:

In what way?

Weren't they complete con-men that ended up in prison?

On 28/04/2024 at 14:36, tom27111 said:

Jesus Christ!

I could be wrong but, wasn't Gordon Banks involved in the initial set up of the company?

Edit. Found this. Seems he was used in an advertising campaign.

M621 Ephemera Advert 1980s Swithland Motors Gordon Banks Save Again

Thinking signing Che Adams would be a bad idea? Alot of fans want him on the transfer thread but I don't get it.

He's never hit 10 goals in a season in the prem and strikes me in the Nuge 'too good for the championship' type player.

Handing averages players high wages is exactly the season we've got into the mess we're currently in.

1 hour ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Thinking signing Che Adams would be a bad idea? Alot of fans want him on the transfer thread but I don't get it.

He's never hit 10 goals in a season in the prem and strikes me in the Nuge 'too good for the championship' type player.

Handing averages players high wages is exactly the season we've got into the mess we're currently in.

He's been continually linked with us too for the last couple of seasons. Most don't want him but we've had to play kids up front this season. I think the other big reason for being against him is that he's on a free this summer and we wouldn't have wanted to pay any fee for him. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, LiberalFox said:

Jokes about Spurs not winning anything are a bit boring. Also we don't have a rivalry with Spurs. I don't want us to turn into Forest who think they are rivals with Liverpool. 

Forest and Liverpool have, as far as I thought, got on given they will forever be intrinsically linked by what happened in 1989.

Get where you're coming from re Spurs and they should never be counted as a rival. But clubs like Liverpool, Spurs and Leeds will always attract malign from every fan base, forever. That might spread to Newcastle soon if they start winning trophies. And Wrexham if they climb the leagues under the super cool super dudes