Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

17 minutes ago, Webbo said:

People who say money can't buy you happiness have never had to manage without it.

I suspect those on pursuit of money at times have nothing. My uncle failed in his first 2 businesses and had nothing. The 3rd time was a charm and now he is super comfortable with fck all to worry about.

Either way having to not worry about mortgage or child care payments etc would be a godsend.  People need to be more realistic about their millions. I guess when you get out of touch its hard to remember the skint times

Guest MattP
4 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

you know the best medicine goes to people that paid, magic johnson got a cure for aids and all the broke mo fu ckers passed away etc 

Have you ever watched the South Park episode that does a satirical take on this? It's brilliant.

22 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Yeah, having money often takes a fair amount of pressure and stress off of life. However it isn't a total panacea as it often generates a whole new list of problems.

Like most other stuff, how you get happy with your life is totally subjective.

Yep, and sometimes it depends where on the planet you live.

I have a friend who's done a couple of 'Leaders Quest' trips to the slums of Calcutta and the favelas in Rio. Despite the fact people literally don't have a pot to piss in, he said he met some of the happiest people alive.

Guest MattP
9 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Yep, and sometimes it depends where on the planet you live.

I have a friend who's done a couple of 'Leaders Quest' trips to the slums of Calcutta and the favelas in Rio. Despite the fact people literally don't have a pot to piss in, he said he met some of the happiest people alive.

(Western white male Humblebrag alert) We wandered into the centre of Colombo for a day when I was in Sri Lanka and I met people who I still think were the happiest in the World I've seen, they clearly had bugger all but we played cricket in a park for about 30 minutes and I've not laughed and joked so much since in such a short space of time since, 50-60 of us all throwing a bat and ball, drinking Arak and chucking water at each other in a little piece of grass playing sport without a care in the World.

It's obviously stupid hyperbole and I'm sure they would swap with us in a second but I did think that day this is the way to be, live life without much of a care. We even found a bookies on a buildiing site walking to the ground where they had British and Irish racing and the local punters knew John McCririck and could tell you where Newbury was in England.

Guest MattP
1 minute ago, Walkers said:

Chris Kamara missing the red card wasn't THAT funny

He's actually a total bellend and the only people who find him funny are the sort that share videos from the LADbible or something similar.

26 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

I absolutely hate Muse. Every one of their songs sounds like a slight variation on the same whiney drivel to me.

They are pretty shite.  Which brings me to another unpopular opinion I hold...........

I think the Arctic Monkeys are average at best.  X

• Like 2

Just now, RumbleFox said:

They are pretty shite.  Which brings me to another unpopular opinion I hold...........

I think the Arctic Monkeys are average at best.  X

2nd album onwards I would agree, Whatever People Say I Am is a modern classic however, though I can understand if people of a certain age disagree on that because you kind of had to hear it before reaching full maturity for it to have its full impact.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

2nd album onwards I would agree, Whatever People Say I Am is a modern classic however, though I can understand if people of a certain age disagree on that because you kind of had to hear it before reaching full maturity for it to have its full impact.

I think this is probably my problem.  I actually associate that very album with losing touch with music.  I was about 24 when it came out.  I was hugely into 90s Brit Pop (Pulp, Blur, etc) then later the newer wave of "alternative music" such as Strokes, Arcade Fire, etc but then when Whatever People Say I Am was released and everyone was going mental over it I just though "humph, it's OK" and never really "got it".  I then drifted away from modern music and became a sad old man listening to nothing but Lou Reed, Dexys, Scott Walker and Phil Spector.  Maybe I should give it another listen with unbiased ears?

X

1 hour ago, Samilktray said:

I actually think AM got better and better with each album and struggle to listen to the debut without switching it off now

I think I just don't get it.  Something about their sound annoys me.  By the way, with reference to your picture, I think Tyler The Creator is a really interesting artist, really like a lot of his stuff.  X

18 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Congrats in order? When's baby due?

Money doesnt buy happiness but does buy some peace of mind which in turn does help on the happiness scale. But to me its not about being stank arse rich but having enough to feel comfortable and no stress about bills or when you can vacation next etc etc.

3rd July. Having a girl this time round so one of each now! And many thanks for the congrats.

4 hours ago, SystonFox said:

3rd July. Having a girl this time round so one of each now! And many thanks for the congrats.

Nice. We had a boy first and then our daughter was born 2 years later. Its nice having one each and seeing how different and similar they ste at the same ages.

My daughter is now 3 (time flies) and shes verbally wayyyy ahead of my son at the same age. Having said that she has an older sibling to learn from.

Cristiano Ronaldo's overhead kick wasnt that 'sensational'.

Ball came in perfectly for him, Juve defence gave him loads of room and only started to move towards the ball when it was too late.

Edited by Nalis
Typo
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Nalis said:

Ball came in perfectly for him, Juve defence gave him loads of room and only started to move towards the ball when it was too late.

Exactly. It was a good goal, well taken. Not easy technique or an easy opportunity....but not that difficult either for someone of Ronaldo's ability, given the space he was allowed.

This is what I call a sensational goal.....by, er, Leicester City's Esteban Cambiasso (and team-mates):

3 hours ago, Nalis said:

Muzzy did it better

• Like 2

it’s easily the most aesthetically pleasing over head kick i’ve ever seen. gets up really high, no hint of a shin/outside of the boot, flies into the corner on the full. superb. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Nalis said: