Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxinsocks

Bbc rađio leicester

The post match phone in raised some good questions.

When stringer got the chance he could have asked shakey:

Why didn't iborra start?

You say the team are not positive enough... are you?

Peoole are saying you're not up to it... what can you say to those people?

Again you take albrighton off when you put slim on. .. is that sensible?

Does nigels new job make your position weaker?

Are we missing drinky.. why was he allowed to leave. .. whats you opinion on that decision?

No one  has asked the last question... why not ?

How can we get better bbc coverage that is not kowtowing to the club? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foxinsocks said:

Why didn't iborra start?

Are we missing drinky.. why was he allowed to leave. .. whats you opinion on that decision?

Check the exclusive interview topic 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Why didn't iborra start? Ultimately

You say the team are not positive enough... are you? Ultimately

Peoole are saying you're not up to it... what can you say to those people? Ultimately

Again you take albrighton off when you put slim on. .. is that sensible? Ultimately

Does nigels new job make your position weaker? Ultimately

Are we missing drinky.. why was he allowed to leave. .. whats you opinion on that decision? Ultimately

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

No offence mate but I'm in a right fookin mood.   I think we know the answers to most if not all of those questions so pointless really asking them.  What gets me about the phone in is the absolute sh1te that some people come out with ...   I end up shouting my head off at the radio !!    We were a gnats cock off getting a point or even wining that game ...   A few individual errors cost us and we also missed a few gilt edged opportunities.  The same people get dogs abuse every week as if it's all their fault ...     If King is so bad why has a team that won the prem, and spent goodness knows how much on new players not got someone that's better !!! ..   Easy ! ..   Cus other players p1ssed off, some are injured, one ain't registered to play and some ain't good enough !!   Hardly Kings fookin fault !!   Or Shakeys for that matter !!  I thought it was a great game today and I was proud of our players ...    Too many fookin moaners.   

Funny game football because even though Vardy had his penalty saved that might have got us a point I thought we looked devoid of ideas, creativity and quality for long periods. We are so wasteful in possession at times it's laughable. That Liverpool defence was there to be got it yet we rarely looked like troubling them.

• Like 3

tough questions dont get asked because its seen as "harming the club" and I guess the interviewer would then get banned from further interviews.

I agree with the OP, but I am just answering his question.

This is why so often interviewers ask what seem really stupid questions like.

You scored the first goal, that was so important right.

That penalty really changed the game.

Instead of proper questions people would like answering.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

Why didn't iborra start?

Did you see the state of Iborra for the most part on Tuesday?

That answers that question...

P

13 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

When shakey got the chance he could have asked stringer :

Why did you harass NP  ?

You say the fans are not positive enough... are you?

People are saying you're not up to it... what can you say to those people?

Again in the call in you have Dave from syston on. .. is that sensible?

Does the BBC director of sports programming make your position weaker?

Are we missing the squad ignoring you .. why they allowed to reverse that boycott ?. .. whats you opinion on that decision?

Hate stringer , horrible horrible human 

I have put one on shaky since he got the job and I was unfair and wrong , the team have had an horrendous start to the season fixtures wise yet they have in parts performed very very well 

lets judge him on next three games ! , he saved us and deserves a chance 

5 hours ago, Collymore said:

Did you see the state of Iborra for the most part on Tuesday?

That answers that question...

I know.... i didnt list the questions to make a point..... other than we fans pay ro watch the games and rely on the bbc to ask the questions we'd like to see put... all these issues were aired on the phone in but stringer did ask any

18 hours ago, Countryfox said:

No offence mate but I'm in a right fookin mood.   I think we know the answers to most if not all of those questions so pointless really asking them.  What gets me about the phone in is the absolute sh1te that some people come out with ...   I end up shouting my head off at the radio !!    We were a gnats cock off getting a point or even wining that game ...   A few individual errors cost us and we also missed a few gilt edged opportunities.  The same people get dogs abuse every week as if it's all their fault ...     If King is so bad why has a team that won the prem, and spent goodness knows how much on new players not got someone that's better !!! ..   Easy ! ..   Cus other players p1ssed off, some are injured, one ain't registered to play and some ain't good enough !!   Hardly Kings fookin fault !!   Or Shakeys for that matter !!  I thought it was a great game today and I was proud of our players ...    Too many fookin moaners.   

There were callers moaning about king... and i agee with u; king does everything he is asked to do... and i wouldnt expect shake to dis him.  But the other questions are fair comment and stringer doesnt go near them.  I too though we did welll today and could have gotten a point or more.  But our supporters deserve a local media who can hold the club to account.... or am i dreaming? 

42 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

There were callers moaning about king... and i agee with u; king does everything he is asked to do... and i wouldnt expect shake to dis him.  But the other questions are fair comment and stringer doesnt go near them.  I too though we did welll today and could have gotten a point or more.  But our supporters deserve a local media who can hold the club to account.... or am i dreaming? 

good-good-letthe-delusion-flow-through-you-qumemes-comi-17891811.png

Those questions wouldn't trouble Shakey - any decent manager could bat those away along the lines of?..

Q. Why didn't iborra start?

A. I was pleased with the partnership of King and N'Didi against Huddersfield - and I wanted to continue with that. I think they both performed really well today in a difficult game and had we had the rub if the green we would've got something from the game

Q. You say the team are not positive enough... are you?

A. Yes I'm very positive. I would've liked to pick up a few more points from the opening games but we've competed well against some top teams, and I feel been a little unlucky in many of those games - including today

Q. People are saying you're not up to it... what can you say to those people?

A. They're welcome to their opinion, but I think I've demonstrated my abilities in the time I've been with this football club. Let's also not forget that we've played four teams who will all be challenging for the title.

Q. Again you take albrighton off when you put slim on. .. is that sensible?

A. Yes, we felt he was lagging following a very busy week for him and believed putting Slimani on would help us put more pressure on their defence 

Q. Does nigels new job make your position weaker?

A. No, I don't think they're connected at all. I spoke to Nigel earlier in the week and said I'm very pleased for him.

Q. Are we missing drinky.. why was he allowed to leave. .. whats you opinion on that decision?

A. He made it clear he wanted to move on - and I don't want to keep a player who doesn't want to be here.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Funny game football because even though Vardy had his penalty saved that might have got us a point I thought we looked devoid of ideas, creativity and quality for long periods. We are so wasteful in possession at times it's laughable. That Liverpool defence was there to be got it yet we rarely looked like troubling them.

We troubled their defence enough to score two goals, & make them conceed two major infringements in their box, (one penalty awarded, one not).

Edited by PaulW

4 minutes ago, Sublime_Coatsworth said:

Those questions wouldn't trouble Shakey - any decent manager could bat those away along the lines of?..

A. I was pleased with the partnership of King and N'Didi against Huddersfield - and I wanted to continue with that. I think they both performed really well today in a difficult game and had we had the rub if the green we would've got something from the game

A. Yes I'm very positive. I would've liked to pick up a few more points from the opening games but we've competed well against some top teams, and I feel been a little unlucky in many of those games - including today

A. They're welcome to their opinion, but I think I've demonstrated my abilities in the time I've been with this football club. Let's also not forget that we've played four teams who will all be challenging for the title.

A. Yes, we felt he was lagging following a very busy week for him and believed putting Slimani on would help us put more pressure on their defence 

A. No, I don't think they're connected at all. I spoke to Nigel earlier in the week and said I'm very pleased for him.

Q. Are we missing drinky.. why was he allowed to leave. .. whats you opinion on that decision?

A. He made it clear he wanted to move on - and I don't want to keep a player who doesn't want to be here.

:o ....    Shakey !!!!

• Like 2

On 24 September 2017 at 03:58, Countryfox said:

? quality post made me pmsl 

8 hours ago, Sublime_Coatsworth said:

I could "hear" those answers in his voice. lol

18 hours ago, Sublime_Coatsworth said:

Yes... media training will produce a straight bat... but its then for the interviewer.

Eg. To the response to the drinky question the interviewer could say..." but what does this say to our players or to other clubs who want to buy them...'don't worry about the contracts you have signed... if you want to go then we will not stand in your way'.... has this been thought through and do you suport it?"

Now, I dont have a strong opinion on that example... but many fans do.  The club doesn't agrue with us on ft. Bbc radio leicester is the only way to put the questions that we all ask in pubs all over the city .... but they are too scared

42 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Yes... media training will produce a straight bat... but its then for the interviewer.

Eg. To the response to the drinky question the interviewer could say..." but what does this say to our players or to other clubs who want to buy them...'don't worry about the contracts you have signed... if you want to go then we will not stand in your way'.... has this been thought through and do you suport it?"

Now, I dont have a strong opinion on that example... but many fans do.  The club doesn't agrue with us on ft. Bbc radio leicester is the only way to put the questions that we all ask in pubs all over the city .... but they are too scared

Yes, but these interviews take place really quickly and are typically back to back, so a managers media training will get them to use this limited time effectively- i.e. padding out answers, not directly answering questions etc. I'm not saying I like it, but it's just the way it he business is now.

oh and to answer your question, the response would probably be along the lines of  "I want the players at this football club to really WANT to be here. Unfortunately that wasn't the case with Danny Drinkwater, but it's not the case with anyone else now. We have a team of players who, like me are fully committed to this club, and we're all looking forward to demonstrating that at Bournemouth on Saturday. Thank you very much"