Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxinsocks

Bbc rađio leicester

Thought Bourne had been quite good in his most recent times in doing the LCFC commentary.

Saying that, I'm actually starting to be ok in listening to Stringer; what's tarnished him had been his too much direct approach in asking questions to Pearson in which the latter wasn't comfortable in answering.

17 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Thought Bourne had been quite good in his most recent times in doing the LCFC commentary.

Saying that, I'm actually starting to be ok in listening to Stringer; what's tarnished him had been his too much direct approach in asking questions to Pearson in which the latter wasn't comfortable in answering.

Bourne admitted that he wasn't good at commentating so was unlikely to go any further at Radio Leicester.

2 minutes ago, fox in the sox said:

Bourne admitted that he wasn't good at commentating so was unlikely to go any further at Radio Leicester.

Didn't know that, and it's good courage really of him to reveal that.

I personally thought he provided a fresh perspective in his reporting and analysis etc.

Wish him all the best in whatever he's doing now.

• 9 months later...
4 hours ago, Matt said:

And if you thought Elliott sat on the fence....

Totally disagree. I think Matt Piper is honest and calls it as he sees it. I thought end of last season he was a little biased towards Puel but things he is now pointing out back up what he was saying. I think elliott was far less likely to give an honest assessment. He called Gray as a striker against Liverpool after the wolves game so he clearly has a handle on the tactics going on. He also said after Liverpool Gray didn’t work in that role

on another related point. I’ve never had the dislike for Stringer that some have but the shows are getting really annoying (Monday and Thursday) as he tried to make everything humourous when it doesn’t need to be. Also the new lad appears to be trying to emulate stringer when he should go his own way 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, F1_AN said:

Totally disagree. I think Matt Piper is honest and calls it as he sees it. I thought end of last season he was a little biased towards Puel but things he is now pointing out back up what he was saying. I think elliott was far less likely to give an honest assessment. He called Gray as a striker against Liverpool after the wolves game so he clearly has a handle on the tactics going on. He also said after Liverpool Gray didn’t work in that role

on another related point. I’ve never had the dislike for Stringer that some have but the shows are getting really annoying (Monday and Thursday) as he tried to make everything humourous when it doesn’t need to be. Also the new lad appears to be trying to emulate stringer when he should go his own way 

He makes everything into the Ian Stringer show ..... I can't bear him - stopped listening to Radio Leicester completely now.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Russell sprout said:

There’s nowt wrong with stringer he does a good job,

and had passion,I put the forest game on by mistake the other day when picking mrs up from work and there commentary is horrendous 

I think the animosity stems from the fact he purports to be a City fan but has, in the past, raked muck in and around the club to further his interests. 

It speaks volumes that the players didn't, or don't, speak to the station.