Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxinsocks

Bbc rađio leicester

20 hours ago, Sublime_Coatsworth said:

Those questions wouldn't trouble Shakey - any decent manager could bat those away along the lines of?..

Q. Why didn't iborra start?

A. I was pleased with the partnership of King and N'Didi against Huddersfield - and I wanted to continue with that. I think they both performed really well today in a difficult game and had we had the rub if the green we would've got something from the game

Q. You say the team are not positive enough... are you?

A. Yes I'm very positive. I would've liked to pick up a few more points from the opening games but we've competed well against some top teams, and I feel been a little unlucky in many of those games - including today

Q. People are saying you're not up to it... what can you say to those people?

A. They're welcome to their opinion, but I think I've demonstrated my abilities in the time I've been with this football club. Let's also not forget that we've played four teams who will all be challenging for the title.

Q. Again you take albrighton off when you put slim on. .. is that sensible?

A. Yes, we felt he was lagging following a very busy week for him and believed putting Slimani on would help us put more pressure on their defence 

Q. Does nigels new job make your position weaker?

A. No, I don't think they're connected at all. I spoke to Nigel earlier in the week and said I'm very pleased for him.

Q. Are we missing drinky.. why was he allowed to leave. .. whats you opinion on that decision?

A. He made it clear he wanted to move on - and I don't want to keep a player who doesn't want to be here.

Cheers for clearing those questions up Shakey.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, David Lowe said:

What has happened to Matt Elliott on commentary?

I think I heard somewhere he also does work for some Arabic sports channel on weekend matchday. I could be wrong though.

1 hour ago, gerrytaggart said:

In certain media circles Stringer is considered a more potent version of Paxman.  Extremely surprised he didnt come with some more hard hitting questioning. 

He cannot.  If he does he will be banned. Same as the Mercury.   They both offer very little news. FT is where you find things out...............well occasionally.

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Elliott probably cba anymore.

I am surprised he has put up with Stringer for so long without punching him tbh.

Stringer seems like a right little weasel who would do anything just to get himself noticed. I couldn't listen to radio Leicester when Jason Bourne was on as Stringer would get all silly & giggling like a school kid.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gerrytaggart said:

In certain media circles Stringer is considered a more potent version of Paxman.  Extremely surprised he didnt come with some more hard hitting questioning. 

I don't think his mum counts as 'media circles'

On 9/23/2017 at 20:35, foxinsocks said:

The post match phone in raised some good questions.

When stringer got the chance he could have asked shakey:

Why didn't iborra start?

You say the team are not positive enough... are you?

Peoole are saying you're not up to it... what can you say to those people?

Again you take albrighton off when you put slim on. .. is that sensible?

Does nigels new job make your position weaker?

Are we missing drinky.. why was he allowed to leave. .. whats you opinion on that decision?

No one  has asked the last question... why not ?

How can we get better bbc coverage that is not kowtowing to the club? 

What would you seriously expect as a response to those questions!!!?  (Apart from the first one, & the answer to that is that he is not fit enough for 90mins of Premiership football, especially against one of the top sides.)

Q2 Answer.  "No, I'm not",...alternatively, "Yes I am".

Q3 Answer.  See Q2.

Q4  Answer.  "No, it wasn't".....or "Yes, it was".

Q5  Answer.  "No it doesn't".....or "Yes it does".

Q6  Answer.   "Like 99.9% of people with half a brain cell, I'm not going to slag off my employers in public"...or "It was a crap decision.  The senior management know f**k all about running a football club".

Edited by PaulW

On 24/09/2017 at 17:09, Sublime_Coatsworth said:

Those questions wouldn't trouble Shakey - any decent manager could bat those away along the lines of?..

Q. Why didn't iborra start?

A. I was pleased with the partnership of King and N'Didi against Huddersfield - and I wanted to continue with that. I think they both performed really well today in a difficult game and had we had the rub if the green we would've got something from the game

Q. You say the team are not positive enough... are you?

A. Yes I'm very positive. I would've liked to pick up a few more points from the opening games but we've competed well against some top teams, and I feel been a little unlucky in many of those games - including today

Q. People are saying you're not up to it... what can you say to those people?

A. They're welcome to their opinion, but I think I've demonstrated my abilities in the time I've been with this football club. Let's also not forget that we've played four teams who will all be challenging for the title.

Q. Again you take albrighton off when you put slim on. .. is that sensible?

A. Yes, we felt he was lagging following a very busy week for him and believed putting Slimani on would help us put more pressure on their defence 

Q. Does nigels new job make your position weaker?

A. No, I don't think they're connected at all. I spoke to Nigel earlier in the week and said I'm very pleased for him.

Q. Are we missing drinky.. why was he allowed to leave. .. whats you opinion on that decision?

A. He made it clear he wanted to move on - and I don't want to keep a player who doesn't want to be here.

Nothing like Shakey  he doesn't shout.

On 9/23/2017 at 20:58, Countryfox said:

No offence mate but I'm in a right fookin mood.   I think we know the answers to most if not all of those questions so pointless really asking them.  What gets me about the phone in is the absolute sh1te that some people come out with ...   I end up shouting my head off at the radio !!    We were a gnats cock off getting a point or even wining that game ...   A few individual errors cost us and we also missed a few gilt edged opportunities.  The same people get dogs abuse every week as if it's all their fault ...     If King is so bad why has a team that won the prem, and spent goodness knows how much on new players not got someone that's better !!! ..   Easy ! ..   Cus other players p1ssed off, some are injured, one ain't registered to play and some ain't good enough !!   Hardly Kings fookin fault !!   Or Shakeys for that matter !!  I thought it was a great game today and I was proud of our players ...    Too many fookin moaners.   

I agree  this website is completely at odds with 90% of the support. I travel by train and nearly everyone is full of praise for Allbrighton  and Okazki  for their committment  and King was Leicesters man of the match on Radio Leicester and 2 morning papers  perhaps some should take their support elsewhere

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Foxaholic ME said:

I agree  this website is completely at odds with 90% of the support. I travel by train and nearly everyone is full of praise for Allbrighton  and Okazki  for their committment  and King was Leicesters man of the match on Radio Leicester and 2 morning papers  perhaps some should take their support elsewhere

I agree mate ...   and some keep going on about our boring football ...    that Liverpool game was exciting enough for me !!

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Tommy G said:

I thought Jason Bourne had left BBC Radio Leicester to go freelance? There was a big hoo har about him leaving but he’s on BBC Radio Leicester every week? Presume he isn’t getting work elsewhere 

He seems to cover Stringer when he goes off on a break. To be honest would be nice if Ian went on a permanent break! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 23/09/2017 at 20:58, Countryfox said:

No offence mate but I'm in a right fookin mood.   I think we know the answers to most if not all of those questions so pointless really asking them.  What gets me about the phone in is the absolute sh1te that some people come out with ...   I end up shouting my head off at the radio !!    We were a gnats cock off getting a point or even wining that game ...   A few individual errors cost us and we also missed a few gilt edged opportunities.  The same people get dogs abuse every week as if it's all their fault ...     If King is so bad why has a team that won the prem, and spent goodness knows how much on new players not got someone that's better !!! ..   Easy ! ..   Cus other players p1ssed off, some are injured, one ain't registered to play and some ain't good enough !!   Hardly Kings fookin fault !!   Or Shakeys for that matter !!  I thought it was a great game today and I was proud of our players ...    Too many fookin moaners.   

We’re looking good now :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tommy G said:

I thought Jason Bourne had left BBC Radio Leicester to go freelance? There was a big hoo har about him leaving but he’s on BBC Radio Leicester every week? Presume he isn’t getting work elsewhere 

Perhaps he's working for RL on a freelance basis?