Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AjcW

Football Manager 2018

Two games to go in the 2022/23 season, and Parma's return to glory is nearly complete. I'm on the cusp of claiming their first ever Scudetto with a pretty bang-average team.

Reminiscent of the Zdenek Zeman era of calcio... Doesn't matter how many you let in, as long as you outscore the opposition. lol

5ae9b1bf6eb09_ScreenShot2018-05-02at13_38_55.thumb.png.3dbe43c7e6b1dec8cfa34f79ee427539.png

Got two top-quality Italian strikers in Paloschi and Lasagna absolutely on fire, both of whom I picked up for <£5m. Sometimes the AI is bizarre.

5ae9b1cba07ef_ScreenShot2018-05-02at13_39_22.thumb.png.0c511b1791c804a10e64776b051393c0.png

On 01/05/2018 at 18:57, somebum said:

these were the days. This is the 2007 version...I'm going for back to back promotions.

fm.jpg

You think a lot of yourself naming your manager that

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/01/2018 at 15:58, Walkers said:

I've somehow never been in the red at Vaduz. I lose about 2m a year but progressing in the Europa League qualifiers and the tiny bit of prize money from the Swiss 2nd tier kinda covered that. Finished 5th in my first season in the Super League behind the obvious Basel/Young Boys and then the next level of Sion and Grasshoppers. That saw me receive a nice 1.8m I think it was. From what I understood about the sponsorships email we'll get a lot more this season from a change of shirt sponsor. The one time I got into the Europa League group stages it made me about an extra 3 or 4 million so that would be handy right now especially as we have new training facilities being built costing 1.8m. I've been seeded for the first time in the 3rd quali draw so thats good, i'll be playing Djurgardens of Sweden so that should be comfortable. I'm a long way from being seeded for the final quali round though so I just need some luck with the draw.

Turkes took the league by storm last season scoring 19 goals but still hasn't been called up for Liechtenstein yet. Huser proved to be a good signing on a free last season. Signed Lakatos having had him shortlisted/scouted for the past 8 months. I couldn't see much of his stats but it turns out it only showed the very good ones, i'm a little bit underwhelmed with what I see now lol His mental is good though for where he plays. He was wanted by Hertha Berlin so he should be good enough. Maxy Dorfer is always improving. Signed Ajeti on a free from Basel making him my highest paid player. My wage budget increased by about 30k in the summer, I've never been a fan of giving one player a fair bit more than anyone else is earning (about 1.5k more) I noticed his contract was running out at Basel and he was on 11k, i'm surprised he wanted as little as he did because usually the game is retarded and the players demands go the other way. With that though I have a bit too much quality upfront now (see Garcia) given I usually only play one up top. Two of the four I have can play CAM though.

990E26F86A211415032CA03E76867DEA52C1BE78

Update:

3CF72282767961E10159E1F373F2E24D340A6739

Besides from becoming black, he's just turned 21 and closing in on 100 games for the club. He/we DID win the Liechtenstein Cup in 2024 despite no mention of it in his bio/milestones (I guess the Swiss Super League is more important). I now have this dude coming through. Given him some opportunities this season and he's done alright

F6E7AAE3D0E4F792F481B7F9D6A960FA9ECE28CE

F5FFCC3A34FEA20A4758CEE99CC019F372772461

I've had this guy out on loan in the past and he's been here this season 3rd/4th choice, but will be one of my main 3 next season when my long term Basel loanee leaves me.

This guy is nothing more than backup but again has done a good job when called upon.

50C07208745C0CF3B6E1BB2359877C9E4D675DCD

All this said I am seriously considering leaving at the end of the season lol I noticed the Schalke job was free before Christmas, saved it and applied (and succeeded) but I wanted to be able to join them at the end of the season but I couldn't so I restarted. Not quite Barnet but a big enough club. Won my EL group and am now into the last 16 but was battered 1-0 at Koln in the first leg. 3rd in the league with no proper challenge behind me (Basel are drifting away..). Only issue is after a save like this, if I ever leave for another club I immediately lose interest at having to get to know the club/staff/youth players all over again. Literally everyone (bar a good 7-8 first teamers who were here when I joined.....) has been brought into the club under my watch

• 4 weeks later...

Going to try the Alex Fergusson challenge, you holiday the game to nov 6th, then take control of the team in 19th and try to match or better his record, 62 million a year max spending and no more than 8 transfers a season. Leicester were 20th, so i cheated a little and picked them, they are 1 point off 19th with 4 points. 

Lots of players out on loan and the chance to sack Rudkin. could be fun

He took charge on 6 November 1986, when Manchester United were 19th in the Premier League and it took him six years to win his first title, so the rules of the challenge are:

Holiday the game until 6 November, and take charge of the team in 19th place;

Stay at that team until you have achieved 'domination';

Buy only 8 players per season, as that was the highest number of first team players he ever signed in a season, and the max spend was £62m a season;

Have a focus on youth development like Ferguson e.g. the Class of 92 whilst also buying players to strengthen the squad in the first time.

The targets for the challenge in terms of competitions are:

Win a domestic cup within 4 years

Win a league title within 7 years

Win a league and cup double within 7 years

Win a league, cup and Champions League treble within 13 years.

All of these achievements above were all successfully accomplished by Ferguson during his reign.

lloan list.jpg

injuryiis.jpg

Edited by Beliall

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Osavo said:

Andy King is manager of Leicester in 2027 on my current save. An actual dream come true :wub:

In my 2016 game, he had a son who came through the ranks and was an absolute beast for me at centre-back. Even FM knows what a legend Andy King is. lol

• Like 1

On 29/06/2018 at 21:04, Ashley said:

Does anybody know if you can transfer last years logos over into this years folders and they will still work please? 

You can transfer graphics from 2010 if you want to, the format has never really changed. 

Skins and tactics change but logos, kit packs, facepacks you can reuse every year. 

The config file in your graphics folders is just a little XML, as long as you keep the folder structure the same so FM knows where it's looking you're fine. They haven't changed the interface in forever. 

So FM just reads that XML document and references a filename (ie, 50342.png) and links it with whatever unique id (50342) that is in the game. 

Edited by Finnegan

19 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

You can transfer graphics from 2010 if you want to, the format has never really changed. 

Skins and tactics change but logos, kit packs, facepacks you can reuse every year. 

The config file in your graphics folders is just a little XML, as long as you keep the folder structure the same so FM knows where it's looking you're fine. They haven't changed the interface in forever. 

So FM just reads that XML document and references a filename (ie, 50342.png) and links it with whatever unique id (50342) that is in the game. 

I tried it anyway cheers finners

On 09/06/2018 at 12:18, Col city fan said:

I’ve played as Man Utd for seasons and we’ve won everything there is to win.

I’m currently in the 2022/23 season and have signed a young Brazilian called ‘Vinicius Junior’ from Real Madrid.

The next Neymar.....

:thumbup:

4FE5BE5E-D822-4302-BB85-44566128FB96.png

Just booted up a new career on FM17 with the latest squad updates.

Two weeks into preseason, Jonny Evans gets tendonitis and is out for 3-4 months. Great, not ideal, I'll have to spend my budget signing Dragovic, but I can raise some money by selling Slimani and Musa.

Final pre-season game, Adrien Silva goes down, out for 6 months with a broken foot. Do a tactical tweak and bring on Slimani for the last 15 minutes, and the bastard tears his hamstring, scuppering the move.

God dammit FM.

On 18/01/2018 at 02:00, Walkers said:

Getting interesting now. I had a decent LB last year become eligible to play for Liechtenstein and has since made his debut. In the last few months these two have decided to make themselves available for a call up as they won't get in the Swiss squad. Will be cool to see if Liechtenstein can improve

2E4863DE844280881C4F1E321EA108023179ECFC

1D5AECA7CBD335A0A8D8A1894D8110EDB2B521E6

Had a solid start in the Super League though. W3 D5 L2. Knocked out in the final Europa League qualifying round by Fiorentina.

I had fiorentina last qualifying round with vaduz they were far too good for me.  Just started out with them its very interesting and fun! 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Lcfclad2013 said:

I had fiorentina last qualifying round with vaduz they were far too good for me.  Just started out with them its very interesting and fun! 

Its very unique. Sadly i've had no interest in playing the game ever since I left to join Monchengladbach lol

4 hours ago, Lcfclad2013 said:

Ahhh I enjoyed reading your updates on vaduz! Shame. 

Just didn't think I could take them any further. I always lose interest whenever I join a new team, having to figure out who's good, youth players etc. I'm tempted to start a game in an obscure nation in a lower league and work my way up without getting 'emotionally attatched' to that club, in other words happily use it as a stepping stone.

48 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Just didn't think I could take them any further. I always lose interest whenever I join a new team, having to figure out who's good, youth players etc. I'm tempted to start a game in an obscure nation in a lower league and work my way up without getting 'emotionally attatched' to that club, in other words happily use it as a stepping stone.

I've seen cardif met uni is a decent challenge in welsh league