Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Next City Manager?

Next possible City Manager  

705 members have voted

1. 1. Who next for City when Shakey gets booted

• Martin O’Neill
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Eddie Howe
    • David Wagner
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Ex-Dortmund Tuchel
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Bob Weasel Fox

16 minutes ago, Great Boos Up said:

I just want a manger a who wants to come here because they know we are a great club and think they can do a good job.

Not because we are a cash cow or raise there own portfolio or as a second choice.

Yep this

fvck that Tuchel cvnt 

3 hours ago, lancyclaret said:

I am amazed quite a few Foxes fans want Dyche......in 2013/14 & 2014/15 he was ridiculed by most LCFC fans.

Just because he made a couple of lazy throwaway comments. Yes they were maybe a bit uncalled for, but some of our fans blew it way out of proportion. I've rated him for a while now. 

SkySports ran a profile when he joined Southampton - worth a read. “Attacking yet pragmatic” stands out, as does “builder”. “Likes his team to keep the ball”. Previously managed Mendy as well. Think we may all be jumping to conclusions based on a short spell at Southampton. 

Puel feels a bit of a 'yes man' to me. I don't get the impression that he's gong to challenge those that need challenging. If true I can't help but think that Rudkin has appointed someone who is best for Rudkin and not for Leicester City Football Club. Of course I may be wrong.

So we are going with a 4-4-2 diamond? I can actually see that working:

----------------Vardy ---- Slim/Nacho

-----------------------Gray

-------------Iborra --------- Mahrez

-----------------------Ndidi

Chilwell - Dragovic/Fuchs - Morgan - Maguire

We focus on the passing triangles, MF spacing, Ndidi blows up everything as the deep PM, Ndidi gets the ball to Chilwell or Maguire, FBs go marauding, we possess the ball like we are Man City, Mahrez leaves in the spring, we either slot Silva in there or we put him where Gray is and Gray pairs with Iborra...

Nacho might well thrive in such a formation. Vardy too, though he would have to move his game to focusing on quick cuts, dives into the channels for goals, not that he doesn't do that now, but we won't be sending it flying fwd much, Southampton liked the ball on the ground for sure, they played from the back.

Problems: obv first issue is Gray and Mahrez won't be wings in this formation, but they can still do their thing. Also this may not "feature" Mahrez enough for his liking. But whatever. And of course, Simpson is prob out. 

How do you all see us lining up in a diamond?

5 minutes ago, vanity said:

So we are going with a 4-4-2 diamond? I can actually see that working:

----------------Vardy ---- Slim/Nacho

-----------------------Gray

-------------Iborra --------- Mahrez

-----------------------Ndidi

Chilwell - Dragovic - Morgan - Maguire

We focus on the passing triangles, MF spacing, Ndidi blows up everthing as the deep PM, Ndidi gets the ball to Chilwell or Maguire, FBs go marauding, we possess the ball like we are Man City, Mahrez leaves in the spring, we either slot Silva in there or we put him where Gray is and Gray pairs with Iborra...

Nacho might well thrive in such a formation. Vardy too, though he would have to move his game to focusing on quick cuts, dives into the channels for goals, not that he doesn't do that now, but we won't be sending it flying fwd much, Southampton liked the ball on the ground for sure, they played from the back.\

How do you all see us lining up in a diamond?

Hmm Maguire as a right back? Don't know about that mate... 

3 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

Do we have anything to prove that Puel is really it, other than some comments on here and speculation that he was seen at the match? Anything confirmed?

Have a look in the Puel thread. Telegraph links, stating he could be announced as early as tomorrow, is pobably the most convincing and respected link. Also, lots of other press outlets confirming talks have definitely happened.

1 minute ago, hejammy said:

Hmm Maguire as a right back? Don't know about that mate... 

You don't think so? I slotted him there bc (as you likely know) Puel's system plays from the back, the FBs in that system come fwd all the time, so I thought it suits his skill set perfectly. Or do you say that bc he doesn't have that sort of stamina? The problem is I don't think the CBs come fwd much in this system, and Maguire would get to use his movement and passing much more if he played outside. I think he'd freakin' jump at the chance to play FB in this system, but certainly I may be overlooking something.

4 minutes ago, vanity said:

You don't think so? I slotted him there bc (as you likely know) Puel's system plays from the back, the FBs in that system come fwd all the time, so I thought it suits his skill set perfectly. Or do you say that bc he doesn't have that sort of stamina? The problem is I don't think the CBs come fwd much in this system, and Maguire would get to use his movement and passing much more if he played outside. I think he'd freakin' jump at the chance to play FB in this system, but certainly I may be overlooking something.

I see where you're coming from, but Maguire is a centre back, that's that! He doesn't have the build or stamina for a full back or right back. Regardless of what system we play.....besides... Claude Puel.... :(:blink:... They're all doomed anyways! 

2 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

I was more worried about Mahrez as a central midfielder tbh

Gave me pause too, but our possession would be greatly improved, and he can still get fwd in that formation, especially if the left fullback comes up. I *think* it would also allow us to field our most talented side in a 4-4-2 that would admittedly be radically different than what we do, but if we want to evolve, management may need to force the change on the players. Biggest problem as I see it would be the time to switch systems so drastically to a possession-based side -- weeding out those players who don't fit, then adding new ones in the summer, and then we have to integrate, you are really talking about a team that won't really be humming until next Xmas at the earliest. Hah. 

2 hours ago, hejammy said:

I see where you're coming from, but Maguire is a centre back, that's that! He doesn't have the build or stamina for a full back or right back. Regardless of what system we play.....besides... Claude Puel.... :(:blink:... They're all doomed anyways! 

Haha, IDK if he thinks he is a CB, seems to fancy himself something a bit more hybrid, but you may well be right. I suppose I see Pep do things like that, then I see maguire look like our best passer, and think to myself "why can't he drop a few pounds and up his cardio? he has the skills for the role."

But if you are correct, and he physically can't, IDK, we don't really have the wingbacks to play this formation. Chilwell could do it, but Albrighton would be lacking in terms of possession and passing, I admittedly haven't seen enough of Fuchs, but I think we would need to buy a RWB in the end. I have been stumping for us to do just that lately, I think it is a position we could get a lot of joy from with 35-45 mill spend, someone with a touch of class on the ball who can defend and score, perhaps a young player a year away from rounding into something elite enough for the top 6 to come sniffing. Young legs, plus defender, run for days, everyone wants someone like that, but we still have a war chest, we still have players to sell (hopefully in the Jan window at a premium), add 1-2 premium players in the summer, we already have a very talented, overly-large squad, I think we can round into a pretty cohesive side if Puel is the guy, but as I said, will take until next season to fill the holes and really get going.

Archived