Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxSinceBirth

New Right Back???

6 hours ago, Mint_Fox said:

Always good to have a Jonny about the place! Certainly looks a better signing than Johnson etc. Think we need a LB too, as great a servant Fuchs has been and still is i can't see him playing much if at all next season.

Hope no one puts him on the spot 

Ignored by most in that article but I was going to suggest Adam Smith in this thread a few days ago! Rate him.

Jonny on the other hand is quality and would probably cost a fortune, would also want to be an immediate starter. 

10 hours ago, Harry S said:

I just hope we can get A right back in. Honestly it suprised me that we came all the way through the summer window and shakey didnt sign a obvious back up for simpson.

We dont want back up to these ageing players we want to get better and them become the back up.

18 hours ago, Gerard said:

Playing for one of the best teams in a much inferior league though. I'd bet some of those clubs in that division have similar budgets to our League One teams.

On that logic, we’d never of signed Kante or Mahrez..

Amartey played well again today.  This has impressed me as he's not even really had any game time.  Would like to see him have a run of games to see what he can do.  Needs to improve on his throw ins though. Another foul throw today, this time it was actually called 

I saw the first half of the Brighton v Bournemouth game today before leaving for the match (great opening goal by Knocky) and I'd forgotten that they'd signed Ezequiel Schelotto. Remember the thread when we were tracking him about two years ago and he was apparently christened El Galco (the Greyhound) because of his running? He did time an impressive overlap with Knockhaert early on, but other than that looked as directionless as an excitable puppy off its lead and nowhere as solid as Simmo. 

Like many, I'd love Tripper. However, Ian Stringer was discussing this after yesterday's match and said that one of the players is very close with Tripper and stated that "the player would be keen but Spurs have asked for too much". Levy is notoriously difficult to deal with!

Edited by liamashley

On 01/01/2018 at 02:19, Harry S said:

I just hope we can get A right back in. Honestly it suprised me that we came all the way through the summer window and shakey didnt sign a obvious back up for simpson.

They’ve tried so hard not to upset the title winning players. If Morgan wasn’t injured back end of season and Huth in the summer we wouldn’t have signed any CBs either.

Hopefully with Puel that sentiment is out the window now.

4 minutes ago, Dames said:

They’ve tried so hard not to upset the title winning players. If Morgan wasn’t injured back end of season and Huth in the summer we wouldn’t have signed any CBs either.

Hopefully with Puel that sentiment is out the window now.

I think to be honest, with two managerial sackings in a short space of time the players finally realised they needed to stop being so entitled too.

I think you only have to look at how much Simpson, Fuchs, Morgan etc are all focusing on their business interests outside of football to realise they're all very much aware their prime days are over and they'll be back up next season.

• Like 1