Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxSinceBirth

New Right Back???

20 minutes ago, FoxSinceBirth said:

I love Simmo as much as the next bloke but with no real competition for a first team spot surely we need to dip into the market,

I'm sure Puel has a few in mind but who would you like to see don the blue shirt?

nope i dont beleive we do need to, we should be looking amoungst our academy and getting Simpson to mentor them to eventually take his place.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Preferably a right sided Ben Chilwell.

Someone young and not expecting to play every week.

I agree we need someone who will be mentored and eased into the team, I personally don't see Amartey up to the task of breaking into the first team. Another young lad to come into the picture and play cup games etc and challenge for the first team spot would hopefully create a bit of friendly competition for simpson.

Simpson is 30 now and still our only recognisable right back, if there is nobody ready to step up from the youth team and Amartey isn't getting any game time then we should sign a young promising out and out right back, someone with pace but can learn the defensive game from Simpson. We need competition and cover because we have been lucky so far, but we will look very exposed if Simpson gets injured.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Last time we didn't have competition for places, we won the league.

tbf as much as a miracle 2015/2016 was... we cant use it as a baseline for all future recruitment.

After all the same team minus kante was fucckin shiit the year after.

Edited by les-tah

27 minutes ago, Redouane said:

You guys know that Amartey can play RB, right?

I can play Right Back.

Amartey isn't getting much of a look in, I think he is seen as the least bad option at right back, after Simpson and Albrighton as wing back, he hasn't convinced anyone yet that he is a RB.

The way I see it is there would be no disrespect to Simpson if we bring in another RB for competition, it is literally the only position we have no other strong option. Simpson is arguably our best defender, but it'd be good to have a more attacking alternative.

1 hour ago, les-tah said:

tbf as much as a miracle 2015/2016 was... we cant use it as a baseline for all future recruitment.

After all the same team minus kante was fucckin shiit the year after.

No but, if you ask me, at the moment we've got what looks like a settled side again with players playing for each other. Why tempt fate and rock the boat by bringing in a shed load of players for positions that don't really need bolstering, and have players that are doing well in, which no doubt everyone on here will be clamoring for once the january window opens with the usual itk and ger im in crap. And the reason we were shit the following year wasn't because Kante left, it was because, imo, the players just couldn't get themselves up for it and were all dreaming of CL nights, much like the rest of us. 

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

New RB with attacking abilities and loan out Amartey

I wonder how Puel rates Amartey? Amartey really needs to nail down a position and get some minutes as a squad player or be sold. I feel he's just stagnated since he got here and hasn't progressed. He's 23 in a week so it's time to shit or get off the pot. 

6 hours ago, goose2010 said:

nope i dont beleive we do need to, we should be looking amoungst our academy and getting Simpson to mentor them to eventually take his place.

6 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Preferably a right sided Ben Chilwell.

Someone young and not expecting to play every week.

Totally agree with both of you guys.  Simmo is a really consistent and valuable player, he may not be the best with the ball but his defending is solid and committed.  I almost think that him staying back adds some balance, like Arsenal of the early 90s with Lee Dixon as more he stay back and Sansom/Winterburn the go forward.  

From what I've heard, both Pascanu and Johnson are very capable in the youth set up, so I'd like to see them given some time to come in.  Maybe on loan first, just like Chilly to Huddersfield? 

3 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

Totally agree with both of you guys.  Simmo is a really consistent and valuable player, he may not be the best with the ball but his defending is solid and committed.  I almost think that him staying back adds some balance, like Arsenal of the early 90s with Lee Dixon as more he stay back and Sansom/Winterburn the go forward.  

From what I've heard, both Pascanu and Johnson are very capable in the youth set up, so I'd like to see them given some time to come in.  Maybe on loan first, just like Chilly to Huddersfield? 

Which is what I’d like to see. Instead of blowing a fortune on random players and hope they fit in, why not just bring players through that we know will fit in because they have been trained by us and been around the first teamers so have got to know them. And then add a star every now and then. If young lads know they’ve got a chance at the big time, they’ll try their hardest to get there. Players like chillwell are the stars of the future, I bet within a year he’ll be a 20 million pound player

16 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

No but, if you ask me, at the moment we've got what looks like a settled side again with players playing for each other. Why tempt fate and rock the boat by bringing in a shed load of players for positions that don't really need bolstering, and have players that are doing well in, which no doubt everyone on here will be clamoring for once the january window opens with the usual itk and ger im in crap. And the reason we were shit the following year wasn't because Kante left, it was because, imo, the players just couldn't get themselves up for it and were all dreaming of CL nights, much like the rest of us. 

my comments were based on a new right back as its are only place with no propper cover lol

not bringing in 5 new players and rocking a boat ;) 

Could look at Kyle Walker-Peters from Spurs. He's young, quick and played well on his debut this season, believe he got MOTM. He's now third choice once again behind Aurier and Trippier. Would be worth seeing if he's available, and if so he could emulate what Chilwell is doing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mannyfox98 said:

Could look at Kyle Walker-Peters from Spurs. He's young, quick and played well on his debut this season, believe he got MOTM. He's now third choice once again behind Aurier and Trippier. Would be worth seeing if he's available, and if so he could emulate what Chilwell is doing.

Not a chance in hell spuds will sell to us.