Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxSinceBirth

New Right Back???

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

You said we need a new right back as cover.

Puel has quite clearly stated, as I already said, what he expects of his right back and that goes against what Simpson actually offers. To implement the system the he wants, we need a new right back who is far moire comfortable on the ball and can actually play an active part in attacks. 

We don't need cover if we ever wish Puel to get the team he wants, we need a new starter. That's harsh on Simpson somewhat as he's been a fine player for us, but he was a fine player in Ranieri's system, a system the manager wants to move away from. He doesn't fit the style he wants to play, there is zero point in attempting to shoe horn him in. 

As for Chilwell and Fuchs, Fuchs can actually attack so that totally negates your point. Simpson, cannot. 

You told me "we need a new right back". I never said "we shouldn't sign a right back". You're just being ridiculously pedantic and wanting to pick an argument for the sake of it. 

:wave::wave::wave: 

13 hours ago, Bert said:

You told me "we need a new right back". I never said "we shouldn't sign a right back". You're just being ridiculously pedantic and wanting to pick an argument for the sake of it. 

Who? Babs? Surely not, never! 

• Haha 3

On 27.12.2017 at 19:55, Gerard said:

The only reason Tottenham will sell him is because he doesn't get in their first team and the money is too good to turn down. It's just such bad value buying big club's cast offs for big club prices. Tottenham bought Walker's replacement in Aurier from PSG who is better, younger and cheaper than Trippier. It's great business from Tottenham if they can get £80m+ for their two right backs, buy Aurier for £25m, promote Walker-Peters from the academy and make a shit load of money.

If we're going to progress as a club or even stay the same we won't do it long term by paying OTT prices for players who have little room for improvement and unwanted by the top clubs. I'd happily have Trippier here for around the £10m mark but talk of £30m-£40m is absolutely crazy. We should be spending money on vastly improving our scouting and looking to buy players under 25 who have great potential and playing in leagues like Belgium, Switzerland, Holland, etc.

PSG bought the 24 year old right back Meunier from Club Brugge for £6m last year and he's been linked with Man Utd and Chelsea because Dani Alves is keeping him out the side. That's exactly the sort of player we should have been in for before he went PSG, an outstanding player playing in Belgium. He cost peanuts at £6m but was still good enough for PSG to buy. Put that sort of business alongside Trippier for £30-40m and it's a joke.

I see where you're coming from with the "value for money" argument and I quite like the Meunier example (he is class), but he went to PSG who can afford to attract the best players in France, give them huge contracts (for Ligue 1 standards) and then he's also part of a squad that is nearly unstoppable in an otherwise rather mediocre league.

At the same token, while you state that paying 30 to 40 million pounds is "absolutely crazy", you bring up Aurier (whom I don't think is that much better than Meunier) who cost Tottenham £25m.

And *boom* we're back to reality.

Premier League clubs usually have to pay Premier League prices - I don't like it, either. That's the downside of being part of the "Best League in the World".

On 27/12/2017 at 22:25, Bert said:

I don't think it's pedantic or needlessly argumentative to disagree that we only need back up for our nearly 31 year old right back instead of looking to upgrade, the 2 are fairly different approaches to the rb dilemma and one of them only buys us another year or two before we face the same problem.

• Like 1

On 12/27/2017 at 22:21, Babylon said:

You said we need a new right back as cover.

Puel has quite clearly stated, as I already said, what he expects of his right back and that goes against what Simpson actually offers. To implement the system the he wants, we need a new right back who is far moire comfortable on the ball and can actually play an active part in attacks. 

We don't need cover if we ever wish Puel to get the team he wants, we need a new starter. That's harsh on Simpson somewhat as he's been a fine player for us, but he was a fine player in Ranieri's system, a system the manager wants to move away from. He doesn't fit the style he wants to play, there is zero point in attempting to shoe horn him in. 

As for Chilwell and Fuchs, Fuchs can actually attack so that totally negates your point. Simpson, cannot. 

When did he state that Babs?

56 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Don’t know why we got rid of de lait, and no he wasn’t a shit defender either.

I wouldn’t want De Laet near the team now because we can do better.

However Mahrez was at his very best with De Laet behind him. De Laet’s forward runs created so much space for Mahrez to work his magic. 

2 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

I wouldn’t want De Laet near the team now because we can do better.

However Mahrez was at his very best with De Laet behind him. De Laet’s forward runs created so much space for Mahrez to work his magic. 

Even though De Laet was out on loan as Mahrez was tearing it up!

Just now, TaggertvsWise said:

Even though De Laet was out on loan as Mahrez was tearing it up!

At the beginning of the season when we were ultra attacking, was Mahrez at his very best imo. Yes he still had a great season, but some of the stuff he did at the beginning of the season was magical.

Do we need an upgrade on Simmo or a rotator/back up? I think upgrade would be a little harsh this window as he’s been one our best players this season. 

I know he’s out for a while though but could we go to a back 3 or play Amartey again, and stick a young player on the bench? Johnson seems to have potential and wasn’t Pascanu the U23 player of the year last year? Neither of them can be worse thank Dragovic was against Watford 

13 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

Do we need an upgrade on Simmo or a rotator/back up? I think upgrade would be a little harsh this window as he’s been one our best players this season. 

I know he’s out for a while though but could we go to a back 3 or play Amartey again, and stick a young player on the bench? Johnson seems to have potential and wasn’t Pascanu the U23 player of the year last year? Neither of them can be worse thank Dragovic was against Watford 

Amartey is absolutely doggo at RB. Ffs.