Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxSinceBirth

New Right Back???

3 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

More talks planned for Wednesday/Thursday. 

He’s very keen to come I’m told but spurs are digging their heals in.

From what I’ve been told it seems like we are prepared to Goto £30m but they are wanting to squeeze more from us.

I think it’s going to take more like £40m

40m that is absurd. 

11 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

From what I’ve been told it seems like we are prepared to Goto £30m but they are wanting to squeeze more from us.

It's never going to happen - he signed a new 5 year contract last summer and Spurs have got all the bargaining power.

My hope is that we don't spend all window trying to get him as it's not going to happen.

2 hours ago, foxes21 said:

What’s the latest on Trippier mate? 

More or less the same as below.

1 hour ago, themightyfin said:

lollol your not my source are you lol You must have been typing that as I was told it on the phone.

The price is irrelevant. It's the owners money. The only question that matters is whether he's the right player. I'd be stunned and very happy with Trippier.

2 hours ago, dpjfox said:

imo we should give Josh Knight a few games

Sam Hughes is an infinitely better player than Knight. I'm not sure if he can do a job at right back, but he sure as hell makes a great Centre back AND looks a quality midfielder when he's played there. Experience in the National League for Chester is also a bonus.

• Like 1

On 14.12.2017 at 14:43, Finnegan said:

Florenzi to come in and play Champions League football for us when we qualify. I believe.  

Not coming here and is usually deployed as a right winger. Can play right-back and even in central midfield, mind. Very versatile.

Barcelona's Roberto being another similar example.

Capa would be one of my favourites, with Eibar more likely to let him go. Doesn't cost the world, either.

Him or Mitchell Weiser (injured at the moment).

Edited by MC Prussian

19 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

He's a decent player but £40M is absolutely ridiculous, would that make him the 3rd most expensive defender of all time? For Kieran Tripper? A 27 year old that Spurs payed £3.5M for a couple of years ago? 

It's utterly ridiculous and you wonder the thought process in this transfer. For me this has similar hallmarks of Sigurdsson to Everton for £45m. In both these cases the buying club is spending huge transfer fees on players that are not wanted by the big clubs. Also everyone knows how good these players are potentially, we know they're not world class as we've seen them in this league for years. As with both players the likely scenario is they see their five year contracts out and are worth buttons at the end of it.

Neither player is really going to make much of a difference firing clubs like Everton or Leicester to the top six either. Clubs like ours should be looking at buying the best players we can with players who haven't already peaked. I'd much rather us buy some 23 year old from Switzerland for £20m who has potential to be world class.

Trippier at £30m-£40m will get us further away from the top six, not closer to them.  Tottenham have just signed the younger Aurier for £24m who has replaced Trippier. Great business for them to upgrade on a better younger player and make a profit. 

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, themightyfin said:

So you heard the same?

Personaly not worried about the fee it’s not my money. 

Yes And like you not worried about the cash

7 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

£30m/£40m for him is crazy money.

The money we have spunked on players not fit for the prem and don't fit us but your worried about us doing it on a player that will play.

1 minute ago, sylofox said:

The money we have spunked on players not fit for the prem and don't fit us but your worried about us doing it on a player that will play.

It's crazy money. He's a great player but he isn't nowhere near worth £30m.

Just now, sylofox said:

Myself 20m max for any player. But its not my money and the club wont listen to me so why should I worry.

So you don't want the club to spend up to £40m on him then? If the choice was yours to sanction the deal at £40m you'd say no?

3 minutes ago, Gerard said:

So you don't want the club to spend up to £40m on him then? If the choice was yours to sanction the deal at £40m you'd say no?

Not sure what's hard to understand here. If I was footing the bill no I would not pay 40m but im not. And as I've said the club wont listen to me so im not going to worry about it.

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

Not coming here and is usually deployed as a right winger. Can play right-back and even in central midfield, mind. Very versatile.

Barcelona's Roberto being another similar example.

Capa would be one of my favourites, with Eibar more likely to let him go. Doesn't cost the world, either.

Him or Mitchell Weiser (injured at the moment).

I'm well aware. 

I wasn't being serious.