Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxSinceBirth

New Right Back???

17 minutes ago, brucey said:

I've only read the last page but all the posts seem negative. The Spurs fans will be laughing their heads off if we pay huge money for him. :blush:

But the truth is he still not very good in a 4 or 3, been our worst player ever since he joined, he’s still our worst player.

If his crosses were any good he would have assisted more than one goal from his near 80 so far this season. He’s a championship level player.

He's struggled against the teams that sit back as well, they all know he won't dribble past them or make runs in behind so just push up to close down his crossing opportunities. 

Edited by Gerard

6 hours ago, toddybad said:

The price is irrelevant. It's the owners money. The only question that matters is whether he's the right player. I'd be stunned and very happy with Trippier.

I'd be stunned but I wouldn't be that happy. Not that ive ever been a good judge in the past , I thought Simpson would be a crap signing !!!! 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, sylofox said:

My source is telling me Doris the tea lady's sorting this deal so nothing can go wrong.

What do you mean??  Doris will be pulling the DoF's Y-Fronts down...??

On 12/24/2017 at 11:05, themightyfin said:

More talks planned for Wednesday/Thursday. 

He’s very keen to come I’m told but spurs are digging their heals in.

From what I’ve been told it seems like we are prepared to Goto £30m but they are wanting to squeeze more from us.

I think it’s going to take more like £40m

lollollol

If we pay that we are absolutely ridiculous.

12 minutes ago, Gerard said:

What absolutely staggers me is there would be some Leicester fans who would rejoice in it regardless of £40m. 

For about five seconds, then when it turns out he isn't among the top 5 players in our squad, everyone will come out with knives for the player and Rudkin quoting the price tag.

I'd rather we get Andre Almeida over Trippier. We are looking at both obviously. I don't think Trippier is good enough defensively for our right side. I'd also think Almeida would be a lot cheaper too and apparently friends with Silva from the Portugal time together. 

Edited by StevieB
Added a bit
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, brucey said:

For about five seconds, then when it turns out he isn't among the top 5 players in our squad, everyone will come out with knives for the player and Rudkin quoting the price tag.

I've no problem us spending £40m but if we do it can't be on a player who has peaked and wouldn't get in a top club's first team. Trippier was Walker's deputy and now he is Aurier's deputy. He wouldn't come here if he was first choice at Tottenham. Also if we spend £40m it's not enough he's better than Simpson, he would have to be in the mix up of the best player at the club.

The footballing world would laugh at us for lining Spurs pockets for one of their squad players and rightly so.

We already know Trippier is a good player but he's nothing more than that and at 27 years of age and a few years in the PL we know exactly what we're getting, a good but unexceptional player. 

• Like 2

As much as I love Simmo, it makes sense to make him a backup instead of getting a backup for him. Simpson is extremely dependable defensivey, however, he is nowhere near the finished article going forward, also,  putting into consideration that he'll be turning 31 in just over a week, meaning, for me, only has maybe a year or so left in the tank in an already physically demanding position. I like the idea of Tripper and would be happy with us picking him up for around  £20m. 

3 hours ago, brucey said:

Correct, and they would be right to. Christ, the thought of us dealing with Spurs makes me churn. Rudkin and his track record up against Daniel Levy. Jesus Christ.

Trippier unquestionably would be an upgrade but that alone does not make him worth paying that sort of money. For that sort of money I'd want someone on Riyad's level.

3 hours ago, Gerard said:

I've no problem us spending £40m but if we do it can't be on a player who has peaked and wouldn't get in a top club's first team. Trippier was Walker's deputy and now he is Aurier's deputy. He wouldn't come here if he was first choice at Tottenham. Also if we spend £40m it's not enough he's better than Simpson, he would have to be in the mix up of the best player at the club.

The footballing world would laugh at us for lining Spurs pockets for one of their squad players and rightly so.

We already know Trippier is a good player but he's nothing more than that and at 27 years of age and a few years in the PL we know exactly what we're getting, a good but unexceptional player. 

I cannot believe people who've sign us sign Kante for £5.5mil, Vardy for £1mil, Mahrez for £400k, Drinkwater for £500k, then to an extent (as it's more like the market today) Ndidi for £15mil and Maguire for £17mil would happily see us spend £40mil on Kieran Trippier. £20mil the absolute maximum for me and I'd have started the bidding nearer £12mil. They laugh at us? Look elsewhere. What happened to our scouting? If we've gone straight into Spurs and Levy with a big offer then more fool us. Levy is probably the worst person to deal with in the country for this. They will bleed every penny they can from us.

• Like 2

I’d take a punt on Trippier has the pace to go at players up the wings know how to cross a decent ball into the box and is quality yeah I’d take him !!

Only negative is that as soon as the window opens it won’t be just us going in for him so really need to show our intent and not mess around with this one !!

45 minutes ago, M0901 said:

I wouldn't pay near £40m for a right back who isn't actually better at defending than Simpson.

No more than £15m

Happy to have him on board though for sure.

I don't think Simpsons defending is the issue.

Modern day full backs have to be good going forward first and foremost. Being a defender is no longer about defending...so it would seem.