Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gerard

André Almeida

16 minutes ago, FIF said:

Will you swap him for Mahrez?

I didn’t know that was the ultimatum!

Having said that, if Mahrez is off anyway and Ben Arfa can play in Mahrez position I wouldn’t be the happiest but better than spend the Mahrez money on 5 £10 million pound utility players!

21 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I didn’t know that was the ultimatum!

Having said that, if Mahrez is off anyway and Ben Arfa can play in Mahrez position I wouldn’t be the happiest but better than spend the Mahrez money on 5 £10 million pound utility players!

Of course it isn't an ultimatum but as you are aware this thread is all just proposition and postulation.

I stated that I think Almeida is better than Trippier, you said you'd prefer Trippier who has been quoted at £50m, I brought in the comparison of that price compared to our "most skilfull" player.

To be more accurate I should probably have asked if you'd be willing to give Spurs Mahrez and £10m in exchange for Trippier (who Spurs fans that I've spoken to don't think is even for sale) as that might get it done.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-city-can-sign-target-e10m-e15m-worst-scenario-january-deal-cards/

During the past month, Leicester City have been frequently linked to the Benfica right-back André Almeida, with reports saying the Foxes have already started contacts in order to sign the player in the January transfer market.

Earlier this week, newspaper O Jogo even claimed that the Leicester midfielder Adrien Silva has recommended the signing, even though he used to play for Benfica’s local rivals Sporting. He’d have told the Foxes that Almeida would fit the squad well and should be worth the investment.

As Almeida signed a contract extension in August, and has been an important player for the Eagles, there wasn’t a reason to believe that he would be cheap for Leicester. First because he has a €30m release clause, then because it’s the January market, and also because well, it’s Benfica who are selling.

image.png.d8235eac268b028127efb4e20704a024.png

But it turns out that Leicester can snap him up for only half of the clause, at least according to what O Jogo reports today. And that would still be the worst scenario on the table.

The newspaper writes that when Almeida agreed the new deal in August, Benfica promised him that he could leave for only €10m, as the club were already aware of his wish to move to a better league.

Problem is that the Eagles don’t have another right-back at the moment, as they don’t trust the Barcelona loanee Douglas, who’s still fighting to continue his spell in Lisbon. That’s why Benfica want to guarantee another signing first, and for now, they demand €15m from Leicester City, as with a few million more they would find themselves in a better scenario to find a replacement in the transfer market.

So in order to get him for the lower price, the Foxes would have to wait for Benfica to find another player first, something that doesn’t look very close, as O Jogo doesn’t mention any names.

• Thanks 1

So in order to get him for the lower price, the Foxes would have to wait for Benfica to find another player first

Yeah great idea that. Worked a treat with the bodged 'Silva' signing.   Our admin Team would welcome another challenge like this.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

So in order to get him for the lower price, the Foxes would have to wait for Benfica to find another player first

Yeah great idea that. Worked a treat with the bodged 'Silva' signing.   Our admin Team would welcome another challenge like this.

It was the reverse in that situation. Chelsea was waiting for us to find a replacement.

33 minutes ago, Beechey said:

It was the reverse in that situation. Chelsea was waiting for us to find a replacement.

Regardless of which way around it was,  it was a bodged signing on our part.

12 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Very true, but this time all we need to do is wait, I'm sure (hopeful) that we can manage that.

Yeah waiting's not the problem. But not having a right back atm let alone a replacement may be. We could be back in a relegation fight if we sit and wait.