Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ozleicester

Apple are dodgy!

So, I assume everyone has heard the latest evidence that Apple DELIBERATELY slow down older phones.

I am just amazed how this has come out and seems that little if any negative reaction has occurred, this company is bad enough with its exploitation and profiteering, but deliberate and forced damage to owners phones is surely illegal?

But the fanboys will continue to suck up, pay extortinate amounts to maintian their trendy neckbeard shit.

Apple should be taken to court and ripped a new ...

10 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

So, I assume everyone has heard the latest evidence that Apple DELIBERATELY slow down older phones.

I am just amazed how this has come out and seems that little if any negative reaction has occurred, this company is bad enough with its exploitation and profiteering, but deliberate and forced damage to owners phones is surely illegal?

But the fanboys will continue to suck up, pay extortinate amounts to maintian their trendy neckbeard shit.

They've promised to release software to rectify it, and have slashed the cost of replacement batteries, so at least they are listening to the negative reaction.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/dec/29/apple-apologises-for-slowing-older-iphones-battery-performance

Edited by Buce
  • Like 1

i've got a 6s which was a great phone before the latest update, but now i'm having to charge it twice a day. Batteries fine and has only lost 10% of its capacity from new 18 months ago. I personally think apple are lying about reducing the performance to increase the battery life because i've not noticed any difference, i think what  they've actually done is increased the the amount of access background apps have to the cpu which is draining the battery quicker. Simple fix is to get one of these.

download.jpg

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Buce said:

They've promised to release software to rectify it, and have slashed the cost of replacement batteries, so at least they are listening to the negative reaction.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/dec/29/apple-apologises-for-slowing-older-iphones-battery-performance

Yes, thats what made me post... theyve managed to make money out of fixing their created problem!!

Of course they are dodgy, they are an International company. All companies get up to dodgy shit.

But these sort of arguments about Apple will go on forever. I like their products because they are genuinely the best for me - I'd have a MAC if I could justify the price but the desktop PC I built serves me what I want it for.

If you don't like them then go elsewhere.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Samilktray said:

I don't think the people getting pissy about this have read fully about why they do this have they? Proper fake news 

They said they slow the phone down to conserve the batter power, ostensibly to ensure the phone doesnt die in use. Thats right isnt it?

They denied doing it until proven by an outsider, they never told anyone they were doing it...unquestionably people would have bought new phones due to the poorer performance of their (slowed down) superseded phones.

But hey, as i mentioned in the op...there are none so blind.

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Of course they are dodgy, they are an International company. All companies get up to dodgy shit.

But these sort of arguments about Apple will go on forever. I like their products because they are genuinely the best for me - I'd have a MAC if I could justify the price but the desktop PC I built serves me what I want it for.

If you don't like them then go elsewhere.

Exactly this.

Yet another example of what I call fake outrage, forget fake news, i'm sick of people and their fake outrage.

You don't like Apple fine, don't buy their products, that goes for any company.

I'm far from an Apple fanboy - I'm not geeky enough to be that bothered, i'm not fashion conscious enough to be bothered but I like the iPhone and it suits me best.

But people must be outraged by something nowadays, this is one of the current topics...don't worry, Trump or something will happen in politics that people can pretend to be outraged, offended and upset about soon.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Now its hard to prove that they have deliberately damaged the phones.... Their claim that the reason they slowed them down was to compensate for an ageing battery and prolong the life of the phone  is hard to disprove also... They are already being sued about this on multiple levels and by multiple claimants so it will be definitely interesting to see how this pans out...