Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ozleicester

Apple are dodgy!

2 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Which sonos speakers did you get col, I got some for Xmas too but I’m already looking to add more. I got sonos 1, and a play 3. I want the sound base and three play 1s I think to complete my system.

Just a 'Play:1' Strokes mi old son.

For us, that will probably do. It fills up our fairly small lounge with good sound and the ipads and phones themselves sound sufficiently good to use in other rooms (like when having a bath)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Which sonos speakers did you get col, I got some for Xmas too but I’m already looking to add more. I got sonos 1, and a play 3. I want the sound base and three play 1s I think to complete my system.

Did you get the one or the play1? If it's the one, what is the Alexa integration like?

Currently got two Play1s in my room at uni but considering getting a One and relegating one of the others to the kitchen.

3 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Did you get the one or the play1? If it's the one, what is the Alexa integration like?

Currently got two Play1s in my room at uni but considering getting a One and relegating one of the others to the kitchen.

I got the one, with Alexa. Not really as good as it should be, I wouldn’t bother tbh. The kids love it but I don’t really see the benefit and I still can’t link my Spotify up through it. Because I’ve got prime and prime music no matter the steps I take it picks that over Spotify.

15 hours ago, DatfoxesKid23 said:

It's apple they got rid of the headphone jack they can do anything and people will carry on buying their shit

That’s the one thing I do ‘hate’ Apple for and put me in a position to make a decision and make me sound very contradictory to my earlier post in this thread.

I have a 5S, it’s been great, does exactly what I want and the best phone for me, but it’s now abit battered and the plan always was to replace it. I’ve considered the 7 but no headphone jack and the home button that’s not a button puts me off the 7, so I’m considering the 6S as it’s an upgrade on my 5S but it’s still a few years old (As I’ve said I’m not bothered about having the latest phone but concerns of buying a couple of years old phone/phasing out are on my mind) but it has what I want on it compared to the latest models so do I, don’t I...

Edited by Matt

58 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Who uses wired headphones these days? Leading the way dude.  Next iPhone may not have any visible connections at all.  

On the point of Bluetooth headphones, does anybody have any recommendations for a decent sounding pair that won't break the bank?

5 hours ago, Matt said:

That’s the one thing I do ‘hate’ Apple for and put me in a position to make a decision and make me sound very contradictory to my earlier post in this thread.

I have a 5S, it’s been great, does exactly what I want and the best phone for me, but it’s now abit battered and the plan always was to replace it. I’ve considered the 7 but no headphone jack and the home button that’s not a button puts me off the 7, so I’m considering the 6S as it’s an upgrade on my 5S but it’s still a few years old (As I’ve said I’m not bothered about having the latest phone but concerns of buying a couple of years old phone/phasing out are on my mind) but it has what I want on it compared to the latest models so do I, don’t I...

If you like the 5s and want up to date specs with a headphone jack then go for the SE as it's cheap and a very good bit of kit for the price 

Just now, Samilktray said:

If you like the 5s and want up to date specs with a headphone jack then go for the SE as it's cheap and a very good bit of kit for the price 

I've considered that, it also seems abit more hard wearing and robust compared to the 6s/7/newer models, but then I like the look of the 6s/7/newer models! lol

2 hours ago, Samilktray said:

On the point of Bluetooth headphones, does anybody have any recommendations for a decent sounding pair that won't break the bank?

All depends what type you want? Just the ear-buds type or the bigger, cushioned jobbies?

I bought the mrs a set of the bigger ones, made by Samsung, for 40 quid from Tesco and to be fair, they've always been great for her. They aren't massive, and pick up Bluetooth from her laptop, iPhone and iPad.

• 11 months later...

Lol Apple is clearly a man...

For example, iPhone X's screen size is supposed to be 5.8 inches, but the plaintiffs measured that it's "only about 5.6875 inches."

https://www.cnet.com/news/apple-lied-about-iphone-x-xs-max-screen-sizes-and-pixel-counts-lawsuit-alleges/?utm_source=reddit.com

• 2 weeks later...

The cheeky ****ers have changed the iCloud to upload videos whereas it didn’t before. That means that all of a sudden, much bigger files have been uploaded and taken up all the space quicker. Which they keep reminding me is now full. Literally every 3 minutes. But conveniently I could pay for more space! Funny that. The bastards.

26 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

The cheeky ****ers have changed the iCloud to upload videos whereas it didn’t before. That means that all of a sudden, much bigger files have been uploaded and taken up all the space quicker. Which they keep reminding me is now full. Literally every 3 minutes. But conveniently I could pay for more space! Funny that. The bastards.

Just delete them. 

Apple are the biggest crooks in the phone game. Deliberately push updates that older phones can't handle to keep you jumping on those new contracts. Amazing the blind support they get given the brazen lack of ethics on display. 

Not to mention the newly confirmed mining and resulting sales of people's data. 

Edited by lifted*fox
  • Like 1

On 29/12/2017 at 12:53, yorkie1999 said:

i've got a 6s which was a great phone before the latest update, but now i'm having to charge it twice a day. Batteries fine and has only lost 10% of its capacity from new 18 months ago. I personally think apple are lying about reducing the performance to increase the battery life because i've not noticed any difference, i think what  they've actually done is increased the the amount of access background apps have to the cpu which is draining the battery quicker. Simple fix is to get one of these.

download.jpg

I have a 6sPlus and though my battery said it was performing up to 80% I took advantage this month of the new battery fix for £25.

Its a right result - better than new and requires a charge mostly every couple of nights unless I’m on it all day then every night...

I think the offer is open until Jan the somethingth then it will go up slightly but well worth doing.

I thought it was a legit reason to save the battery? And the battery really is shit compared to good android phones.

I've had both iphone and android. The good quality androids are as good if not better than iphones and cheaper generally.

Apple make money from selling you phones. Google make money by tracking you and selling your advertising data to companies and whoever. So there's that.

• 4 weeks later...

Apple has been dodgy, manipulative and have put style over substance since they began.

Yet they're very successful, despite frequently pulling the wool over peoples eyes.

In the beginning they even got away with calling themselves Apple despite an existing high profile music company having the same name.

Edited by Free Falling Foxes

On 29/12/2017 at 12:40, ozleicester said:

So, I assume everyone has heard the latest evidence that Apple DELIBERATELY slow down older phones.

I am just amazed how this has come out and seems that little if any negative reaction has occurred, this company is bad enough with its exploitation and profiteering, but deliberate and forced damage to owners phones is surely illegal?

But the fanboys will continue to suck up, pay extortinate amounts to maintian their trendy neckbeard shit.

Apple should be taken to court and ripped a new ...

They've been doing this since the days of the old ipod, its not surprising. I've never purchased an Apple product and never will.