Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ozleicester

Apple are dodgy!

I have had apple phones ever since the 1st one came out and have never felt like it is slowing down, maybe i have been lucky? I tend to upgrade every 2 years and it works well for me. However saying this, I have been on what was T mobile for bloody years and the monthly prices are now getting silly so will be looking at new deals when my contract expires in February. I guess its cheaper to outright buy the phone and stick a tesco's or similar sim in? 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I have had apple phones ever since the 1st one came out and have never felt like it is slowing down, maybe i have been lucky? I tend to upgrade every 2 years and it works well for me. However saying this, I have been on what was T mobile for bloody years and the monthly prices are now getting silly so will be looking at new deals when my contract expires in February. I guess its cheaper to outright buy the phone and stick a tesco's or similar sim in? 

Ha. T-Mobile. 

When i was 18 (20 years ago) I took out a contract with One2One, I’ve never moved and always had the same number. 

Went from One2One to T-Mobile to EE

• Like 1

On 29/01/2019 at 23:49, ozleicester said:

Apple FaceTime bug allows audio to be transmitted from iPhone without users' knowledge 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-01-30/apple-to-patch-privacy-bug-in-video-calling-feature/10760866

A lot will happen without users' knowledge, no doubt about it. Not just Apple either.

• 7 months later...

Always been a bit skeptic of the Apple Watches, but I like the newest models, style-wise. The price, however, not so much.

The latest iPhones just don't appeal to me. I still mourn the lack of a built-in headphone jack. And there's a trend here that makes their phones more of a luxury item more than anything. I thought previous models were a bit more affordable, now it's just getting more and more expensive with each new phone.

Edited by MC Prussian

2 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Yes, because the iPhone 11 pro is the new iPhone X.  The iPhone 11 is a replacement for the XR which is a cheaper version.

From Gizmodo

"Despite being cheaper (and $30 less expensive than the XR at launch) the entry-level iPhone...."

12 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

I can't really see what point you're trying to make?

11 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

me neither

Nothing of huge importance, not worth getting upset about .. just found it interesting that Apples products are getting cheaper.

• 11 months later...

https://www.tomsguide.com/uk/news/iphone-12-release-date-price-specs

Some info on the new iPhone 12 that'll be out soon. It's looking like a mid October launch.

Think I'll have to upgrade to the 12 at some point, I'm still using an iPhone 8 that I've had for nearly 3 years. I will try and hold off for another year, but I don't think this battery will make it, it's almost a year old and will probably be totally fcensored.gifked in 6 months time. It's either replace the battery for a 2nd time or just buy a new phone.

Not really saying that Apple are dodgy in this particular instance but i find it an interesting development...

Google play have removed the game from their app store too.

Apple has removed Fortnite from its App Store, preventing players from installing one of the world's most popular games on iPhones.
It came after a Fortnite update that let players buy in-game currency at a lower rate if they bought direct from maker Epic Games - bypassing Apple.
Epic appeared to know the ban would come, announcing it had filed a legal complaint minutes after the removal.
Apple takes a standard 30% cut of sales from its compulsory payment system.

Hours later, Google also appeared to remove the app from its Google Play Store - though it remains available on Android phones through other means, such as Epic Games' own launcher.
On iOS, the App Store is the only way to legitimately load apps. But Apple said Epic had taken the "unfortunate step of violating the App Store guidelines".
Those guidelines ban any payment system apart from Apple's own, and has been the subject of several high-profile rows between developers and Apple.
Epic said any iPhone players who already have the app installed should be able to continue playing until the game's next update rolls out. After that, they will lose some features.
Those on an Apple Mac computer will not be affected, since that version does not use the iOS App Store.

7 hours ago, MPH said:

Not really saying that Apple are dodgy in this particular instance but i find it an interesting development...

Google play have removed the game from their app store too.

Apple has removed Fortnite from its App Store, preventing players from installing one of the world's most popular games on iPhones.
It came after a Fortnite update that let players buy in-game currency at a lower rate if they bought direct from maker Epic Games - bypassing Apple.
Epic appeared to know the ban would come, announcing it had filed a legal complaint minutes after the removal.
Apple takes a standard 30% cut of sales from its compulsory payment system.

Hours later, Google also appeared to remove the app from its Google Play Store - though it remains available on Android phones through other means, such as Epic Games' own launcher.
On iOS, the App Store is the only way to legitimately load apps. But Apple said Epic had taken the "unfortunate step of violating the App Store guidelines".
Those guidelines ban any payment system apart from Apple's own, and has been the subject of several high-profile rows between developers and Apple.
Epic said any iPhone players who already have the app installed should be able to continue playing until the game's next update rolls out. After that, they will lose some features.
Those on an Apple Mac computer will not be affected, since that version does not use the iOS App Store.

Not really that surprising I guess, and apple could rightly argue that their paltform is partly why the game is so huge.  Protecting rights is big money these days, see the PL effectively killing the Saudi takeover of Newcastle due to Saudi TV showing PL games without paying.

1 hour ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

I see they have filed a lawsuit against a company that uses a Pear as a logo. They think it is an infringement.

Bloody hypocrites. They called their company Apple despite the Beatles having one of the very same name and they got away with it.

that was financially settled in 2007.