Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GaelicFox

Crazy Politically Correct happenings and issues thread

The world is paralysed by political correctness 

last night I went to the curve to see Scrooge , it was very good but some crazy casting going on 

Scrooge a white man in a dickens novel had an Asian sister ... and the Cratchit Family has white Asian and black children in the family it looked bizarre 

if it was set in 2017 then that would be ok but it was set in 1840 ! 

imagine how the von trappe Family might look like in a 2018 Remake ? 

Political correctness is a leftist scourge its everywhere these days 

the maxists will of course accuse anyone of highlighting this madness as being racist etc....

Edited by GaelicFox
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

According to most adverts on TV, couples are either same sex or mixed race.

Goodness knows what the OXO family would look like now.

(Younger readers will need to Google)

Most? Really?

Admittedly, I watch very little tv, and pay no attention to the adverts, but that seems like something Nigel Farage would say. Do you have anything other than confirmation bias to back up your assertion?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

According to most adverts on TV, couples are either same sex or mixed race.

Goodness knows what the OXO family would look like now.

(Younger readers will need to Google)

I don't think I've ever seen a same sex couple in an advert except for Match. Com and they were pretty obviously doing it to point out they're improving their services for for non-M/F daters which was historically their default. 

Oh and the advert in question got offcom complaints for showing lesbians flirting. 

Edited by Finnegan

1 hour ago, GaelicFox said:

last night I went to the curve to see Scrooge , it was very good but some crazy casting going on 

Scrooge a white man in a dickens novel had an Asian sister ... and the Cratchit Family has white Asian and black children in the family it looked bizarre 

What about Marley being a woman eh mate? Tiny Tim had long hair as well, bloody worlds gone to shit mate.

1 hour ago, GaelicFox said:

Fair play for writing what you believe mate, though you'll win few friends on here with a post like this, I suspect.

Victorian London contained many Asian immigrants and black freed slaves, so the issues Dickens was writing about would have affected all races, creeds and colours.

In terms of 'A Christmas Carol', the issue is, was Dickens writing about white characters? I'd assumed Scrooge to be white, Bob Cratchitt, Tiny Tim etc..

If so, then to make the play multi-racial in essence, is misleading. If you didn't know the story and thought that Scrooge had an Asian sister, when he didn't, the play would then not be real to the story. 

That's my take on it. If 'being PC' detracts from how something was written or meant to be perceived, it's 'being pc for pc's sake'. That's my opinion.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GaelicFox said:

the maxists will of course accuse anyone of highlighting this madness as being racist etc....

White actors have been cast into what were originally wrote as non-white roles for decades, where are your complaints about that? 

I’m not even going to give you the satisfaction of calling you racist (which is obviously what you’re fishing for here). You just seem to have a very small, weak mind and to be honest, in this season of goodwill, I pity you.

Edited by Rogstanley
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, GaelicFox said:

So you’d prefer that a talented actor could be prevented from performing a role in a classic because of something they have no control over?

These issues may have effected your enjoyment of the play, but did it cause detriment to the essence of the story? 

It should be remembered that at one point, women were barred from acting and instead these parts were played by white men.

3 minutes ago, Strokes said:

It’s stupid Gaelic I had a similar experience with same novel this Christmas, I was furious.

It was not so much ethnicities though, in this one scrooge was played by a DUCK! Of all things. There were mice, dogs, ducklings even fùcking crickets. Barely a human in sight, not what Charles had in mind I can tell you.

I bet he is turning in his grave, it ruined my Christmas.

6BF889D3-977D-460B-AE13-9D1183953D0B.jpeg

Wait until you see the version with the frog and pig!

• Haha 1

Let me guess, OP is also annoyed by the church of Sweden going gender neutral when referring to God - http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/sweden-church-god-gender-neutral-terms-uppsala-stockholm-lund-cathedral-lena-sjostrand-archbishop-a8129736.html - because God may be an all powerful being completely beyond our comprehension, but, he definitely has a cock.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Wait until you see the version with the frog and pig!

Mail Online

What the Dickens?

Sharia-practicing Islamists force school ban on British literary hero.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Let me guess, OP is also annoyed by the church of Sweden going gender neutral when referring to God - http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/sweden-church-god-gender-neutral-terms-uppsala-stockholm-lund-cathedral-lena-sjostrand-archbishop-a8129736.html - because God may be an all powerful being completely beyond our comprehension, but, he definitely has a cock.

Well yes, stands to reason he’s a white male with that kind of power! 

Just now, stevelcfc said:

Define 'Politically correct'?

It's just an empty phrase racist, homophobic, transphobic, sexist bigots use to try and legitimise their medieval views when they get shut down.

Oh come on! There are plenty of examples where political correctness is in place and unnecessary, this just isn’t one of them.

• Like 2