Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lavrentis

Dogs

2 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Just let a dog have her dippers ffs.

When she can prove she won't squirt them up the wall! She's not had another bout since 8am and I've given her a few spoonfuls of rice and egg since, so I'm guessing she's recovering. Not drank much though, might have to mix a little chicken stock in the water to see if that'll tempt her

2 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

When she can prove she won't squirt them up the wall! She's not had another bout since 8am and I've given her a few spoonfuls of rice and egg since, so I'm guessing she's recovering. Not drank much though, might have to mix a little chicken stock in the water to see if that'll tempt her

My dog who’s on medication for epilepsy ransacked the kitchen and ate another days worth of food, Little shit!

3 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Cheers for the advice, I've given her scrambled egg with white rice as I've heard that's as easy on the stomach as I haven't got any chicken in (besides Chicken Dippers, and she's not having them). Been about an hour with no further development so I guess it's not too serious but gonna feed her small amounts throughout the day and make sure she's drinking

Spent the last hour convinced that there's germs fvcking everywhere so I'm disinfecting every damn surface of the house!

Keep your eye on things and always only sensible food ...    my mate had a GSD which looked just last mine ..   only 4 years old and it died last week of Pancreatitis...   it seemed to have a dicky stomach and couldn’t put weight on ...   now we know why.    :mellow:

31 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Keep your eye on things and always only sensible food ...    my mate had a GSD which looked just last mine ..   only 4 years old and it died last week of Pancreatitis...   it seemed to have a dicky stomach and couldn’t put weight on ...   now we know why.    :mellow:

That's terrible :(

Mine doesn't have any problem putting weight on, she's always after food! Touch wood it's nothing serious, she seems a little tired today but she's barely eaten (because I've limited her eating) and she always seems tired when she's bored as I'm not walking her until the evening. Otherwise she's being her usual self

2 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

My dog who’s on medication for epilepsy ransacked the kitchen and ate another days worth of food, Little shit!

My spaniel is a little bastard for stealing food. Anthing left unattended gets eaten! I left my fish and chips on the side for two minutes the other day whilst I took the kids food into them and came back and the little bastard had eaten the lot!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, stripeyfox said:

My spaniel is a little bastard for stealing food. Anthing left unattended gets eaten! I left my fish and chips on the side for two minutes the other day whilst I took the kids food into them and came back and the little bastard had eaten the lot!

Haha it’s bad isn’t it.

This stupid thing has had a seizure as a result, I usually give him extra medication when he’s eaten more but thought I wouldn’t need to this time.

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

Haha it’s bad isn’t it.

This stupid thing has had a seizure as a result, I usually give him extra medication when he’s eaten more but thought I wouldn’t need to this time.

Last year at Easter we came downstairs having left all the easter eggs out for the kids to a front room full of chewed up cardboard and foil and not much chocolate left!

1 minute ago, stripeyfox said:

Last year at Easter we came downstairs having left all the easter eggs out for the kids to a front room full of chewed up cardboard and foil and not much chocolate left!

Mine will eat anything but like I said it is all down to his tablets. It means I can actually let him off his lead on walks though as he always wants a bone.

Its terrible when the blackberrys are out lol.

While I remember, an update on the pups...

The two surviving ones Oreo and Romeo are doing really well. They're now 2 1/2 weeks old and gaining weight well. Eyes are now open and they are beginning to stand on their legs. 

They love their worming medicine and seem to be making really good progress. All being well they will be off to their new homes in July.

I'll post a picture later

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

That's terrible :(

Mine doesn't have any problem putting weight on, she's always after food! Touch wood it's nothing serious, she seems a little tired today but she's barely eaten (because I've limited her eating) and she always seems tired when she's bored as I'm not walking her until the evening. Otherwise she's being her usual self

How's she doing now mate? 

5 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

How's she doing now mate? 

No more bowel movements which is good, but I've had to trick her into drinking by putting egg in the water. She normally only drinks a couple of times a day but she usually has about a litre from the tap when she does. Also seems tired, but I'll see if she wants a walk in a mo so if she gets up and starts stretching and wagging, then I know she's alright

Had to throw her £50 bed out though, only had it a couple of months!

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone's dog ever seemingly get really anxious over nothing obvious? Mine's been doing a weird thing on walks the last few days where maybe once or twice a day she'll put her tail between her legs and pace forwards quickly and keep looking over her shoulder. Tonight she's gone to hide in a corner of the garden (never done that before) so I said "walk" and she got excited and acted normally, so we went for a little walk. Just got home, opened the back door and she's gone and hid again. Nothing new in the house that might scare her. I don't like this at all

I've checked her for injuries/ticks/ear infection and can't see anything that might be distressing her

15 minutes ago, CarbonVirtine said:

How's her eyesight? Have you any reason to suspect she might not be seeing 100%? Shapes and shadows might be spooking her.

Hadn't thought of that. Her eyes look normal and she hasn't been acting clumsily but if it persists for another day or two I'll get the vet to check. Thanks for the input

8 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Anyone's dog ever seemingly get really anxious over nothing obvious? Mine's been doing a weird thing on walks the last few days where maybe once or twice a day she'll put her tail between her legs and pace forwards quickly and keep looking over her shoulder. Tonight she's gone to hide in a corner of the garden (never done that before) so I said "walk" and she got excited and acted normally, so we went for a little walk. Just got home, opened the back door and she's gone and hid again. Nothing new in the house that might scare her. I don't like this at all

I've checked her for injuries/ticks/ear infection and can't see anything that might be distressing her

How old is she mate? Any other strange behaviour like seeming clingy or randomly climbing on the back of the sofa?

29 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

How old is she mate? Any other strange behaviour like seeming clingy or randomly climbing on the back of the sofa?

4 years, nothing else strange like that. Suppose it could be dementia but a bit young. As far as I'm aware she hasn't had any traumas recently

3 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

4 years, nothing else strange like that. Suppose it could be dementia but a bit young. As far as I'm aware she hasn't had any traumas recently

Nah doubt it’s dementia mate, was wondering if she was young as mine with epilepsy used to do strange stuff like that.

I’m sure she has just been spooked by something and will get over it, give her treats etc on her walks and hopefully it’s nothing pal.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Nah doubt it’s dementia mate, was wondering if she was young as mine with epilepsy used to do strange stuff like that.

I’m sure she has just been spooked by something and will get over it, give her treats etc on her walks and hopefully it’s nothing pal.

Yeah she was acted like she was spooked but have no idea what, we were just in the living room watching TV so she's either heard or smelt something I couldn't (hopefully the case) or imagined something

51 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Yeah she was acted like she was spooked but have no idea what, we were just in the living room watching TV so she's either heard or smelt something I couldn't (hopefully the case) or imagined something

Is she a Great Dane with black spots and a penchant for hanging out in vans with mystery solving teenagers?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Yes its frustrating not knowing but you just have to keep watching and try and work it out ...   doesn’t sound too worrying to me Junior and I’m not sure the vet would be able to help you ...   so I’d just keep monitoring.    Let me know how things are on Friday and if you are still concerned I’ll ask my mate in the pub ...   he’s a retired vet.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Have you had any changes to your daily routine? Any new neighbors that may have new pets in close by gardens?