Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lavrentis

Dogs

1 hour ago, Milo said:

Not really a dog person.

Heard some screaming outside earlier and saw a young lady with a small dog under one arm trying to chase another that was running around a main road. Went out to help and apparently she'd been driving along and nearly hit one of them, and a bus nearly hit he other one. We chased down the second one and got it out of harms way...then didn't really know what to do! No collars and I didn't recognise them.

I volunteered to take them to the local vet to see if they were chipped - fvck knows what I'd do if they weren't...what happens in that situation??

Anyway, bundled them into the car and headed to vets - luckily they were chipped and I left them with the vet to reunite with the owners. Me and my car now smell of dog.

But good deed done for the day!

You’re a good man.

1 hour ago, Milo said:

Not really a dog person.

Heard some screaming outside earlier and saw a young lady with a small dog under one arm trying to chase another that was running around a main road. Went out to help and apparently she'd been driving along and nearly hit one of them, and a bus nearly hit he other one. We chased down the second one and got it out of harms way...then didn't really know what to do! No collars and I didn't recognise them.

I volunteered to take them to the local vet to see if they were chipped - fvck knows what I'd do if they weren't...what happens in that situation??

Anyway, bundled them into the car and headed to vets - luckily they were chipped and I left them with the vet to reunite with the owners. Me and my car now smell of dog.

But good deed done for the day!

Decent thing to do my old fruit, but going off your profile pic I just assumed you were a dog!

• Haha 1

On 26/06/2018 at 01:58, Costock_Fox said:

Yeah, he definitely doesn’t have the “I’m sitting on this ****ing table whether you like it or not, otherwise I’ll eat your balls” look about him at all.

Nah, hes not as mean as he looks.. quite the opposite in fact... this is today at his latest foster carers house :) It is amazing what some love care and decent treatment can do :)

Image may contain: dog and outdoor

54 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Nah, hes not as mean as he looks.. quite the opposite in fact... this is today at his latest foster carers house :) It is amazing what some love care and decent treatment can do :)

Image may contain: dog and outdoor

Yeah I bet. Here is one of mine from the other day, crazy twat

DB8005E8-3A5E-491B-AC2F-2CC09C4F17F0.jpeg

• Haha 1

I had a Border Collie as a kid, we lived near Foxton and the dog went everywhere with me it really was my best friend. I was devastated when he had to be put to sleep , he was 14, could still chase a rabbit but unfortunately had bowel cancer.

Moving on 40 years and my wife suggested buying a dog, it really has been the terrible experience of 'losing' him which has put me off owning a dog, but happy wife happy life eh,  So we will be picking up our little Girl GSP later this month, she has a virtually nil point hip score so hopefully no problems there. They are fantastic dogs, hugely intelligent and loyal we are all looking forward to our new addition.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

I had a Border Collie as a kid, we lived near Foxton and the dog went everywhere with me it really was my best friend. I was devastated when he had to be put to sleep , he was 14, could still chase a rabbit but unfortunately had bowel cancer.

Moving on 40 years and my wife suggested buying a dog, it really has been the terrible experience of 'losing' him which has put me off owning a dog, but happy wife happy life eh,  So we will be picking up our little Girl GSP later this month, she has a virtually nil point hip score so hopefully no problems there. They are fantastic dogs, hugely intelligent and loyal we are all looking forward to our new addition.

Nice one ! ...  expect some pics soon as ...   :thumbup:

When I was in my late teens I was taking our old dog for a walk, he must have been 13 or 14, all of a sudden he fell on his side and started twitching for about a minute, then he got up and started walking with a limp. At the time I thought he'd just had a funny turn. I realise now it must of had a stroke. Can you imagine if that had happened to a human? Fall over, have a stroke, then get up and carry on walking?

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

When I was in my late teens I was taking our old dog for a walk, he must have been 13 or 14, all of a sudden he fell on his side and started twitching for about a minute, then he got up and started walking with a limp. At the time I thought he'd just had a funny turn. I realise now it must of had a stroke. Can you imagine if that had happened to a human? Fall over, have a stroke, then get up and carry on walking?

Sounds like a seizure rather than a stroke mate.

7 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Very sad ...   people really need to be careful ... 

IMG_0856.PNG

Wow that is really sad. I suppose any long haired dog is at risk in this weather. Our little girl is a German Shorthaired Pointer bred for hunting and running all day so hopefully if we have similar weather next year she should be ok.

22 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I'll take your word for it. Still pretty impressive to get up and walk straight after. 

Yeah, all different types and kinds that I sadly know all too much about. My Husky recovers really quickly from them bless him.

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/08/2017 at 15:28, Vocey said:

Nigel's awesome! Looking at getting one myself one day, is he a mini?

how are you getting on with him?

Sorry mate only just got round to responding to this.

yeah he is a mini and he is sound he is pretty long now though,

83A669E7-856B-4C64-9AA0-A99FECCFCEF1.jpeg

Edited by Unabomber
  • Like 2

Just taken my dogs out for a walk. Now it’s not easy walking two husky’s at the best of times let alone when my legs hurt like **** from the gym so encountering complete tossers who let their dogs run wild off their leads is always fun.

Gets me so angry, if you can’t control them keep them on a lead.

2 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Just taken my dogs out for a walk. Now it’s not easy walking two husky’s at the best of times let alone when my legs hurt like **** from the gym so encountering complete tossers who let their dogs run wild off their leads is always fun.

Gets me so angry, if you can’t control them keep them on a lead.

Its a nightmare tbh, the little dogs are the worse. I'm sure they feel threatened when they see a big dog that is perhaps 10x their size and 80kgs heavier. They bark and yap and nip and tbh the Danes are pretty bemused by it all, its just when the other dog shows signs of aggression that can cause a problem.

A real problem when you are only 5ft 1in (151cms for all you youngsters) 

7 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Its a nightmare tbh, the little dogs are the worse. I'm sure they feel threatened when they see a big dog that is perhaps 10x their size and 80kgs heavier. They bark and yap and nip and tbh the Danes are pretty bemused by it all, its just when the other dog shows signs of aggression that can cause a problem.

A real problem when you are only 5ft 1in (151cms for all you youngsters) 

EIGHTY KILOS!! ?