Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lavrentis

Dogs

For anyone with two, do you find that they do literally double the effort you need to put in or have you found it better given they play with / distract each other?

Well having another dog has really helped my other dog and it has made it easier with things like walks and feeding times. Before my dog would leave his food etc and he would want to eat at random times, now they know when they eat and that if they leave it the other dog will have it. I think overall the effort is pretty much the same it's obviously just more expensive.

Also it is important that the dogs get on as if they don't that would cause hassle. The only annoying thing for me is if I am taking them both on a walk around streets and they are both on short leads trolling me and wanting to sniff different things in opposing directions.

Got a cat. If I had a dog I would want one of these:-Tibetan-Mastiff-the-most-expensive-dog-iA Tibetan Mastiff

flippin heck :o

i'd hate to be the one who has to take the chain off that fecker.

they look like rottweilers crossed with lions 

i've never actually seen one before 

7088f07a855ab02062ac6cdc9c40c6e2.jpg

• Like 1

For anyone with two, do you find that they do literally double the effort you need to put in or have you found it better given they play with / distract each other?

Important to get dogs that go well in temprerment.

I have three golden retrievers. They play well together... take themselves off for long walks ( we live out in the country)

Other than food, there isn't a whole bunch of difference...

oh and car space when we take them to the lake. We have a grand cherokee jeep so we just lay the back seats down..

Not doing anything to speed the process up, but when they die off I would love a couple of wiemeraners (sp!?)

Edited by MPH

Important to get dogs that go well in temprerment.

I have three golden retrievers. They play well together... take themselves off for long walks ( we live out in the country)

Other than food, there isn't a whole bunch of difference...

oh and car space when we take them to the lake. We have a grand cherokee jeep so we just lay the back seats down..

Not doing anything to speed the process up, but when they die off I would love a couple of wiemeraners (sp!?)

Vets fees etc would be treble , and kennelling if you go away?  

weimaraners have got spooky eyes!

I like those Samoyed or husky type looking dogs, but i doubt if i'll have another dog now 

Can't wait to get my own gaff again and get a rescue dog. I want a proper scruffy bastard that eats curries. Was never a cat man but the missus' sister who we currently live with has 2 of them and i've grown to love them. Still not a patch on dogs though but I suppose take less looking after.

• Like 2

Some lovely photos here.

Absolutely love dogs but never been able to think about getting another since my childhood one died.

Sure I'll take the jump one day, working to give a good life to a rescue dog looks very fulfilling.

Some lovely photos here.

Absolutely love dogs but never been able to think about getting another since my childhood one died.

Sure I'll take the jump one day, working to give a good life to a rescue dog looks very fulfilling.

Yeah it definitely is, and in my experience they are very loving.