Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lavrentis

Dogs

Just now, murphy said:

I should recommend pet forums too.

Lots of people will be going through the same with their dogs and I found it really handy to pick up tips and just to talk to people going through the same thing.

I’ll take a look now thanks.

Just now, Strokes said:

Cheers, I hope so.

He isn’t getting any younger but has never shown any signs of slowing down. He has always been so fit and bouncy and we go running for miles together. To see him incapacitated breaks my heart.

Well, for mine, it was hip replacement not cruciate but it is the same in as much that it is major surgery and a looooong rehab.

If it makes you feel any better, those pictures of Codie trotting around the Lake District were all taken post op so I'm sure that your dog can and will make a full recovery too.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Strokes said:

My dog has done his cruciate ligament in his hind leg and is in for an operation to hopefully repair it next week. I’m worried sick and absolutely devastated for him. 

Hope he gets better soon mate, never nice seeing your dog struggling.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nnfox said:

Well, I am pleased to announce that we did not get a dog and the situation has gone quiet. For now.

Please don't think that I am a dog hater, I'm not.  I just knew they take a lot of looking after and I don't have the time (or inclination) at this point in my life. 

I'm sure the conversation will come up again in the future but for now I have absolutely no regrets about not getting one.

Thanks for all the comments! 

Get a lab, no trouble at all, if mine doesn’t get his 22 hrs sleep a day, he’s fit for nothing.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

What a handsome brute ..  even though he's had a 2 mile walk at the crack of dawn ..   and had HIS breakfast ..  he will still sit and stare at me until I go back out and throw his ball ...   but who could refuse that face !! ..   :)

IMG_0201.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

Been in Brighton all weekend and looks like these pair had a tiring weekend in their boarding house.

Too cute

2CF72824-1CE9-4028-AB87-A9028C0A4ACE.jpeg

How lovely and clean ! ...   my two are covered in sh1t and mud and one has been rolling in fox sh1t and absolutely stinks ...   the house is a fookin mess ..  

But we wouldn't have it any other way ! ...   :)

21 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

How lovely and clean ! ...   my two are covered in sh1t and mud and one has been rolling in fox sh1t and absolutely stinks ...   the house is a fookin mess ..  

But we wouldn't have it any other way ! ...   :)

Errr I had to bath them both the second I got them home yesterday as they were caked head to toe in fox shit lol.

The place they go when I go away is a mansion with a 2 acre secure field so the woman just lets them run loose which they absolutely love. Normally only one of them rolls but obviously this must have been some good shit so they both indulged. Vile.

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Our English Springer Spaniel is due to have a litter of pups in the next few days.Thought she was going into labour last night as she was acting weird so I slept downstairs near her whelping box but she just kept me awake all night by jumping onto the Z bed with me!

If anyone is looking for a springer pup then let me know! Should be ready for new homes in early - mid July. Full KC pedigree registered of course...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

Our English Springer Spaniel is due to have a litter of pups in the next few days.Thought she was going into labour last night as she was acting weird so I slept downstairs near her whelping box but she just kept me awake all night by jumping onto the Z bed with me!

If anyone is looking for a springer pup then let me know! Should be ready for new homes in early - mid July. Full KC pedigree registered of course...

I would love one mate but it’s the wrong time for me to be able to take in another geezer into the house. What’s the price though mate as I might know somebody looking?

Oh and I expect regular pictures now. :wub:

5 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I would love one mate but it’s the wrong time for me to be able to take in another geezer into the house. What’s the price though mate as I might know somebody looking?

Oh and I expect regular pictures now. :wub:

Not finalized everything yet but probably around £750 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stripeyfox said:

Pictures as requested. Just a small litter which she delivered yesterday evening. Four pups born, but unfortunately she laboured for a very long time on number three and he emerged not breathing. I tried to get a breath in him and a good rub to get him going but sadly he didn't make it.

The other three are doing well though - two of them weigh around 410g each and one at 375g which is a decent weight.

Had a small puppy funeral for the wee pup who didn't make it this morning - cue much heartbreak from the kids!

IMG-20180503-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20180503-WA0007.jpg

Cute, RIP the pup that didn’t make it.

My little shits have eaten three plants in my back garden.

7 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Cute, RIP the pup that didn’t make it.

My little shits have eaten three plants in my back garden.

Yeah, he was beautiful as well - absolutely perfect but just wasn't breathing. I spoke to the vet on the phone at the time who said he'd probably become "stuck" at some point and just had the little life squeezed out of him. We were worried about any more pups that followed him and were almost considering rushing her to the vet but then she delivered number four ok. 

Was a bit emotional when I wrapped him in a towel and buried him in the garden this morning. He was almost pure white but with a black head and a big black spot on his tail. The kids named him Dexter.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

Yeah, he was beautiful as well - absolutely perfect but just wasn't breathing. I spoke to the vet on the phone at the time who said he'd probably become "stuck" at some point and just had the little life squeezed out of him. We were worried about any more pups that followed him and were almost considering rushing her to the vet but then she delivered number four ok. 

Was a bit emotional when I wrapped him in a towel and buried him in the garden this morning. He was almost pure white but with a black head and a big black spot on his tail. The kids named him Dexter.

Bless him, I would have cried like baby.

I could never have a dog with puppies because I would end up with a house full of dogs lol

One of the pups - the last one born is really struggling. Seems to be suffering from "Fading Puppy Syndrome". He just won't feed, hasn't gained any weight and seems to be fading fast. Have spent the last 24 hours trying to syringe feed him every hour or so. Am absolutely knackered. Probably won't make much difference to his prospects, but you've got to try I suppose

Feel sorry for the little fella. Last time we had a litter, we had 8 pups who sailed through with no problems so it's tough this time having lost one and possibly another one who won't make it.

The other two seem to be doing well though, fingers crossed